Jump to content

Hawks February Games Thread


GEORGIAfan
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, slamee101 said:

So do we think LP finishes the season?

I'd rather us cut our losses and roll with NM for the rest of the season. It gives us a shot to evaluate him and see what else he can do with our squad. From the games he's coached us, his rotations and overall game management has been better than LP's.

Once the season is done and we've seen what we can out of NM, we could maybe look into signing someone like D'Antoni. If anyone can get the most out of Trae and this offense, it's him. And for the people who will preach about us needing defense and not offense after reading that- D'Antoni reached the playoffs so many times and got the most out of James Harden. We might as well go all in on Trae's offense and forget about his defense because there's no fixing that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Libid21 said:

I'd rather us cut our losses and roll with NM for the rest of the season. It gives us a shot to evaluate him and see what else he can do with our squad. From the games he's coached us, his rotations and overall game management has been better than LP's.

Once the season is done and we've seen what we can out of NM, we could maybe look into signing someone like D'Antoni. If anyone can get the most out of Trae and this offense, it's him. And for the people who will preach about us needing defense and not offense after reading that- D'Antoni reached the playoffs so many times and got the most out of James Harden. We might as well go all in on Trae's offense and forget about his defense because there's no fixing that.

I agree bro. And I aint no Dantoni fan. Anything would be better than Lloyd's no defensive coaching as though. His post game conferences alone are starting to piss me off. Bubbly when Trae and Gallo drop 35 and squeak out a win. Snarky as hail on every other night. Anybody hear him the night he listed 50 ways to play better defense? We haven't played jack since then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

March will be brutal. We will not win ANY games if he does not coach well during this stretch. This will be a tough test for him. If he can win at least six or seven games in March, not only do I think he will finish the season but he will have shown the HE can make a difference for a team that is trying to win. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

This man really thinks he’s doing a fantastic job!  I haven’t heard this guy admit he needs to do better as well.

 

I want LP to take ownership if his lineup snafus, mismanaged rotationd, foul call challenges etc.

Guys missing WIDE open shots, not communicating on defense, skow rotations, not playing with a sense of urgency and lack of high level execution is on the players.

There's enough blame to go around.

Edited by jayu70
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our main problem right now is with Hunter and Reddish out, we have ZERO defense from the point of attack against these quick guards. We are depending on Snell and Solo who, going into the season I had pegged at 10-12 minute guys. They are playing double those minutes. They are mid post and in defenders against SF/PFs. Then LP compounds our lack of perimeter defense by playing Gallo at Center.  SMH.

At this point just play Bruno and Okongwu at Center with Gallo at the 4 and live with the results. Keep Gallo strictly at the 4 alongside as much as Capela as possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, jayu70 said:

I want LP to take ownership if his lineup snafus, mismanaged rotationd, foul call challenges etc.

Guys missing WIDE open shots, not communicating on defense, skow rotations, not playing with a sense of urgency and lack of high level execution is on the players.

There's enough blame to go around.

Totally agree!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, jayu70 said:

Our main problem right now is with Hunter and Reddish out, we have ZERO defense from the point of attack against these quick guards. We are depending on Snell and Solo who, going into the season I had pegged at 10-12 minute guys. They are playing double those minutes. They are mid post and in defenders against SF/PFs. Then LP compounds our lack of perimeter defense by playing Gallo at Center.  SMH.

At this point just play Bruno and Okongwu at Center with Gallo at the 4 and live with the results. Keep Gallo strictly at the 4 alongside as much as Capela as possible.

That’s what puzzles me about his comment about defensive physicality. He should be aware who his best defenders are and place them accordingly.  Hunter and Reddish along with Capela make this team good on defense.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First you have to have consistent three point shooters and how about drawing up some offensive plays to attack the heat’s defense.  Of course they are going to allow a team to shoot behind the arc when they aren’t efficient doing it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...