Who do you think will win super bowl 55?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

who and why? Brady, cause the refs want him to

I dont know what you doing but it ain't betting...lol...  

You know how we do it in the streets lol. None of that spread ****. Lady at work like Brady so I bet with her. My step dad is a Chiefs fan so I bet with Brady. So I just break even no matter what lol

Posted Images

9 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The most important in all of sports? I’ve never heard someone call it that. Is it the most important position in football? Yes. But, it’s still 1 starter out of 22. The quarterback doesn’t even play in half of the snaps of the entire game. 

He's heard it... From the voices in his head that agree with him

6 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

Not exactly. Was drawing a comparison in team play vs individual play in that although one person can't obviously control the actions of all of the players on the field, court or ice... that one player, if special enough like Brady, Jordan or Gretzky can control the result in many, many, many cases. That's why those players make a gajillion dollars while journeymen make league minimum. 

True.  Wayne Gretzky had two body guards his entire career.  Gretzky even said that without Marty McSorley, he does get the numbers.  Jari Kuri fed him the puck, Craig MacTavish blocked.  Even as great as any player is, he is set up to use his skills.  No wizard does it alone.  Now, if were talking golf, tennis, pool, swimming etc, I'd buy that.  

10 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

True.  Wayne Gretzky had two body guards his entire career.  Gretzky even said that without Marty McSorley, he does get the numbers.  Jari Kuri fed him the puck, Craig MacTavish blocked.  Even as great as any player is, he is set up to use his skills.  No wizard does it alone.  Now, if were talking golf, tennis, pool, swimming etc, I'd buy that.  

Don't forget bowling too... 😉

12 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The most important in all of sports? I’ve never heard someone call it that. Is it the most important position in football? Yes. But, it’s still 1 starter out of 22. The quarterback doesn’t even play in half of the snaps of the entire game. 

"But that is the root of the problem, isn’t it? No matter how well Matt Ryan performs, he is going to age out like everyone does eventually in the NFL. The last thing you want to be is like the Saints, banking on if Jamies Winston is the heir apparent, or the Colts that have a team ready for a deep playoff run but no QB to lead. It’s not a Need today, sure, but it will definitely be one soon. ***Again, at the most important  position in all of sports.*** Why not have your heir apparent on the roster now, so we’re not hoping and praying in two years from now."

JD see the quote regarding QB being the most important position in all of sports?  His words, not mine. A little more than anecdotal at this point. 

During the season, the division rivals get no quarter with me... but in the Super Bowl I am going with the guys from the neighborhood.

image.png.e09d1b8bfc5c590b4ab305e829494711.png

For the sake of the history of the division, we need to raise our numbers.

Now I would never cheer for the Saints, but in this instance... I am rolling with Tampa Bay.

Bucs were in all ways the same as Falcons last season. Brady rolls in and after no preseason they’re in the Super Bowl.  
So what changed?  Gronk?  Brown?

C’mon, why is it so hard to admit it?  The only visible change is Brady at QB. The only invisible change is Brady can call plays and Arians has the self confidence to be ok with Brady being a metric crappe tonnne better at game management. Brady will be in the Super Bowl or at least NFC championship game next year. 

I wish we were. We’ll be there in probably 3 years, maybe 2. 

52 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

Bucs were in all ways the same as Falcons last season. Brady rolls in and after no preseason they’re in the Super Bowl.  
So what changed?  Gronk?  Brown?

C’mon, why is it so hard to admit it?  The only visible change is Brady at QB. The only invisible change is Brady can call plays and Arians has the self confidence to be ok with Brady being a metric crappe tonnne better at game management. Brady will be in the Super Bowl or at least NFC championship game next year. 

I wish we were. We’ll be there in probably 3 years, maybe 2. 

So now Brady doesn't even a Head Coach? I guess he didn't need a defense to cover his 3 INT last week either.

14 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

Yeah, I didn't make that up. Heard it dozens of times listening to hundreds of sports talk shows. I'm sure if you Google it the reference will come up. In a more microcosmic example, Michael Jordan was only one of five players on the court in the team sport of basketball. He won hundreds of games by himself. 

11 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

***The quarterback doesn’t even play in half of the snaps of the entire game.***

No, but he plays in 100% of the snaps in half the game, which means he completely controls the offense and quite possibly the outcome. 

2 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

"But that is the root of the problem, isn’t it? No matter how well Matt Ryan performs, he is going to age out like everyone does eventually in the NFL. The last thing you want to be is like the Saints, banking on if Jamies Winston is the heir apparent, or the Colts that have a team ready for a deep playoff run but no QB to lead. It’s not a Need today, sure, but it will definitely be one soon. ***Again, at the most important  position in all of sports.*** Why not have your heir apparent on the roster now, so we’re not hoping and praying in two years from now."

JD see the quote regarding QB being the most important position in all of sports?  His words, not mine. A little more than anecdotal at this point. 

Yes.....I see that you’re trying to post all this content but none of it really proves your theory that QB’s win on their own. I believe football is the ultimate team sport. You won’t convince me that QB’s rise to the occasion or fall flat on their faces. Quarterbacks don’t win championships, teams do. You and I likely won’t agree on this. It is what it is 

43 minutes ago, Mr.Blank said:

So now Brady doesn't even a Head Coach? I guess he didn't need a defense to cover his 3 INT last week either.

Maybe you’ll be right on this one. 6 rings, probably gonna be 7. Maybe he’s not a difference maker. We can agree to disagree. 

And I’m not saying he doesn’t need a coach or OC or QBC. But I am saying he knows more, an extremely significant quantity more, than Arians or Leftwich. And I am saying that his coaches are smart enough and more importantly self-assured enough to know when to coach and when to shut up and stand back.  Because his decision making in game is second to none.  

And I’m agreeing with you. Getting hit pre-release still counts as an interception. WR missing/deflecting still counts as an interception. 

And I’m agreeing with you that all the 1st downs and sacks and completions  and interceptions and punts do not mean a thing after the last whistle. W is better than L. And like or hate Brady, his only concern is W. 

2 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

Maybe you’ll be right on this one. 6 rings, probably gonna be 7. Maybe he’s not a difference maker. We can agree to disagree. 

And I’m not saying he doesn’t need a coach or OC or QBC. But I am saying he knows more, an extremely significant quantity more, than Arians or Leftwich. And I am saying that his coaches are smart enough and more importantly self-assured enough to know when to coach and when to shut up and stand back.  Because his decision making in game is second to none.  

And I’m agreeing with you. Getting hit pre-release still counts as an interception. WR missing/deflecting still counts as an interception. 

And I’m agreeing with you that all the 1st downs and sacks and completions  and interceptions and punts do not mean a thing after the last whistle. W is better than L. And like or hate Brady, his only concern is W. 

Sure he wins. Still takes a good team and coaching. I guess what gets me the most about Brady is not only is he great but he’s been the benefactor of some extraordinary good fortune over the years (tuck rule, inexplicably bad decisions by Seahawks/Falcons, Chiefs offsides, countless favorable calls to name only a few)

1 hour ago, Mr.Blank said:

Sure he wins. Still takes a good team and coaching. I guess what gets me the most about Brady is not only is he great but he’s been the benefactor of some extraordinary good fortune over the years (tuck rule, inexplicably bad decisions by Seahawks/Falcons, Chiefs offsides, countless favorable calls to name only a few)

Same page, brother.  And yes, he has been abundantly blessed with luck.  And favorable on the fly rule changes.  And great coaching and well-fitted systems and good teammates.  And (not sure if this is as obvious) he is a favorite of many officials, we all remember mean look = roughing the passer flag.  I get that refs are human and make mistakes and miss things, they can only look 1 way.  But if we all are fans and have favorite players, and refs love football more than most of us, it's reasonable to think they are fans of players too.  That is reflective in the way Bucs (and formerly Pats) games are called.

So all things equal, Brady has a lot of external things going for him.  And he's very good.  

I don't love him, I wish he'd retire.  

And we'll get there soon.  I'm optimistic about our future.  

4 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yes.....I see that you’re trying to post all this content but none of it really proves your theory that QB’s win on their own. I believe football is the ultimate team sport. You won’t convince me that QB’s rise to the occasion or fall flat on their faces. Quarterbacks don’t win championships, teams do. You and I likely won’t agree on this. It is what it is 

Curious... What are the odds that the Bucs would have gone to the Super Bowl with Jameis Winston as QB?  Now insert Tom Brady.  How did that effect the odds?  One guy practically makes also-rans into favorites.  It couldn't be that Brady rushes the passer... or intercepts passes... or run blocks... can it?  One guy...  Sheds a little light as to what the most important position in sports could be...

18 hours ago, Rings said:

I think that’s the point.  1/5 is 20%, you can completely take over a game when you are 20% of the players on the court both offensive and defensively.  You can shut down the other teams best player, you can take the ball all the way down the court and score yourself. When you are 1/22...not even including special teams...you’re not even 5%.  Not even Tom Brady is stopping the other teams best players from scoring, and he isn’t running the length of the field to score, he has to rely on others to do what they get paid to do.  Yes he can make a huge impact, but it’s why assigning W/L to a QB and no other position makes very little sense.  

About the same as a pitcher in baseball, if your team loses 1-0 as a pitcher, you did your job really well, that’s on batters making plays, as they also get paid to do their job.  Just because it’s been done for a long time doesn’t mean it’s smart.

Curious... What are the odds that the Bucs would have gone to the Super Bowl with Jameis Winston as QB?  Now insert Tom Brady.  How did that effect the odds?  One guy practically makes also-rans into favorites.  It couldn't be that Brady rushes the passer... or intercepts passes... or run blocks... can it?  One guy...  Sheds a little light as to what the most important position in sports could be...