Matt Ryan is awkward and unathletic, that's why we need to draft a young stud like Wilson at 4

4 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I almost cried laughing when I watched that for the first time. Dude's legs just stopped working but he didn't realize it until it was too late. Reminds me of Beasley's fumble return for a TD where he was just jogging the last 30 yards or so because he was so exhausted

good times. good times

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

but matt is smart enough along with it, to make a business decision look like he's just a clutz   

and he's proved he can bounce back too  

Posted Images

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

lol...well said.

the anti- Wilson camp still has yet to offer any logical reason why Wilson would be a poor choice if we go QB at 4th.  The strength of competition is a weak argument. In terms of what Wilson has put on tape, there are very few concerns with him as a prospect.  I am now confident he could thrive early on.

I trust Steve Young more than most of the other guys out there offering their opinion, and he offers good insight on Zach:

One of those top prospects, BYU's Zach Wilson, believes he'd be a great fit in Shanahan's system. 49ers legend and BYU alum Steve Young has watched Wilson and believes the young gunslinger could thrive early in the NFL, even comparing his calmness to that of Patrick Mahomes

"What you have with Zach is a young kind of figuring it out," Young told KNBR's "Tolbert, Krueger and Brooks."" It feels like he has that settledness on the field like Patrick Mahomes. I'm not saying they are the same. It feels like the more you put on him, the more you broaden the field, it feels like the more he thrives. And that's not usual. Usually, it's the opposite, and people have to grow into that space. You've seen Josh Allen have to grow into that space whereas Patrick Mahomes showed up ready for it. Usually there's some time but once they get going, you can see where Josh Allen, he's not topping out. You can see he's getting better and better and how good will he be? I feel like Zach's got that potential (to get better), that he won't top out real quickly.

"People have questioned his -- I don't know what they've questioned. I don't see anything to really question right now. Everything that they put on him, he seems to answer, and it just feels like, to me, there's no limit to what he can be right now."

As for Wilson's potential fit with the 49ers, Young thinks Wilson could be able to come in and have instant success running a system similar to the one he piloted at BYU.

"The truth of the matter is, and we've talked about this before, the college game and the pro game are very similar now," Young said. "And so the offense that Zach Wilson ran at BYU is the offense that he'll run in San Francisco. It will be very familiar to him. It's very familiar if he goes to a number of teams, and that's true for Trevor Lawrence. These guys should be able to enter and have success much faster than in the old days."

i'm not a fan of drafting wilson at 4 because he's had 2 surgeries on his throwing shoulder already. it has nothing to do with his ability (i agree he's got the tools to potentially be a good nfl qb) or level of competition (which i agree is a bs argument).

in my opinion, on a risk/reward basis, the potential reward doesn't justify the heightened level of the risk due to the shoulder surgeries. that's the kind of pick you make in the second round, at #4 you need much higher reward with much lower risk.

***EDIT: while i found several websites reporting 2 shoulder surgeries, i also read in a few that the second sugery was a throwing hand surgery. so not 100% sure which it is.

Edited by JohnnyFranchise
fact check correction
2 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Some of you guys who are on here a lot more than I am, try to keep up with who feels we will draft a quarterback at #4 and who don't. cuz most people on here keep saying they're right when the drafts months away . I just think it'd be cool to check on all the  know-it-alls on here ...

Same but in reverse.  When we don't draft a QB at 4 will you still be posting here?  Along with your other cronies with Matt Ryan Derangement Syndrome?  Those of us who are saying we're right will still be here, just as we have been through the good and the bad.  Will you cockroaches still show your faces when you are wrong and Matt thrives in Arthur's system?  

Image result for outlook not so good

1 minute ago, athell said:

Same but in reverse.  When we don't draft a QB at 4 will you still be posting here?  Along with your other cronies with Matt Ryan Derangement Syndrome?  Those of us who are saying we're right will still be here, just as we have been through the good and the bad.  Will you cockroaches still show your faces when you are wrong and Matt thrives in Arthur's system?  

Image result for outlook not so good

I'll be here ... And you can tell me " I told you so " all you want ...no worries

53 minutes ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

There's maybe a 0% chance of the Falcons winning the Super Bowl in 2021 with or without Ryan.

Build the team to make a run in 2023.

Sure Bud, we’ve had such great success rebuilding since the franchises inception. Those years following the rebuilds have always been delightful to endure.

Ryan has played 6 less seasons than Brees, 8 years less than Tom Brady. The idea we cut one of the best, most cerebral QBs in the NFL who has at minimum 3 years left before he starts to decline enough to notice, is foolhardy IMO. We still have a 5 year window with Ryan to win a Super Bowl. Even as he starts to decline if we build a team around his strengths and cerebral abilities we have a legitimate shot at winning a Super Bowl ober next 5 years with him.

Conversely, how many teams drafted QBs that high only to find out years later they couldn’t hold a candle to how well RYAN is playing today? I’ll go with the sure bet rather than hoping a draft pick one day pans out. 

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

The final 3 throws are why Wilson is a top 3 prospect in this years draft

The first two are nothing overly impressive, especially not the second. The third throw is good, but a poor decision to go well short of the endzone surrounded by defenders on a final play. Dude would get railed here if he made a decision like that. 

5 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

The first two are nothing overly impressive, especially not the second. The third throw is good, but a poor decision to go well short of the endzone surrounded by defenders on a final play. Dude would get railed here if he made a decision like that. 

The first throw is a 35 yard dime outside the hash. If that’s not an impressive throw then nothing really is.  The point is he moved the ball 95 yards in 30 seconds with no TO’s.  Unfortunately they fell half a yard short as time expired

8 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Sure Bud, we’ve had such great success rebuilding since the franchises inception. Those years following the rebuilds have always been delightful to endure.

Ryan has played 6 less seasons than Brees, 8 years less than Tom Brady. The idea we cut one of the best, most cerebral QBs in the NFL who has at minimum 3 years left before he starts to decline enough to notice, is foolhardy IMO. We still have a 5 year window with Ryan to win a Super Bowl. Even as he starts to decline if we build a team around his strengths and cerebral abilities we have a legitimate shot at winning a Super Bowl ober next 5 years with him.

Conversely, how many teams drafted QBs that high only to find out years later they couldn’t hold a candle to how well RYAN is playing today? I’ll go with the sure bet rather than hoping a draft pick one day pans out. 

You didn't notice that I never wrote anything about drafting a QB with the 4th pick or any other pick.

What I wrote was the Falcons will not win a Super Bowl next season with or without Ryan.

If the Falcons did win a Super Bowl with Ryan as QB, which I doubt will happen, it will be because the team has a dominant defense and a strong run game.

2 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Some of you guys who are on here a lot more than I am, try to keep up with who feels we will draft a quarterback at #4 and who don't. cuz most people on here keep saying they're right when the drafts months away . I just think it'd be cool to check on all the  know-it-alls on here ...

The OP being a gif of Wilson falling didn't trigger any sense that he was being making a joke?

3 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Lol...hes usually right 🤣

33 minutes ago, gazoo said:

And btw, Ryan is neither Brady nor Brees

Give it up dude. Matt Ryan is the greatest of all time and you will not change their mind. But again if we do draft Wilson which I hope we do, I promise you all these guys on here are going to hope he fails. I think they're more Ryan fans than they are falcon fans. I know it sounds crazy but it's true. 

You are wrong! Most of us will cheer for whoever wears the uniform. We just choose to not bash the most productive member still wearing that uniform. Stop inserting your opinions as if you know what we think. That's why I post for myself.

31 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Thats so freakin funny. Full on stealth mode trying to sneak outside just to trip over his own feet. One of the funniest things I've seen.

Lol. Matt gets up like a little dude and thumps up..."im okay"

4 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Give it up dude. Matt Ryan is the greatest of all time and you will not change their mind. But again if we do draft Wilson which I hope we do, I promise you all these guys on here are going to hope he fails. I think they're more Ryan fans than they are falcon fans. I know it sounds crazy but it's true. 

Wrong. The guys who cheer, root for Ryan, are the ones who don't hate players just because of their own agenda. It's the haters like you, who hate Ryan, that are constantly posting stupid **** to try and further your agenda.

I just don't look at the situation the same what you do. I think the front office hired him to rebuild. There's no way Arthur Blank thinks we're going to challenge for super bowl next year. But to keep the post short, I feel this whole situation with bringing in a new coach and GM is for a rebuild. But apparently you feel differently. So we'll just to wait to see which way this team goes. Rebuild for the future, or win now. 

Clearly not what AB has said, but carry on with your bad self...