Matt Ryan on 680 The Fan...

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's one of the best. We will all miss him when he is gone. Meanwhile Capt. Whiny down in Houston is planning on sitting out the season unless he is traded. https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/ne

I am. You can call him Daddy if you want.

To be fair, Eli Manning retired, so someone had to take the crown.

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

He's one of the best. We will all miss him when he is gone.

Meanwhile Capt. Whiny down in Houston is planning on sitting out the season unless he is traded.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/deshaun-watson-willing-to-sit-out-2021-season

so we are calling DeShaun Watson "Captain Whiny" now?  Really?

22 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Meanwhile Capt. Whiny down in Houston is planning on sitting out the season unless he is traded.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/deshaun-watson-willing-to-sit-out-2021-season

I'd be kinda whiny too, in that  organization. They got SCREWED by Bill O' Brian.

13 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

so we are calling DeShaun Watson "Captain Whiny" now?  Really?

Well he certainly isn't acting like a professional. ****, he was one of my favorites.

Yeah I know the Houston FO is a garbage pit with a garbage owner. Maybe he's doing what he needs to do. I'm kind of on the fence with him now. 

One of the first things he said when this all started breaking in Houston (which has totally been swept under the rug) was he wouldn't play for a losing team. I don't remember the exact words, but it was one of the first things out of his mouth. Then it transitioned to him being asked for input (which the owner and FO totally dismissed) and they didn't take his recommendations into consideration. 

My personal opinion: this is the kind of things players do (holding out) before they come back and get injured and/or just totally become irrelevant in the NFL for the rest of their careers.

Hopefully that won't happen and Houston will trade him to a team with an owner that gives a hoot. But his current FO is looking real bullish at the moment. This could get bad. Just don't trade him to Carolina.

5 minutes ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

I'd be kinda whiny too, in that  organization. They got SCREWED by Bill O' Brian.

Who put a gun to his head and forced him to sign that extension? I can't believe most of you are giving him a complete pass. That blame goes 50/50

But I won't turn this into an argument that has nothing to do with the Falcons at all. Just find it ironic how the player doesn't get any blame unless it is a Falcon player

37 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Yeah because Houston is a **** show you big genius ...truth = whiny ? 

bunch of silly post in here ...prolly from people that’ll take BS right up the keester from they boss everyday clock in and remain at the job #dumb

Edited by Macknsweetjones
1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Who put a gun to his head and forced him to sign that extension? I can't believe most of you are giving him a complete pass. That blame goes 50/50

But I won't turn this into an argument that has nothing to do with the Falcons at all. Just find it ironic how the player doesn't get any blame unless it is a Falcon player

Watson is my favorite QB outside of Atlanta, he takes some blame for sure but let's not pretend the Texans would not have gave him the Dak/Cousins treatment and just kept franchising him if he refused to sign an offer. You see how Dak's season ended this past season. He signed a deal to secure his future, He was told one thing by management and then they did the complete opposite and did not involve him like they told him they would. It was not until then, that he had a problem.

11 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Ryan since day 1 has always been pure class. We could draft a QB at 4 and he would support the guy and do everything he could to help him as long as he is wearing a Falcon jersey.

I think Matt Ryan wants to do everything he can to help the Falcons win a super bowl including grooming the future QB.

38 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Oh please you'd do the same thing if you were in his shoes, you'd in fact be foolish not to. 

1 minute ago, vafalconfan said:

The Houston Texans are proof that ownership matters

Arthur wouldn’t let a **** show go on in Atlanta ...yeah we done had some incompetence but not when it comes to the relationship with our QB ..although Ryan should’ve put a boot up his *** for even considering DK as the OC again