From NFLN - Ryan and Julio Aint Going Anywhere This Year

36 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

You draft a rookie, you start him to get the first 2-3 years lower cap hit. Most of these guys will be looking for a deal after 2-3 years. 

Thats the point im trying to make ... If we restructure Matt....He will be your QB for atleast the next 2 years.

I laugh because we are here talking about Matt like he is a problem tho... Dude is a top 10 QB in my eyes (closer to 10 then top 3 but still top 10 in my eyes) ... You can win a championship with him if you have a good playcaller... get you a good runner and most def improve this D

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have at it folks lol

Options->League Settings->Salary Cap off->Start Season Problem solved

Even after this, the dumb will only get dumber. 

Posted Images

How is this actually news? Yet some of you are rallying like this is some new info? Literally doing the same thing as what you complained about on the threads with the different flavor.

Any poster that wants a QB at 4 and has 1/2 a brain knows that Ryan will be the starting QB in 2021, don't even think that was really debatable(or really possible). What I personally believe, and think most  who have there eyes on the future believe, that we will get Ryan's replacement this year. 

14 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

How is this actually news? Yet some of you are rallying like this is some new info? Literally doing the same thing as what you complained about on the threads with the different flavor.

Any poster that wants a QB at 4 and has 1/2 a brain knows that Ryan will be the starting QB in 2021, don't even think that was really debatable(or really possible). What I personally believe, and think most  who have there eyes on the future believe, that we will get Ryan's replacement this year. 

Then you clearly haven't been reading the threads, because there has been a ton of talk about trading Ryan.

I have a question, everyone wants us to win the Superbowl next year. But my question is if we win the Superbowl and Matt is a serious MVP candidate or wins it the way he does in 2016 (I know the MVP almost never wins the SB). In that case his value will be very high, but why trade a QB that just won you an SB. So basically they believe in Matt and therefore they will solidify the defense in this draft and not drafter a QB. Otherwise he would have traded Matt and Julio to do a mini rebuild for a year. And have the maximum cap space in 2022. Matt and Julio are going to be Falcons for life, no displeasure to those who don't want it.

28 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Then you clearly haven't been reading the threads, because there has been a ton of talk about trading Ryan.

Yeah, and my post literally said as much. I mean almost verbatim..that would be the the "threads with the different flavor" :).

Yet some of you are rallying like this is some new info? Literally doing the same thing as what you complained about on the threads with the different flavor

Edited by PointSwayzee
4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I don't think Falcons should extend Ryan or Julio or any one this year. 

Depends what it opens up for us. It does kinda close the door for a true heir in this draft, but if they can play aggressive in FA from it, and can get below market value extensions out of them, it’s a risk I’d be willing to take. 

Idk, we’ll see how things play out, but I don’t think TF n co want to sit on their hands because the last regime made a mess. And for all the fun we poke at NO, if they come out of cap ****, even if they have a down year, they are a prime destination for a vacant QB spot once Brees officially call it quits. They kicked their can so far down the road it fell off the flat earth.

6 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

I have a question, everyone wants us to win the Superbowl next year. But my question is if we win the Superbowl and Matt is a serious MVP candidate or wins it the way he does in 2016 (I know the MVP almost never wins the SB). In that case his value will be very high, but why trade a QB that just won you an SB. So basically they believe in Matt and therefore they will solidify the defense in this draft and not drafter a QB. Otherwise he would have traded Matt and Julio to do a mini rebuild for a year. And have the maximum cap space in 2022. Matt and Julio are going to be Falcons for life, no displeasure to those who don't want it.

The cap hits almost make them Falcons for life.  

7 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

just look at the mini drama that has happened with aaron rodgers and the packers. They should absolutely build around Matt this draft. 

Just now, Wjcorner said:

Depends what it opens up for us. It does kinda close the door for a true heir in this draft, but if they can play aggressive in FA from it, and can get below market value extensions out of them, it’s a risk I’d be willing to take. 

Idk, we’ll see how things play out, but I don’t think TF n co want to sit on their hands because the last regime made a mess. And for all the fun we poke at NO, if they come out of cap ****, even if they have a down year, they are a prime destination for a vacant QB spot once Brees officially call it quits. They kicked their can so far down the road it fell off the flat earth.

I don't know, as much I appreciate what Ryan did to this franchise. I want TF and AS to keep options open beyond this year. Yes I am not a big fan of drafting a #4 QB to sit behind but I don't think extending Ryan is a good idea.

9 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

The cap hits almost make them Falcons for life.  

Yes it is true. But nobody can say they suck, it's two HOF. With a real defense and a real good playcaller I'm sure they would have already 1 or 2 SB. Drafting a new QB this year is like changing the engine of your car when it doesn't have a wheel. 

10 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I don't know, as much I appreciate what Ryan did to this franchise. I want TF and AS to keep options open beyond this year. Yes I am not a big fan of drafting a #4 QB to sit behind but I don't think extending Ryan is a good idea.

Agree.  If he performs well, you can extend him next season or just re-sign him his FA year.  Extending him now binds us too much for the future.  If he's balling out, you draft your next QB and extend Ryan after this season or next.  If he's not, you aren't paying a non-producing player a bunch of money to be bad (or worse, not be on the team).

14 minutes ago, Drvillain said:

just look at the mini drama that has happened with aaron rodgers and the packers. They should absolutely build around Matt this draft. 

Totally agree with you. And a franchise should always be built around your QB but without forgetting defense. Our defense is 2-3 players away from being elite now that it has a very good DC. And offensively good RB a good duo as in 2016 and strengthening the O-Line a LG and a C would be enough to strengthen it. 

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

Agree.  If he performs well, you can extend him next season or just re-sign him his FA year.  Extending him now binds us too much for the future.  If he's balling out, you draft your next QB and extend Ryan after this season or next.  If he's not, you aren't paying a non-producing player a bunch of money to be bad (or worse, not be on the team).

Exactly, it doesn't have to be extreme in either directions. Focus on winning with what can be done this year. Don't risk too much of future this year in high draft capital or future cap hit.

1 hour ago, ROMERO said:

Cry a river Ryan haters. Falcons are not dumb. BuT tHiS tRaDe WoRkEd In MaDdEn.... I dont care. Ryan and Julio going to be here for this season. 

Agreed ... all this talk about trading a qb that passes for 4500 yrds a year and the best reciever in football (when he wants to be) is ludicrous...

10 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

Yes it is true. But nobody can say they suck, it's two HOF. With a real defense and a real good playcaller I'm sure they would have already 1 or 2 SB. Drafting a new QB this year is like changing the engine of your car when it doesn't have a wheel. 

What if the engine has a s**tload of miles and starting to reach the point of no return? The wheel might not be too hard to fix with Pees.;)

Man oh man it feels like this is a Ryan message board instead of a Falcons one at times.

The teams with QBs on the same level of Ryan with Rivers and Stafford eventually decided to move on because they were tired of the losing. 

The future looks very bright in LA and Detroit just robbed the Rams for all those picks.