Moderators, can you create a new forum "Why we want Matt Ryan gone"?

NorthGaBoy

2 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

If you want to see what Socialized Medicine would look like in the United States go spend a day at a VA Hospital. It’s sad. Matt Ryan is responsible for the mess at the VA. 

Now that I think about it, the crazy stuff I saw going on there had Matt Ryan written all over it.  How did I miss that?

2 hours ago, NorthGaBoy said:

No, but this is the first off-season where the irrational declarations have seemed to reach this level.  It is starting to feel like an insane asylum or a VA Hospital.

I understand the thought process.  The team has struggled for the last three years.  We’ve assembled what most consider a roster capable of competing for Conference championships every year since 2016.... and during that window we’ve managed just two winning seasons.  Our record is a combined 39 Wins and 41 Losses despite fielding such a talented roster.  Extrapolate it further back: since 2013, we have 57 Wins & 71 Losses with just two winning seasons in our last 8 years.  Clearly something is wrong.  I put the majority of the blame on the coaching, but the players haven’t lived up to their end of the bargain either

Since QB is the most important position in professional sports and we have a top 4 pick in a draft widely regarded as QB rich, its logical to debate the pros & cons of drafting a QB this year when we have such great draft positioning

To me it comes down to the scouting and coach/GM evaluations.  If they all agree that Wilson or Fields are can’t miss franchise QB’s, they should pull the trigger, even if it means the QB sits a year behind Ryan.

3 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Lol no. They deserve to express their opinion here, in TATF. You can be a falcons fan and not like Matt Ryan. Yes, I know the subject has been beat to death. It probably won’t stop until after the draft unfortunately 

What the OP doesn't realize is that, it's about 50/50 with the we want to keep Ryan Threads.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I understand the thought process.  The team has struggled for the last three years.  We’ve assembled what most consider a roster capable of competing for Conference championships every year since 2016.... and during that window we’ve managed just two winning seasons.  Our record is a combined 39 Wins and 41 Losses despite fielding such a talented roster.  Extrapolate it further back: since 2013, we have 57 Wins & 71 Losses with just two winning seasons in our last 8 years.  Clearly something is wrong.  I put the majority of the blame on the coaching, but the players haven’t lived up to their end of the bargain either

Since QB is the most important position in professional sports and we have a top 4 pick in a draft widely regarded as QB rich, its logical to debate the pros & cons of drafting a QB this year when we have such great draft positioning

To me it comes down to the scouting and coach/GM evaluations.  If they all agree that Wilson or Fields are can’t miss franchise QB’s, they should pull the trigger, even if it means the QB sits a year behind Ryan.

Bingo. It also shows that people are quick to say things like we only need Sewell, Najee Harris, Micah Parsons, or Patrick Surtain, but not one of the top QBs. That's like saying we only lose games because of an OLineman, RB, EDGE, and CB, but never QB.

6 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Lol no. They deserve to express their opinion here, in TATF. You can be a falcons fan and not like Matt Ryan. Yes, I know the subject has been beat to death. It probably won’t stop until after the draft unfortunately 

That's miswording it. I don't like Matt but also not pushing for him to be out the door before it's his time. Those people hate Matt and wish he was never the quarterback period. 

7 hours ago, NorthGaBoy said:

No, but this is the first off-season where the irrational declarations have seemed to reach this level.  It is starting to feel like an insane asylum or a VA Hospital.

LOL...Then you’ve obviously not been around here very long, NGa.....😊

11 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

The strong illogical argument I have read calls for trading Ryan and Jones now and starting a newly drafted QB.  Their logic seems to be centered on this theory that losing is like a contagious virus and Flowery Branch has to be scrubbed of all infections.  They have been careful to not mention Grady Jarrett, Deion Jones, etc.  This gives me an idea.  The next time someone says this losing organization must be scrubbed of everyone who was here for 28-3 if that includes Grady.  Do you think the crazy runs that deep?

6 hours ago, Vandy said:

LOL...Then you’ve obviously not been around here very long, NGa.....😊

Long time.  I left for a while and I think a forum upgrade required some activity I missed.  After a few years I attempted to return and at that time requests for membership were being ignored.  I joined when things opened back up and just decided on a new login name to prevent any issues with credentials that may be hanging around in an old database. 

The thing that got me was after Smith and Fontenot said Ryan and Jones are not going anywhere, someone posted a potential trade deal for Ryan.  I think posting potential trade deals is somewhat a waste of time.  Posting a potential trade deal the Falcons have publicly stated they have no interest in is ...well........ummmmmmmmmm, I cannot find the right words.

7 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

That's miswording it. I don't like Matt but also not pushing for him to be out the door before it's his time. Those people hate Matt and wish he was never the quarterback period. 

You and few other posters are exceptions. There is nothing wrong in not liking a player or their style of playing. But be upfront about it and don’t move goal posts far from reality. Heck I have my own preferences on RB/QB/ DL/DB and LB or coaches. But I can see who is doing what on the team. 
I hope Falcons realize you can’t expect any player to be perfect in NFL to win games while compensating for other units on the team or coaches.  Build a good team, not just a star player expected to play hero ball.

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

You and few other posters are exceptions. There is nothing wrong in not liking a player or their style of playing. But be upfront about it and don’t move goal posts far from reality. Heck I have my own preferences on RB/QB/ DL/DB and LB or coaches. But I can see who is doing what on the team. 
I hope Falcons realize you can’t expect any player to be perfect in NFL to win games while compensating for other units on the team or coaches.  Build a good team, not just a star player expected to play hero ball.

Bingo. I've said for years that I'm not a Ryan fan. But I don't see what is accomplished by going out of my way to start a thread every other hour pushing to get rid of him because the dude has done amazing things for this franchise that no other QB has done, even the beloved Michael Vick. I will forever give credit where it's due. Even during his worst seasons, he's still played good football. 

Anyone expecting perfection is a fool times 2. Jerry Rice was a heck of a receiver but used Stick Um. Randy Moss was a heck of a receiver but was scared to run across the middle. Tom Brady is considered the goat but some Super Bowl wins and playoff runs are questionable. Tony Gonzo and Shannon Sharpe were amazing Tight Ends but neither wanted to block. I can go on and on. To be honest, today's rules don't even call for perfection. Just build a competitive team as you said and you should be solid. 

10 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Bingo. It also shows that people are quick to say things like we only need Sewell, Najee Harris, Micah Parsons, or Patrick Surtain, but not one of the top QBs. That's like saying we only lose games because of an OLineman, RB, EDGE, and CB, but never QB.

And, that was a complete miss.

Why were the Falcons competitive most first halves and let the games get out of hand the second halves?

Why was the OL competitive mostly during the first half of games and not the second half of games?

Why was the defense mostly competitive during the first halves and not the second halves?

Why did we run a washed up Todd Gurley so much during the first portion of the season?

Why was Dirk Koetter angry when Raheem Morris named Ito Smith the starting RB?

Why did our passing routes get longer and deeper as the games progressed?

Why was Matt Ryan holding on to the ball too much during the second halves of games?

Why were defenses so successful with shutting down the pass and rushing the QB during the second halves of games?

All of this happened because of the plan put together by one person.  Do you know who that was?