Jump to content

What a Ryan trade to Chicago could look like


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Just a article posted today that laid out a few ideas kicking the tires.. I would absolutely toss out doing #3.. But could be some interest in 1 & 2..but Ryan would have to agree to restructure his contract to guarantee money before id consider even those. But just saying, if we are headed for a rebuild anyway (which is coming either way) , get what picks we can while we can to give us a head start.. 

 

Trade No. 1

For Heckman’s first trade deal, the Bears would acquire Matt Ryan and a 2021 fourth-round pick and in return, the Falcons would get Chicago’s 2021 first and sixth-round pick along with 2022’s first and a third-round pick.

This could be a quality trade with this year’s draft class stacked with plenty of QB talent. The Falcons have the No. 4 overall pick and could use that to get the “best player available” possible which could be Oregan’s star offensive tackle, Penei Sewell. And then look to pick No. 10 for a future franchise quarterback like Trey Lance out of North Dakota State. That would kill two birds with one stone on positions Atlanta needs to fill.

And another first-round pick in 2022 could help out as Atlanta starts a complete re-build that could take a couple of seasons and plenty of draft capital.

Trade No. 2

Under Heckman’s trade number two deal, the Falcons deal Chicago Matt Ryan in exchange for cornerback Kyle Fuller, 2021’s first-round pick, and 2022’s second-round pick.

With acquiring one of the best cornerbacks in the league this season and another first-round pick this year…the Falcons would now be killing three birds with one stone.

Fuller, 28, would add some much-needed veteran talent to a Falcons weak defense. He ended the 2020 season with one interception, one forced fumble, and 8 pass breakups with 52 solo tackles. He has been named All-Pro twice in 2019 and again in 2018 along with first-team All-Pro.

The Falcons drafted cornerback AJ Terrell last NFL draft out of Clemson, but he still needs a bit more experience and he likely won’t sprout until his third year like most rookies. Still, he’ll enter 2021 as Atlanta’s top corner. Terrell and Fuller could be a terrifying duo like Fuller
and his teammate Jaylon Johnson and were at the beginning of the 2020 season.

Trade No. 3

Heckman’s third and final deal would have Matt Ryan and Atlanta’s 2021 fourth-round pick headed to Chicago and in return, the Falcons receive Bears’ QB Nick Foles, their 2021 first and third-round pick, and 2022’s first-round pick.

The Falcons will be picking their future QB in this year’s draft, no doubt. But acquiring Foles would give Atlanta the veteran QB mentorship any rookie signal-caller needs. To end the season, Foles completed 65.4 percent of his passes for 1,852 yards, 10 touchdowns, and eight interceptions in seven starts.

The Falcons have Kurt Benkert, but he is still very young and inexperienced so having Foles around to fill take over Matt Schaub’s spot wouldn’t be so bad.

Matt Ryan isn’t a washed-up veteran, he’s going to be costly and while it will be hard to get out of his contract this year, anything seems possible, so let’s keep speculating to keep us entertained until the 2021 season.

LOL, slummy. It’s become an annual ritual in here of you devising schemes on how we can rid ourselves of both Ryan and Julio since forever. 
 

Bring back those exciting years of Doug Johnson, Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich, Chris Redmond, and Kurt Kittner!
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

listed below, the exact details of a Matt Ryan trade deal:                                        

Kyle Fuller has a 20 million dollar cap hit. This wouldn't even work in madden.

the Meat Beater 9000! the thread derail to end all thread derails!    no less than the full on HIVE SOP DAP of thread derails!   and I might say, if there was EVER a thread th

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

LOL, slummy. It’s become an annual ritual in here of you devising schemes on how we can rid ourselves of both Ryan and Julio in here since forever. 
 

Bring back those exciting years of Doug Johnson, Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich, Chris Redmond, and Kurt Kittner!
 

 

To be fair, the hot dog vendor hasn’t had a 90 catch season since Leftwich departed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

To be fair, the hot dog vendor hasn’t had a 90 catch season since Leftwich departed. 

Don’t get me started on slummy’s receivers bro. 
 

Bring us back that fleet hands of stone Leonard hankerson, peerless price, jammi German, Nick Williams and perhaps his personal favorite, Ashley Lelie to replace Julio. 🙃

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Vandy said:

LOL, slummy. It’s become an annual ritual in here of you devising schemes on how we can rid ourselves of both Ryan and Julio in here since forever. 
 

Bring back those exciting years of Doug Johnson, Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich, Chris Redmond, and Kurt Kittner!
 

 

Kurt Kittner, that’s the name I haven’t heard in a while. If Falcons can’t find another franchise QB after Ryan. We would be remembering these guys more often.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Vandy said:

LOL, slummy. It’s become an annual ritual in here of you devising schemes on how we can rid ourselves of both Ryan and Julio in here since forever. 
 

Bring back those exciting years of Doug Johnson, Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich, Chris Redmond, and Kurt Kittner!
 

 

 

27 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

To be fair, the hot dog vendor hasn’t had a 90 catch season since Leftwich departed. 

 

10 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

No wonder AB had to slash hot dog prices. 

and I didn't even have to tag the 'back up', y'all just naturally found your way

 

:lol:

 

the only thing we're missing is the supper menu and a sprinkling of ''that's what she saids'' and we'd be full on derail

:ninja:

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

We must go deeper:

 

:vince:the Meat Beater 9000!

the thread derail to end all thread derails! 

 

no less than the full on HIVE SOP DAP of thread derails!

 

and I might say, if there was EVER a thread that needed a meat beater 9000 derail, this one was IT!

Bravo my man, BRAVO!!! :golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

 

@Ezekiel 25:17 @RING OF HONOR @Vandy @Knight of God @ya_boi_j @Tim Mazetti

@JDaveG

I know I'm missing some, but man my fellow thread derailers, y'all have GOT to see this

 

I'm touched, in awe, amazed and just down right proud of @Ergo Proxy

 

 

edit to add: 

do you think you just found the secret behind Popeye's chicken sandwich?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vandy said:

LOL, slummy. It’s become an annual ritual in here of you devising schemes on how we can rid ourselves of both Ryan and Julio in here since forever. 
 

Bring back those exciting years of Doug Johnson, Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich, Chris Redmond, and Kurt Kittner!
 

 

Sad, ain't it

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, papachaz said:

I don't berate anyone unless they can't take a joke and misunderstand. That's who I am, there's no 'pass from the mods' at all. everyone knows it, well except you apparently. and for those who get it, my jokes are usually, albeit indirectly a lot of the time, aimed at the topic. 

 

you just can't handle that you started a thread about something that was already made public that wasn't going to happen, and it's been pointed out to you.  LOL it's ok pumpkin, we've all missed a headline from time to time  ;)

 

oh and edit to say, I wasn't even the first to point it out  :D

Its hypothetical man, I made that clear.. But ok

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

This one made me hurt a little, @papachaz

you know, I know people don't eat monkeys, so there'd be no reason to do that,  but man, if that was a monkey....

 

but for the record, I've actually watched my grandmother do that. with today's modern technology, a lot of people use a device made from an old washing machine, with pieces of rubber mounted inside the tub to pluck the feathers after the chicken sits in the hot water

:lol:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, papachaz said:

you know, I know people don't eat monkeys, so there'd be no reason to do that,  but man, if that was a monkey....

 

but for the record, I've actually watched my grandmother do that. with today's modern technology, a lot of people use a device made from an old washing machine, with pieces of rubber mounted inside the tub to pluck the feathers after the chicken sits in the hot water

:lol:

 

 

I don’t think this city boy could handle that papa. 
 

This is more my kind of chicken slappin’

 

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=221765195360074&_rdr

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Its hypothetical man, I made that clear.. But ok

oh there was definitely something that was clear with you posting this thread, I wouldn't call it 'hypothetical' either, was it vandy or JDave that covered it above? either way, I'm reminded of an oldie but goodie by Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose,  "It's too late, to turn back now....."

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, papachaz said:

 

 

and I didn't even have to tag the 'back up', y'all just naturally found your way

 

:lol:

 

the only thing we're missing is the supper menu and a sprinkling of ''that's what she saids'' and we'd be full on derail

:ninja:

Its nothing to brag about, its really sad this is a fan forum for the Falcons but a few guys here get free rein to bully anyone that has another point of view for the team opposite of what yall may have. Alot of fans really love this team and hasn't been happy with the record we've had for several years.. I understand you may be a super fan of Ryan, but not everyone is.. So please just understand alot of fans understand the Falcons organization will carry on if Ryan isnt here.. Its not right imo what several of you get away with because ive had many new guys that come here and ask whats up with the bullying several of ya'll get away with here and I just try to encourage them to continue to speak thier minds and imo they should be free here to express their feelings without being made feel like they are less important because of seeing a different direction of the team they are fans of.. I really hope you give other fans a chance to express their opinions here without being such a bully, you may actually learn something listening to other opinions from time to time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vandy said:

LOL, slummy. It’s become an annual ritual in here of you devising schemes on how we can rid ourselves of both Ryan and Julio since forever. 
 

Bring back those exciting years of Doug Johnson, Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich, Chris Redmond, and Kurt Kittner!
 

 

Kurt Kittner is the only NFL QB I have seen wring his hands after passing the ball.  He looked like a guy pulled out of a bus stop, dressed out, and told "all you have to do is play hot potato.  When the center tosses you the ball, just fling it anywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Its nothing to brag about, its really sad this is a fan forum for the Falcons but a few guys here get free rein to bully anyone that has another point of view for the team opposite of what yall may have. Alot of fans really love this team and hasn't been happy with the record we've had for several years.. I understand you may be a super fan of Ryan, but not everyone is.. So please just understand alot of fans understand the Falcons organization will carry on if Ryan isnt here.. Its not right imo what several of you get away with because ive had many new guys that come here and ask whats up with the bullying several of ya'll get away with here and I just try to encourage them to continue to speak thier minds and imo they should be free here to express their feelings without being made feel like they are less important because of seeing a different direction of the team they are fans of.. I really hope you give other fans a chance to express their opinions here without being such a bully, you may actually learn something listening to other opinions from time to time. 

LOL bully? no one is bullying you or anyone else. we're simply making fun of you for posting this right after the thread that I and several other's have pointed out to you stating there have been no talks with anyone about trading Matt or Julio....It has nothing to do with your different point of view dude, get over yourself. You're not the first that's been made fun of, and won't be the last. Heck someone got me a few nights ago, well deserved too, I laughed and went on. I'll recommend you learn to do that as well  ;)

I'm a Falcons fan, I've had certain players I've loved through the years, and they've all gone on after football, Bartkowski, William Andrews, Jesse 'The Hammer' Wallace Frances, Van Note, Scott Case, I mean the list goes on and on. the same thing will happen with Matt and JJ, and whomever becomes a 'favorite' of mine after them. It's not about that at all, it's about poking fun. Take it personal pumpkin, you're not the first of those either, and won't be the last. 

look around, you're pretty much the only one involved in your 'poor me' pity party. Just remember, if you can't laugh at yourself, come post something up, there's plenty around here will gladly do it for ya  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, papachaz said:

LOL bully? no one is bullying you or anyone else. we're simply making fun of you for posting this right after the thread that I and several other's have pointed out to you stating there have been no talks with anyone about trading Matt or Julio....It has nothing to do with your different point of view dude, get over yourself. You're not the first that's been made fun of, and won't be the last. Heck someone got me a few nights ago, well deserved too, I laughed and went on. I'll recommend you learn to do that as well  ;)

I'm a Falcons fan, I've had certain players I've loved through the years, and they've all gone on after football, Bartkowski, William Andrews, Jesse 'The Hammer' Wallace Frances, Van Note, Scott Case, I mean the list goes on and on. the same thing will happen with Matt and JJ, and whomever becomes a 'favorite' of mine after them. It's not about that at all, it's about poking fun. Take it personal pumpkin, you're not the first of those either, and won't be the last. 

look around, you're pretty much the only one involved in your 'poor me' pity party. Just remember, if you can't laugh at yourself, come post something up, there's plenty around here will gladly do it for ya  

Obviously, you don't understand.. If anyone else says the things you have to other posters.. They will be banned.. I promise you, so don't pretend you have no idea what im talking about. Just consider yourself lucky, you can talk down to anyone that post here with a different view than yours and you're safe, but I promise you.. Alot more people here disagree with you than you know, but they realize what will happen if they tried to act like you do.. Just be happy you can actually speak your mind here and have no worries.. It's not a reality for alot of other fans. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Obviously, you don't understand.. If anyone else says the things you have to other posters.. They will be banned.. I promise you, so don't pretend you have no idea what im talking about. Just consider yourself lucky, you can talk down to anyone that post here with a different view than yours and you're safe, but I promise you.. Alot more people here disagree with you than you know, but they realize what will happen if they tried to act like you do.. Just be happy you can actually speak your mind here and have no worries.. It's not a reality for alot of other fans. 

@VTCrunkler @JD dirtybird21 the gig is up! They've figured out you guys love me!!!!

 

dude I don't get any kind of special treatment, you're crazy if you think so. I've gotten scolded by mods in the past when deserved, I tipped my cap and got on with life. ;)  I haven't said anything to anyone worthy of being banned for, or, I'd be banned. there are way better posters, longer 'tenured' than I, who have been, I certainly wouldn't be spared, and I honestly can't think of one single reason why anyone who isn't delusional would think I get special favors? but please, show me some! I'd like to see what those reasons are!!!!

 

so you're the guy new guys come to and complain? LMAO that's funny stuff right there. there are several good mods here they could go complain to, but they choose you, LMAO man that is just funny.  that's just so far beyond laughable.  I mean really??? LMAO

But you know what? you are right, I am free to come here and speak my mind with no worries, you know why? not because I don't worry I might get banned. Not at all, I do it, because if I were to get perma banned from here, my life would go on. I don't worry one bit about what my life would be like if someone on the internet don't agree with me, or if I couldn't go back and post more drivel on a message board. I don't worry about getting banned, I don't worry about getting blocked or put on ignore, because it just don't matter.

well that, and the fact (as much as facts are hated around here) is, that most posters have a sense of humor, and realize majority of it with me is, again, poking fun. If I go overboard and offend someone, and they report me, the mods have no problem scolding me, I've tagged two of them to verify that 

anyway, I'm done arguing with you, if you don't like my posts, put me on ignore, report me to any of the mods...I promise you pumpkin, I won't lose any sleep over it, and will be right back poking fun at whomever tomorrow  ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Obviously, you don't understand.. If anyone else says the things you have to other posters.. They will be banned.. I promise you, so don't pretend you have no idea what im talking about. Just consider yourself lucky, you can talk down to anyone that post here with a different view than yours and you're safe, but I promise you.. Alot more people here disagree with you than you know, but they realize what will happen if they tried to act like you do.. Just be happy you can actually speak your mind here and have no worries.. It's not a reality for alot of other fans. 

While I appreciate you speaking on my behalf on who I favor and who I will ban, the reality is, you don’t know what you’re talking about. At all. If you don’t want to get teased, then don’t post silly content. But I’m sorry, there is not any “bullying” going on in this thread at all. You’re just coming off as overly sensitive to people disagreeing with your opinion. If the mass majority of posters think what you posted is silly....then what you posted is probably silly...

Either way, this thread has clearly run its course 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vandy said:

LOL, slummy. It’s become an annual ritual in here of you devising schemes on how we can rid ourselves of both Ryan and Julio since forever. 
 

Bring back those exciting years of Doug Johnson, Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich, Chris Redmond, and Kurt Kittner!
 

 

There all Johnny come lately’s they won’t remember these superstars 😂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...