• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have at it folks lol

Options->League Settings->Salary Cap off->Start Season Problem solved

Even after this, the dumb will only get dumber. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ROMERO said:

BS yall were slamming the table for them to trade Ryan. Dont back track now. None us said we were against drafting a QB at 4. 

I'll tell you what bro, show me one text where I said we should trade Matt Ryan. I've always said that I feel we should keep Matt Ryan and let our new quarterback sit behind him for a year or two. so I don't know where you getting this trading stuff from. But go search it up and show me where I said that. I'll be waiting

16 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

Like your logic there... Maybe if we're really lucky, by the time he's 42 he'll be the smartest guy in the NFL. Is there an award for that? Who cares if he is less than slow and is arm challenged on certain throws, he'll still be smart as heck... and that still counts for something. 

Is there an award for being the fastest running QB with the strongest arm? Mike Vick ran a 4.3 and could throw it 70 yards. Did he win an award for that? How about the Super Bowl?

It really doesn’t fit to trade him or Julio. It does make sense to either take a HOF player at 4 who can transform a team like Bosa did for the 49ers. Or trade back and accumulate some picks because we are not going to be able to sign starters on free agency due to low cap.

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

No. I am ok with restructuring this year. But no extensions to any one this year. Let it play out in 2021. 

Matt Ryan will have top 5 all-time stats before he retires, and he can play another 6 seasons. I am afraid he will win multiple championships with another team if we let go too soon. 

29 minutes ago, nomak said:

A Smith understands the worth of a franchise QB with Ryan's talents.  Smith knows he can win now with Ryan and Julio in the mix. 

True.  Plus, Matt Ryan is a much better QB than Ryan Tannehill. Grab a couple of running backs this offseason, get the running game going and this offense should be very good in '21

Just now, Jesus said:

Extend! Fowler 4 life!

His PFF grade this year is in the "hide the women and children" range. He had a 49.9. That's "shouldn't be in the league" territory.

That's our fifth-highest paid player, and yet every third thread is to trade Julio or Matt.

1 hour ago, jidady said:

His PFF grade this year is in the "hide the women and children" range. He had a 49.9. That's "shouldn't be in the league" territory.

That's our fifth-highest paid player, and yet every third thread is to trade Julio or Matt.

Shows room for improvement. By year 7 he should in his stride.

5 hours ago, atljbo said:

To me this was never the issue..... The issue to me is if we are going to restructure  Matts contract... If we do he will be here for atleast the next 2 to 3 years (3 if we extend him to create more room) .

If we draft a rookie QB he will count around 6 million in 2021 against our cap and around 7.5 mil in 2022

If we keep Matt at basically 41 mil (no restructure or extension)  and a new QB at 6 mil.... That would be 47 mil spent at just the QB position

Stop trying to hang onto Matt Ryan

5 hours ago, JetJones11 said:

We know this already still drafting a QB at 4 tho 

Makes no sense to do that either.  AS and TF would be setting themselves up for failure by doing that.  

rabid fans waiting for Matt to mess up so they can boo and create a hostile environment for the team.  

media asking every day about the rookie’s progress, and when he’s going to take over.

Arthur Blank getting involved

its just bad for the locker room and puts Arthur Smith’s entire regime under unneeded, intense scrutiny.

In recent memory I don’t know of any top 5 QBs that have ever not played their rookie year.  Number 4 pick is not going to sit.  

6 hours ago, atljbo said:

To me this was never the issue..... The issue to me is if we are going to restructure  Matts contract... If we do he will be here for atleast the next 2 to 3 years (3 if we extend him to create more room) .

If we draft a rookie QB he will count around 6 million in 2021 against our cap and around 7.5 mil in 2022

If we keep Matt at basically 41 mil (no restructure or extension)  and a new QB at 6 mil.... That would be 47 mil spent at just the QB position

Which is exactly why a QB at 4 doesnt make much sense

7 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

Have at it folks lol

Put another way, we ain’t rebuilding folks, we restocking!  We don’t have to suffer another 2 year rebuild program.

This was my hope.

Brees played 6 more seasons that Ryan has, RYAN has another 3 good ones and even in decline years can be an excellent game manager with his cerebral ability and make the plays to get us a Lombardi if he has a freaking team.

50 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Put another way, we ain’t rebuilding folks, we restocking!  We don’t have to suffer another 2 year rebuild program.

This was my hope.

Brees played 6 more seasons that Ryan has, RYAN has another 3 good ones and even in decline years can be an excellent game manager with his cerebral ability and make the plays to get us a Lombardi if he has a freaking team.

Splendid. How do we afford Matt for another five or six years? If we keep paying Matt at the top of the QB market, won't he be in the $42-45m p/yr. range in another couple of years?

How do we manage the cap and pay any of the players who will be needing and expecting their big contracts in two or three years and still be paying him a fair market contract? I haven't seen anybody explain how this is financially feasible.