Arthur Blank on CBS radio at 4

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok so just finished listening.    they introduced him as one of the true gentlemen in the game.    -people needing to be connected  and the role social media has done to connect people  

Me thinks the ‘trade Ryan/Julio’ crowd is gonna have a nervous breakdown hissy fit. 

He said "we have no plans to replace MR." And in order to move on from MR there has to be a smooth transition plan. But no plans have been discussed. Same for Julio when the time comes. He a

Ok so just finished listening. 

they introduced him as one of the true gentlemen in the game. 

-people needing to be connected  and the role social media has done to connect people  for a minute I thought he was going to give a shout out to the AFMB

-he’s impressed by all the notes he’s been getting about AS from former coaches he’s worked with

- there has been a succession plan with WR from roddy to JJ to Calvin  And that there will be some kind of succession plan or the hope is to have a succession plan for all positions

- he said right off the bat that if he got calls from other teams regarding a trade etc that he would refer them to our general manager because he feels that a owner doesn’t have any business talking about stuff like that

- He said that Matt Ryan will be our quarterback for next season and beyond

-He referenced the Green Bay situation and the Kansas City situation in which young quarterback sat behind the the current quarterbacks and learned from them  

He said "we have no plans to replace MR." And in order to move on from MR there has to be a smooth transition plan. But no plans have been discussed.

Same for Julio when the time comes.

He also said MR is aware they could select a QB at any time but MR is their starting QB with no plans to move on from that.

He was also asked if he is open to listening to calls about a trade scenario regarding MR.

And he had the greatest response. He said he would thank them for their call, and tell them they are talking to the wrong person. They should call the coach and GM. Then he would be involved with input at some point but don't present the plan to him. 

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

@Macknsweetjones, @g-dawg, @Sidecar Falcon, sounds like you may have been right. QB is possible even with Ryan staying. 

I wouldn't hate it, because you are theoretically getting an elite guy to replace the greatest QB in Falcon's history, and that guy gets to learn from MR. I personally would prefer going a different route. 1st & foremost, I would prefer a trade back for more picks, but if that is not possible, I would take Sewell at 4.

6 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

And he had the greatest response.

Great response by him.  

He said he never met As dad.  But im thinking when he does, there will be a Home Depot- FedEx collaboration forthcoming.  I liked that AS didnt want to just fall in line with the family business.  That he was the first person in the room and last one out.

3 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Great response by him.  

He said he never met As dad.  But im thinking when he does, there will be a Home Depot- FedEx collaboration forthcoming.  I liked that AS didnt want to just fall in line with the family business.  That he was the first person in the room and last one out.

Even as a quality control coach he was first there and last to leave, getting everyone what they needed.

Yeah I liked that bit to.

4 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Great response by him.  

AS is gonna compete with Matt Ryan for First in last out race.. 

6 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I wouldn't hate it, because you are theoretically getting an elite guy to replace the greatest QB in Falcon's history, and that guy gets to learn from MR. I personally would prefer going a different route. 1st & foremost, I would prefer a trade back for more picks, but if that is not possible, I would take Sewell at 4.

I wouldn’t say “elite” guy. Every QB taken is going to be a crap shoot. 

21 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

@Macknsweetjones, @g-dawg, @Sidecar Falcon, sounds like you may have been right. QB is possible even with Ryan staying. 

Anything’s ‘possible’, I guess. I’m in the camp of seeing falcons take a developmental guy such as Jamie Newman in 3rd - 4th round or later.  But a QB near top of Rd 1 of this draft for us with so many other areas of need is not only highly improbable, but foolish.