So it’s out of the question to get rid of Matt Ryan but its OK to trade Julio Jones?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol. It is much worse trading Julio. Ryan 40 M dead cap, Julio 45 M dead cap.  Both of them aren’t going anywhere this year. Stop throwing tantrums for either of the players.

Ryan isn't very good, but alot of fans here have made a career out of defending Ryan so actually admitting Ryan is bad will have to mean they come to terms the majority of thier lives was living a lie

You gotta love the emotional threads, based in little to no facts to support them. 

2 hours ago, egoprime II said:

The reason some here want Julio traded, is because 30-plus WRs don't age well.   Fans want to see a return on aging players, plus WRs have been relatively easy to find compared to QBs, right?  

Thing that gets me, is....other teams see the same things, know the same things, that -we- do.   But for some reason our fans look at our players,  and think they are Worth So Much.........  Fact is, if a player has value, then that player is worth keeping.   

It doesn't help that the Falcons do not have a reputation for being 'smarter than the other teams'.... more like the opposite?    Like....has TD found a job, yet?   I believe he interiewed for one.....

obviously us wanting it to happen or not happen doesn't mean jack ****, same as the draft a QB discussion 😆

13 hours ago, jj00100 said:

It seems like in here people think it’s ludicrous to let go of MR..which is fine, they can have their reasoning, but HEY..everyone is on the train to trade JJ while we can get something for him. JJ is expendable but MR isn’t.  THAT is the vibe I’m getting on this thread but I’m sorry, I would rather have JJ all day long then seeing MR next season. I am telling you folks that every team in our division has figured out how to play against MR.  Like Matt Damon said in the movie Rounders...
“If you can’t spot the sucker in the first 30 mins, U R THE SUCKER!”  

I've been pretty away from the boards for the last couple days...but I don't think the majority of Falcons fans think trading Ryan is "off-limits." In fact, I think most Falcons fans would probably be on board if the Falcons got something similar to what the Lions got for Stafford.

I think what most Falcons fans do NOT want is to keep Ryan AND draft a quarterback in the top 5 who will sit on the bench for 2, possibly 3 seasons. THAT would be such a waste. I want to keep Ryan and draft a QB in later rounds or potentially next year. 

That being said, if Font and Smith believe Fields is the guy, and they want to trade Ryan now? I'd support it. I just strongly disagree with the small percentage of fans who feel that taking a QB is what the falcons MUST do with the 4th overall pick. 

36 minutes ago, Romfal said:

obviously us wanting it to happen or not happen doesn't mean jack ****, same as the draft a QB discussion 😆

No it doesn't and it shouldn't.   I've always felt these boards were here to give fans a place to congregate and vent.  However....the Falcons would be foolish not to at least take a look in here once in awhile, to see what fans are saying.

I'll tell you a story though....remember when, years ago after TD was hired, that one media guy held live chats with us on Saturday mornings?  Not Jay Adams, the guy before him.  I asked him once in chat:   "These mock drafts us fans do....are they ever noticed by anyone at Flowery Branch?"

The media guy responded with something like, "Oh yeah, the scouts see them all the time.   The even talk about thier favorite fan mocks".   True story...

And I always found it interesting, fans used to talk about obtaining that WR, Leslie, from Denver....and getting rid of Duckett.  Then one off-sason?  That's exactly what Rich McKay -did-.   Another true story.

Maybe you should post more often, Romfall,... you might end up running the Falcons thru the message boards!

2 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

No it doesn't and it shouldn't.   I've always felt these boards were here to give fans a place to congregate and vent.  However....the Falcons would be foolish not to at least take a look in here once in awhile, to see what fans are saying.

I'll tell you a story though....remember when, years ago after TD was hired, that one media guy held live chats with us on Saturday mornings?  Not Jay Adams, the guy before him.  I asked him once in chat:   "These mock drafts us fans do....are they ever noticed by anyone at Flowery Branch?"

The media guy responded with something like, "Oh yeah, the scouts see them all the time.   The even talk about thier favorite fan mocks".   True story...

And I always found it interesting, fans used to talk about obtaining that WR, Leslie, from Denver....and getting rid of Duckett.  Then one off-sason?  That's exactly what Rich McKay -did-.   Another true story.

Maybe you should post more often, Romfall,... you might end up running the Falcons thru the message boards!

I do remember that.  A couple years back (like a decade) I was convinced a player posted here.  I want to say we thought it was Pelle.  I'd love to see Roddy come in here and talk it up.  

1 minute ago, Herr Doktor said:

I do remember that.  A couple years back (like a decade) I was convinced a player posted here.  I want to say we thought it was Pelle.  I'd love to see Roddy come in here and talk it up.  

I may be wrong.... but it seems Twitter has overrun the chat room market.   Celebrities even post there.

Me, I never did post on Twitter, and now that Twitter has chosen the path they  are on....I look forward to seeing it die off.  Soon I hope.

3 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

I may be wrong.... but it seems Twitter has overrun the chat room market.   Celebrities even post there.

Me, I never did post on Twitter, and now that Twitter has chosen the path they  are on....I look forward to seeing it die off.  Soon I hope.

Me to brother.  Twitter is a two edged razor.  It can open up great pathways to communicate, and become very dangerous when it decides who can share and when and how to say it.  It gives voice to the small and large alike.  And gives people the idea that their opinions mean so very much, even if its just opinion.

15 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Me to brother.  Twitter is a two edged razor.  It can open up great pathways to communicate, and become very dangerous when it decides who can share and when and how to say it.  It gives voice to the small and large alike.  And gives people the idea that their opinions mean so very much, even if its just opinion.

Thing is....Twitter does not do one thing that another chat website, couldn't do.   They act like they are, and will be, the only game in town.   Here is the truly terrifying news.... they might get the political support to be -exactly- that.   Look out for if our politicians start passing laws to protect them, and Facebook...

Twitter is taking sides, it has an agenda.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out a foreign country is bankrolling them.   I have more to say, but ... like the man says ... "I'll leave it there".

If you are like minded, power to you, my man.

Edited by egoprime II
7 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

Thing is....Twitter does not do one thing that another chat website, couldn't do.   They act like they are, and will be, the only game in town.   Here is the truly terrifying news.... they might get the political support to be -exactly- that.   Look out for if our politicians start passing laws to protect them, and Facebook...

Twitter is taking sides, it has an agenda.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out a foreign country is bankrolling them.   I have more to say, but ... like the man says ... "I'll leave it there".

If you are like minded, power to you, my man.

Very much so.  An alternative was already effectively killed.  Scary to have total control of thought in that space.  

Scary times brother.  Let's say I'm not a fan of the current Zeitgeist.

Both are good players, With their contracts, neither player is going anywhere. 

Most people really don't want either gone ,but you do have the Ryan haters. Most of the people who wanted to trade Julio, wanted him traded before we extended him, but some don't realize we are stuck with him now. No one really hates Julio. The only reason people want Julio traded is because we are paying him way to much money, he has stayed banged up way to much, and they just see the writing on the wall. Really most don't want one traded more than the other. 

9 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Apparently you have a hard time deciphering "bad". Saying MR is "bad", tells me you don't know what "bad" truly is.  Byron Leftwich, Joey Harrington, etc. That is "bad". 

Most GM's would give their left nut to have a MR. I'll go a step further. When TD drafted MR, he hit a HOME RUN!

Alot will be determined about Ryan this season.. If he has any resemblance of the 16 season ill gladly shutup about him and eat it.. But I already know if he has any basement year the majority here will say its a new OC ect.. But the majority of fans will know the truth, thats what matters really.. But fingers crossed Ryan sets the league on fire

21 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I've been pretty away from the boards for the last couple days...but I don't think the majority of Falcons fans think trading Ryan is "off-limits." In fact, I think most Falcons fans would probably be on board if the Falcons got something similar to what the Lions got for Stafford.

I think what most Falcons fans do NOT want is to keep Ryan AND draft a quarterback in the top 5 who will sit on the bench for 2, possibly 3 seasons. THAT would be such a waste. I want to keep Ryan and draft a QB in later rounds or potentially next year. 

That being said, if Font and Smith believe Fields is the guy, and they want to trade Ryan now? I'd support it. I just strongly disagree with the small percentage of fans who feel that taking a QB is what the falcons MUST do with the 4th overall pick. 

I'd say that right now, trading Ryan is off limits. If anything, the Falcons would have to offer something similar to what the Rams did to get the other team to absorb Ryan's cap hit. Are the Falcons desperate to get rid of Ryan? I don't think so, nor should they be. But any GM worth their salt will try to exploit that situation similar to what Brad Holmes did with the Lions because the onus is on the Falcons to resolve Ryan's cap hit (which if I understand it correctly, the Falcons still won't be completely off the hook). Therefore, I'd say the Falcons are better off holding to Ryan (and Julio for that matter) and see what they can get for the 4th pick.

On 2/1/2021 at 2:33 AM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Bro look at the leading receivers on the last ten championship teams. A bunch of mid level WRs and a few high level TEs. Tyreek wasn't even the Chiefs leading receiver on their championship team. Kelce was. A TE.

I would agree however Julio's phenomenal catch in 2016 should have sealed the deal, not a lot of coaching staffs blow that setup. **** I know if you were the HC and PMF was the OC in Houston that day the Falcons would have their trophy.