Hawks February Games Thread

GEORGIAfan

19 hours ago, therawest said:

If we can get to a rotation where we have bogi, galanari, rondo, Huerter, dunn and okungwu coming off the bench in rhythm it will be amazing.   

We normally roll with a 9 man rotation. OO is just the odd man out this year. It sucks because he is the 6th pick and we don't really have practices, but we are gunning for the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, GEORGIAfan said:

We normally roll with a 9 man rotation. OO is just the odd man out this year. It sucks because he is the 6th pick and we don't really have practices, but we are gunning for the playoffs. 

Agreed but at some point we have to be able to get OO more minutes especially if Capella needs a break or foul trouble.  Definitely a unique situation but his defensive upside is very intriguing!!

24 minutes ago, thofin21 said:

OO is in need of more minuets this is the only way he will ever improve and contribute . If he is healthy he needs to play at least 15 minutes a game. My 2 cents. 

i want OO to get minutes and think it would be better for him to get minutes over Bruno, but coaching staff is fighting for their jobs. Cannot fault them for making the smart right now move over the smarter move for the future. Maybe if we do well enough, that will change in the 2nd half. 

I like Bruno as a strong athletic big but he is limited on offence and his basketball IQ is a work in progress . With the covid restrictions and injuries we are getting almost nothing from the 6th pick in the draft. I agree the coaching staff must be concerned with self preservation but it pains me to see a young player with a lot of potential riding the bench.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Cam Reddish is completely lost in the offense the last few weeks.  He misses the help/coaching of Vince Carter

It's starting to concern me. It seems mental. He's just not playing aggressive. Then when he misses a shot or turns the ball over he sulks and gets listless. Hopefully he can snap out of the funk.

I’m still high on Cam but he’s not being incorporated into the offensive game plan.  When he gets his limited opportunities if he does miss a shot or two his confidence definitely suffers.  We have a lot of guys that can score so I think LP needs to find a way to feature all these guys which I think makes them more difficult to defend!  Turnovers are a big concern and not sure if it’s lack of concentration or complacency.