• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I mean I won't rip my TV off the wall and chuck it in the backyard if we draft him. He's no where near my first choice but he's certainly worth a 1st round pick. Years ago when my son was small T

I think Devonta Smith is better at this point. Would rather have 3 bama WR's if we're going WR.

Chase is a beast. The year off made some forget how special he was in 2019.

On 2/1/2021 at 1:58 PM, g-dawg said:

Harry Douglas had very limited upside - still a good draft pick.   Gage has really performed well.    Matt has enough weapons even w/o Julio - if we cannot win with Ridley, Gage, Hurst, Zacheus and Blake - then we have other problems as those weapons are better than league average.

Matt lost down the stretch without Julio in very winnable games.

Hurst disappears for stretches, Blake is a 5th WR and OZ can only run one route.

Just now, stizz said:

Matt lost down the stretch without Julio in very winnable games.

Hurst disappears for stretches, Blake is a 5th WR and OZ can only run one route.

Matt has had uber elite weapons his whole career - better than 100% of other teams for most of his career - the only team currently w/ better weapons is Tampa.    The weapons are good enough w/ a QB that can make plays. 

41 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

but we have no clue who is rated high on their board they might not even have Chase high on their board

I can say with a high level of confidence that Ja'Marr Chase will be in the top 10 on every NFL Draft board. He was the best WR on a team that had Justin Jefferson on it.

JJ just had the second-highest grade of any WR on PFF and broke the Super Bowl era record for receiving yards as a rookie.

Chase is more likely to be #1 on some boards than not in the top 10.

If Chase is there when we pick, we probably are going to get at least one offer from a contender or pseudo-contender trying to knock our socks off. Any of the quarterbacks aside from Lawrence may or may not drop, but every team that generally thinks it's close will at least consider trading up for someone like Chase, because they're all looking at what they can try to do to get on Kansas City's level in the short-term and long-term. There's really no way to anticipate what Fontenot's going to do there.

1 hour ago, Serge said:

If Chase is there when we pick, we probably are going to get at least one offer from a contender or pseudo-contender trying to knock our socks off. Any of the quarterbacks aside from Lawrence may or may not drop, but every team that generally thinks it's close will at least consider trading up for someone like Chase, because they're all looking at what they can try to do to get on Kansas City's level in the short-term and long-term. There's really no way to anticipate what Fontenot's going to do there.

If not, I can't see the Bengals not wanting to reunite him with Burrow... esp with AJ Green as a free agent now

I started my first round YouTube research this week. So far I would say Chase could be in my BPA group at the four spot with Sewell, Slater, Wilson, Fields, Micah and Surtain. Two of them will likely be gone. Five should be available. Take the BPA even at QB or WR, or trade down with someone like DEN, NYG or SF.

We have 43 days to free agency. Create cap space, fill the gaping holes with NFL vets (FS, DL, OG). Then get ready for the draft which is 43 days after FA. Draft BPAs, not to fill holes or scheme fits. The current scheme could be gone in three years which is usually when most picks start to get it. Draft for the future.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I started my first round YouTube research this week. So far I would say Chase could be in my BPA group at the four spot with Sewell, Slater, Wilson, Fields, Micah and Surtain. Two of them will likely be gone. Five should be available. Take the BPA even at QB or WR, or trade down with someone like DEN, NYG or SF.

We have 43 days to free agency. Create cap space, fill the gaping holes with NFL vets (FS, DL, OG). Then get ready for the draft which is 43 days after FA. Draft BPAs, not to fill holes or scheme fits. The current scheme could be gone in three years which is usually when most picks start to get it. Draft for the future.

I was watching a lot of Fields tape yesterday and can't say I was overly impressed. Not many 2nd or 3rd looks, staring his receivers down. I just don't see the hype there

40 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I was watching a lot of Fields tape yesterday and can't say I was overly impressed. Not many 2nd or 3rd looks, staring his receivers down. I just don't see the hype there

He was even worse at Georgia. Definitely improved at OSU though. His arrow is pointing northward. Will likely go in the Top 10 of the 2021 National Football League Draft on April 29th. Could possibly have a higher ceiling than any QB in this draft. He could bust but I seriously doubt it.

We could park him for a year or two while we clear Ryan's Troff Cap off the books. Many here don't like him. Could be the reads, maybe the UGA hate, but hopefully not any silly race stuff. If we take him he could turn em all around in a hurry. I think he will eventually be a high level NFL QB.