Jump to content

Jaycee Horn my favorite CB in the draft


Recommended Posts

I have absolutely no problem with Horn. We need 2 top flight CBs and he or Surtain would be great fits opposite AJ.

As for all this grabbing business, you guys know good and well that every CB in the league grabs all day long when they can get away with it. It's just that some are more subtle than others. 

Then there's poor Rocky. His situation reminds me of when I was a kid and my brothers and sisters would get punished randomly. We decided our parents just assumed with 5 of us, we had to have done something wrong recently, so they'd just throw the flag from time to time, so to speak. 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

If he is related to Joe Horn count me out (F**k the saints/swampers/rat-faced-boy) but if he isn't we'll take a look see. 

I actually love Joe Horn. Without him, Roddy probably isn't the Falcons legend that he became.

And yeah, Jaycee is probably my CB2. Gets the edge over Farley due to Farley's injury issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Funny how a few weeks ago this was an offensive heavy draft that would be a waste to take a defensive player high. Now all these defensive players are showing out everyone seems to be changing there perspective.

To a certain extent you're right but I think a lot of it is because of how stratified the offensive side is. Pretty much everyone thinks Chase is #1 WR, Pitts is #1 TE, Sewell is #1 OL, and Slater is #2 OL. It's really easy to continue mocking those players in the top 10 because you're not picking any other offensive position players before them.

The defensive players just haven't really been sorted out other than most people think Parsons is #1 LB. There are as many as 3-4 CBs who could all be first pick at the position. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

To a certain extent you're right but I think a lot of it is because of how stratified the offensive side is. Pretty much everyone thinks Chase is #1 WR, Pitts is #1 TE, Sewell is #1 OL, and Slater is #2 OL. It's really easy to continue mocking those players in the top 10 because you're not picking any other offensive position players before them.

The defensive players just haven't really been sorted out other than most people think Parsons is #1 LB. There are as many as 3-4 CBs who could all be first pick at the position. 

Yeah, this is where a lack of a a combine comes into play. There just isn't a definite #1 or any real surprises. I wonder how this draft is going to shake out down the road. Either extremely underrated or extremely over rated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Yeah, this is where a lack of a a combine comes into play. There just isn't a definite #1 or any real surprises. I wonder how this draft is going to shake out down the road. Either extremely underrated or extremely over rated.

CB is historically a tough position to figure out the #1 player. Off the top of my head Stephon Gilmore went #2 after the much more hyped #1 Morris Claiborne in 2012, TreDavious White was the #5 CB in 2017 after Adoree Jackson and Gareon Conley among others, and while Jaire Alexander was probably correctly #2 CB behind Denzel Ward in 2018 he shouldn't have lasted until pick #18. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I actually love Joe Horn. Without him, Roddy probably isn't the Falcons legend that he became.

And yeah, Jaycee is probably my CB2. Gets the edge over Farley due to Farley's injury issues.

I think people haven't adapted to the Farley news enough. He just had back surgery. He's scrambling to stay in round one at this point. There's no doubt in my mind that Horn has passed him.

This turn of events either hurts or helps the Falcons, depending on perspective. If we pick in the teens, Horn becomes viable. Otherwise, he's unlikely to fall to a spot we could consider him. However, Farley might be there early in the second round if we're comfortable with him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2021 at 10:26 AM, Francis York Morgan said:

Depends on the team he goes to imho. Just look at Lattimore, dude's game was really similar coming out but he gets away with it.

Side note, Lattimore's gotten a ton worse since coming into the league. Bought his own hype.

Hes always using the trail technique so his hands are ALWAYS on the wr.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2021 at 10:26 AM, Francis York Morgan said:

Depends on the team he goes to imho. Just look at Lattimore, dude's game was really similar coming out but he gets away with it.

Side note, Lattimore's gotten a ton worse since coming into the league. Bought his own hype.

I personally think Horn will be the better pro.

Folks in here give Oliver crapola.... Lattimore’s no better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would prefer Horn over Surtain. Horn is more fluid with change of direction. Someone like Ridley will eat Surtain alive unless he is grabbing. Love Surtains physicality but Horn has that as well. 
 

Dream scenario is trading with Patriots or Chicago and drafting Horn. Then using some of that draft capital to trade up an get Rousseau. 
 

Since I’m dreaming anyway....pick up a combination of safety, DT, and RB with the next couple of picks. I say Richard LeCounte S, Alim McNiel DT, and Kylin Hill RB.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...