Todd Gurley Wants to Return

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

And on the flip side of all of that...the defense had the chance to stop them from driving 80 yards in less than a minute with no time outs.

While I agree the play there should have been kneel, take the time out and put it on Koo with like 2 seconds left....that would have been ideal but the defense still had chances to end the game....and did not

The end of that game showed us how our relationship with the refs are. The end of the first Bucs Game solidified it.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We finished 4-12. Everyone on the team stole.

Not for what he stole, I mean made last year

He's busted.  At this point he's here to placate the UGA homers.

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

The end of that game showed us how our relationship with the refs are. The end of the first Bucs Game solidified it.

Yeah...that gets overlooked.

People want to pretend that if you play well enough you can overcome the refs but there are times where they are just as big of a factor as anything else.

The entire second half of the first bucs game was brutal from a ref standpoint.

The double penalty on AJ which may happen once ever 3 years, the bogus hit to the head while being blocked in the back during a punt , the blatantly egregious missed holding calls....and then cherry on top of the **** sundae  the clearly biased call to end the game and.

12 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

My guess its going to be no.  Cap being what it is, so few signed players, that having a guy around who can barely practice and is really ready to go 80% of the time is a luxury the Falcons cannot afford.

Agree. Gurley's first season as a Falcon will be his last. AS and TF will move on and find somebody who can put up better numbers for less money. A big comeback here for Gurley was just not meant to be.

9 hours ago, falcndave said:

Wasn't interested last year, not interested in the future. Not sure he was the best back on the roster in 2020 and my position on Smith and Hill is an emphatic "meh." 

Exactly!!! Hill and Smith are "meh" players at best and they clearly outperformed Gurley last year. Gurley didn't suck because of Koetter or the OL. Gurley sucked becasue he can't move anymore. He can't make guys miss in the open field. He doesn't have burst to make it through holes before they close. He's toast!!

7 hours ago, Rings said:

I don’t think he’s done like many do, I think similar to Free he looked a lot slower, indecisive and older just because of the scheme he was in.  Don’t forget Free looked lost and slow in decision making his rookie year under Dirk and then thrived under Shanny/Sark’s schemes the next few years.  I think it’s very realistic Gurley has a strong season next year if he’s in the right scheme.  

That said, I doubt it’s here based on what someone will pay him.  I think injury may have caused him to lose a half step, again similar to Free, but not to the extent people make it out to be.  He was grossly under utilized as a pass catcher last year as well.

How do you explain Brian Hill and Ito Smith both being in the exact same situation and being just fine? It wasn't scheme bro. Go back and look at how many times Gurley was 1-on-1 with a guy and that guy tackled him. Look at how many times there was a clear running lane but Gurley missed it or if he did see it he was too slow to get there before it closed.

Also, when Matt Ryan did attempt to throw it to Gurley Gurley dropped it or couldn't move far enough to even get his hands on the pass because Ryan wasn't as accurate with the throw as he should have been. Gurley had a great career but it's time to bid him farewell.

7 hours ago, athell said:

You know I wasn't thrilled with it from the jump, specifically because of his knee, but was willing to give him a chance.  He can still get the ball in the end zone but man he fell off haaaaaaaaaaaard in the 2nd half of last season and I think it's just going to slowly get worse and worse for him.

Exactly my thoughts. I didn't like it last year but was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But it didn't take long to see why the Rams moved on and why it wasn't a purely financial move on the Rams part. The only way Gurley has an NFL future is if he is used like the Steelers used Jerome Bettis his last several years. Bettis was strictly a goal line back for the Steelers. Nothing more. It worked for them. Gurley proved he can still score touchdowns at the goal line but that's all he proved capable of. That's the only way he should be used.

He is a perfect signing. He is coming off of a down year with a new regime. This means he is motivated to prove last year was a fluke, motivated to prove he isn't injury prone and isn't on the decline, probably willing (and has to) take a smaller "prove it" contract, and he actually wants to be here and cares about Atlanta/Georgia. It also makes sense for Font to look at the potential for a high potential veteran for a bargain. 

3 minutes ago, Joey563 said:

He is a perfect signing. He is coming off of a down year with a new regime. This means he is motivated to prove last year was a fluke, motivated to prove he isn't injury prone and isn't on the decline, probably willing (and has to) take a smaller "prove it" contract, and he actually wants to be here and cares about Atlanta/Georgia. It also makes sense for Font to look at the potential for a high potential veteran for a bargain. 

I hope he's "motivated" enough for a massive paycut LOL