Who do you think will win super bowl 55?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

who and why? Brady, cause the refs want him to

I dont know what you doing but it ain't betting...lol...  

You know how we do it in the streets lol. None of that spread ****. Lady at work like Brady so I bet with her. My step dad is a Chiefs fan so I bet with Brady. So I just break even no matter what lol

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Ah okay, that makes more sense. 56 still seems kind of low though. Chiefs would have to fall asleep like they did after the first quarter of the previous matchup for that to happen .

I used to do parlays but have realized they are basically just a fantasy. Teasers are more fun. Obviously the payout is much lower than a parlay, but you have a good shot a winning. 

Ask me last week, KC. Because Ried and EB and Mahomes can out-adjust the Bucs. 
Now I’m not so sure. Some hinges on COVID tests this week. Some hinges on Brady magic. 
Advantage Brady (today). 
I hope it’s a good game. 

I have a 9’ limestone smoker in the yard and I’ll be firing it up Saturday. 
So technically I’ll win!

8 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Are you suggesting a QB can do it on his own?

Maybe... Maybe not. But there is a reason why it's called the most important position in all of sports. Brady sublimely displayed that in the 4th quarter of our SB loss. And actually Mahomes in last year's SB... Great elite QB's make the most absolute great plays at the most critical of times. 

Just now, joeyg2033 said:

Maybe... Maybe not. But there is a reason why it's called the most important position in all of sports. Brady sublimely displayed that in the 4th quarter of our SB loss. And actually Mahomes in last year's SB... Great elite QB's make the most absolute great plays at the most critical of times. 

The most important in all of sports? I’ve never heard someone call it that. Is it the most important position in football? Yes. But, it’s still 1 starter out of 22. The quarterback doesn’t even play in half of the snaps of the entire game. 

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The most important in all of sports? I’ve never heard someone call it that. Is it the most important position in football? Yes. But, it’s still 1 starter out of 22. The quarterback doesn’t even play in half of the snaps of the entire game. 

Yeah, I didn't make that up. Heard it dozens of times listening to hundreds of sports talk shows. I'm sure if you Google it the reference will come up. In a more microcosmic example, Michael Jordan was only one of five players on the court in the team sport of basketball. He won hundreds of games by himself. 

50 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

Yeah, I didn't make that up. Heard it dozens of times listening to hundreds of sports talk shows. I'm sure if you Google it the reference will come up. In a more microcosmic example, Michael Jordan was only one of five players on the court in the team sport of basketball. He won hundreds of games by himself. 

I think that’s the point.  1/5 is 20%, you can completely take over a game when you are 20% of the players on the court both offensive and defensively.  You can shut down the other teams best player, you can take the ball all the way down the court and score yourself. When you are 1/22...not even including special teams...you’re not even 5%.  Not even Tom Brady is stopping the other teams best players from scoring, and he isn’t running the length of the field to score, he has to rely on others to do what they get paid to do.  Yes he can make a huge impact, but it’s why assigning W/L to a QB and no other position makes very little sense.  

About the same as a pitcher in baseball, if your team loses 1-0 as a pitcher, you did your job really well, that’s on batters making plays, as they also get paid to do their job.  Just because it’s been done for a long time doesn’t mean it’s smart.

1 hour ago, joeyg2033 said:

Are you comparing football to basketball?

1 hour ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I really dont care...I just want to see a good game....eat good and drank good.....

McCallan I see.  As Scotches go, that is a very good one.  I prefer the Irish Whiskeys.  I like the cleaner taste.  My favorite is Jameson Black Barrel.  Don't let the Jameson name fool you.  This is not a casual whiskey.  Black Barrel is seriously good. You may not like it the way I do since you enjoy that Scotch flavor.  I think that comes from the peat, right? 

50 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

Are you comparing football to basketball?

Not exactly. Was drawing a comparison in team play vs individual play in that although one person can't obviously control the actions of all of the players on the field, court or ice... that one player, if special enough like Brady, Jordan or Gretzky can control the result in many, many, many cases. That's why those players make a gajillion dollars while journeymen make league minimum. 

2 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

Better QB usually equals wins idk why people don’t get that .. yes an all time defensive performance can stop that from happening but elite QB play covers a lot of mistakes if Mahomes plays to his level KC wins easily 

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

***The quarterback doesn’t even play in half of the snaps of the entire game.***

No, but he plays in 100% of the snaps in half the game, which means he completely controls the offense and quite possibly the outcome. 

1 hour ago, joeyg2033 said:

Not exactly. Was drawing a comparison in team play vs individual play in that although one person can't obviously control the actions of all of the players on the field, court or ice... that one player, if special enough like Brady, Jordan or Gretzky can control the result in many, many, many cases. That's why those players make a gajillion dollars while journeymen make league minimum. 

now you're comparing football to basketball AND hockey?

holy sh*t man.