What a Ryan trade to Chicago could look like

Just a article posted today that laid out a few ideas kicking the tires.. I would absolutely toss out doing #3.. But could be some interest in 1 & 2..but Ryan would have to agree to restructure his contract to guarantee money before id consider even those. But just saying, if we are headed for a rebuild anyway (which is coming either way) , get what picks we can while we can to give us a head start.. 

Trade No. 1

For Heckman’s first trade deal, the Bears would acquire Matt Ryan and a 2021 fourth-round pick and in return, the Falcons would get Chicago’s 2021 first and sixth-round pick along with 2022’s first and a third-round pick.

This could be a quality trade with this year’s draft class stacked with plenty of QB talent. The Falcons have the No. 4 overall pick and could use that to get the “best player available” possible which could be Oregan’s star offensive tackle, Penei Sewell. And then look to pick No. 10 for a future franchise quarterback like Trey Lance out of North Dakota State. That would kill two birds with one stone on positions Atlanta needs to fill.

And another first-round pick in 2022 could help out as Atlanta starts a complete re-build that could take a couple of seasons and plenty of draft capital.

Trade No. 2

Under Heckman’s trade number two deal, the Falcons deal Chicago Matt Ryan in exchange for cornerback Kyle Fuller, 2021’s first-round pick, and 2022’s second-round pick.

With acquiring one of the best cornerbacks in the league this season and another first-round pick this year…the Falcons would now be killing three birds with one stone.

Fuller, 28, would add some much-needed veteran talent to a Falcons weak defense. He ended the 2020 season with one interception, one forced fumble, and 8 pass breakups with 52 solo tackles. He has been named All-Pro twice in 2019 and again in 2018 along with first-team All-Pro.

The Falcons drafted cornerback AJ Terrell last NFL draft out of Clemson, but he still needs a bit more experience and he likely won’t sprout until his third year like most rookies. Still, he’ll enter 2021 as Atlanta’s top corner. Terrell and Fuller could be a terrifying duo like Fuller
and his teammate Jaylon Johnson and were at the beginning of the 2020 season.

Trade No. 3

Heckman’s third and final deal would have Matt Ryan and Atlanta’s 2021 fourth-round pick headed to Chicago and in return, the Falcons receive Bears’ QB Nick Foles, their 2021 first and third-round pick, and 2022’s first-round pick.

The Falcons will be picking their future QB in this year’s draft, no doubt. But acquiring Foles would give Atlanta the veteran QB mentorship any rookie signal-caller needs. To end the season, Foles completed 65.4 percent of his passes for 1,852 yards, 10 touchdowns, and eight interceptions in seven starts.

The Falcons have Kurt Benkert, but he is still very young and inexperienced so having Foles around to fill take over Matt Schaub’s spot wouldn’t be so bad.

Matt Ryan isn’t a washed-up veteran, he’s going to be costly and while it will be hard to get out of his contract this year, anything seems possible, so let’s keep speculating to keep us entertained until the 2021 season.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

listed below, the exact details of a Matt Ryan trade deal:                                        

Kyle Fuller has a 20 million dollar cap hit. This wouldn't even work in madden.

the Meat Beater 9000! the thread derail to end all thread derails!    no less than the full on HIVE SOP DAP of thread derails!   and I might say, if there was EVER a thread th

2 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

I wouldn't want the Foles deal either, idk what his price tag for 2021 would be, but other than a last choice backup (and he could be a decent backup) i wouldnt want to consider him being our starter under any circumstances 

I would rather trubisky over Foles although I know trubisky is a FA but u get what I'm saying 

1 minute ago, Sipifalcon said:

There is no need to trade Ryan this year just draft the future qb @ 4 if this is the case.  At least will know what we're getting with Ryan.

Yeah, and its probably the best case for the team. But we have to figure out how to get veteran help on defense without making senseless longterm contracts thatll hinder our rebuild.. We need a few one year deals that can add substance to our secondary imo

3 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Yeah, and its probably the best case for the team. But we have to figure out how to get veteran help on defense without making senseless longterm contracts thatll hinder our rebuild.. We need a few one year deals that can add substance to our secondary imo

I agree which is why I wouldn't shed a tear with scenario 1. Or scenario 2 if we could make fullers contract work. If we traded matt someone like Fitzpatrick would be at the top of my list as a bridge qb if he was a free agent with the future qb on the roster behind him. Fitz would be cheap and honestly imo the dude can still play. I'm still tryna figure out why the dolphins benched him when he was making the team better. They would have been playoff bound with Fitz under center.

Edited by Sipifalcon
5 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

irrelevant post 2 hours after the major announcement that Ryan and Julio ain't moving...try this on Madden and have fun

Nothin is irrelevant on a forum board well almost nothing somebody made a race post on here some wks back regarding black coaches or qbs or something like that and it was completely irrelevant. I'm not the OP but nothin wrong with hypotheticals it's the off-season. Ijs 🤷🏿‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I love Matt, but he never was a great outdoor/weather qb. He's just not that kind of qb..

Yea that's not a thing.  This is another one of those Matt Ryan myths that I am not sure where it was born or why, like Matt Ryan sucks in the playoffs, but his stats are comparable or better on the road vs home.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RyanMa00/splits/

9 minutes ago, papachaz said:

listed below, the exact details of a Matt Ryan trade deal:

:tiphat:

/thread. 

2 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

Houston Rockets said Harden wasn't movin' either... What happened? 

You seriously comparing NBA to NFL? NFL isn’t run by dumb folks like NBA. Players lose much more with holding out than the team. Texans can hold Watson for 7 years with out pay if he doesn’t show up. 

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Harden said he was and refused to play. You see Ryan doing that? Didn't think so. Next unrealistic comparison?

What an odd comparison lmao...not only because Harden was disgruntled but also taking into account the fundamental differences in NBA and NFL contracts lol.  Matt Ryan broken a lot of brains this offseason.

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

You seriously comparing NBA to NFL? NFL isn’t run by dumb folks like NBA. Players lose much more with holding out than the team. Texans can hold Watson for 7 years with out pay if he doesn’t show up. 

Umm the nba is actually a better run business than nfl. Football just makes way more money and more popular 

8 minutes ago, athell said:

Yea that's not a thing.  This is another one of those Matt Ryan myths that I am not sure where it was born or why, like Matt Ryan sucks in the playoffs, but his stats are comparable or better on the road vs home.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RyanMa00/splits/

Based on what you provided, his record outdoors is 38-36. For as great of a qb that he is, it's most definitely a thing