So it’s out of the question to get rid of Matt Ryan but its OK to trade Julio Jones?

It seems like in here people think it’s ludicrous to let go of MR..which is fine, they can have their reasoning, but HEY..everyone is on the train to trade JJ while we can get something for him. JJ is expendable but MR isn’t.  THAT is the vibe I’m getting on this thread but I’m sorry, I would rather have JJ all day long then seeing MR next season. I am telling you folks that every team in our division has figured out how to play against MR.  Like Matt Damon said in the movie Rounders...
“If you can’t spot the sucker in the first 30 mins, U R THE SUCKER!”  

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol. It is much worse trading Julio. Ryan 40 M dead cap, Julio 45 M dead cap.  Both of them aren’t going anywhere this year. Stop throwing tantrums for either of the players.

Ryan isn't very good, but alot of fans here have made a career out of defending Ryan so actually admitting Ryan is bad will have to mean they come to terms the majority of thier lives was living a lie

You gotta love the emotional threads, based in little to no facts to support them. 

5 minutes ago, jj00100 said:

It seems like in here people think it’s ludicrous to let go of MR..which is fine, they can have their reasoning, but HEY..everyone is on the train to trade JJ while we can get something for him. JJ is expendable but MR isn’t.  THAT is the vibe I’m getting on this thread but I’m sorry, I would rather have JJ all day long then seeing MR next season. I am telling you folks that every team in our division has figured out how to play against MR.  Like Matt Damon said in the movie Rounders...

:yikes::munch:

Don’t think either one is going anywhere this year. 

But for fun, Jones is very good and in demand but is he able to stay healthy all season?  And Ridley is a breakout star and Gage is also good, we aren’t tied to a WR. All I’m saying is the immediate impact of Julio being off the field is minimal, not zero, but not requiring a total over of the offense. If Ryan were traded that would require OR be the result of a total system change.  

I Have my opinions on Ryan but I also understand the contrary opinions. I think they both are here next year. But trading Jones is the least disruptive of the 2 this season. My opinion. But the economics don’t seem feasible either way so it’s moot. 

1 hour ago, jj00100 said:

Julio’s cap hit is high and WRs are not the key to Lombardies in this era. The sooner TATF learns this the better off we’ll all be.

16 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Julio’s cap hit is high and WRs are not the key to Lombardies in this era. The sooner TATF learns this the better off we’ll all be.

I wouldn't say that WRs aren't key to winning SBs in this era.

Tyreek Hill is huge for what the Chiefs do offensively. Travis Kelce is the best receiving TE in the league.

I agree that Julio about to be 32 years old and not being able to stay health is not a good problem to have based on what he's getting paid and how high his cap hit is.

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I wouldn't say that WRs aren't key to winning SBs in this era.

Tyreek Hill is huge for what the Chiefs do offensively. Travis Kelce is the best receiving TE in the league.

I agree that Julio about to be 32 years old and not being able to stay health is not a good problem to have based on what he's getting paid and how high his cap hit is.

Bro look at the leading receivers on the last ten championship teams. A bunch of mid level WRs and a few high level TEs. Tyreek wasn't even the Chiefs leading receiver on their championship team. Kelce was. A TE.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Bro look at the leading receivers on the last ten championship teams. A bunch of mid level WRs and a few high level TEs. Tyreek wasn't even the Chiefs leading receiver on their championship team. Kelce was. A TE.

Tyreek Hill was still a huge part of the Chiefs SB run last season, he was a Pro Bowl WR last season and a All-Pro WR just the season before. Even more so one of reasons why the Chiefs are back in the SB this season.

Hill has 15 receiving tds and 1,276 receiving yards this season. Hill was statistically a top 5 WR this season, possibly even top 3. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets another All-Pro nod as he gets a chance to get back 2 back SBs.

As for the last 10 SB winners, a good bit of them still had really good talent at WR.

2009 Saints - Marquis Colston was no slouch with almost 10,000 career receiving yards and 72 career tds. Had 1,074 receiving yards and 9 receiving tds that season. Saints also had one of the best WR groups that season.

2010 Packers - Greg Jennings was a Pro Bowl WR. Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, and James Jones was one of the best WR groups in the NFL.

2011 Giants - Victor Cruz was an All-Pro WR that Season.

2015 Broncos - Demaryius Thomas was a 2-time All-Pro and 5-time Pro Bowler up to that point. Emmanuel Sanders was also a Pro Bowler.

2017 Eagles - Alshon Jeffery was pretty good that season.

2019 Chiefs - Tyreek Hill was a Pro Bowler and already an All-Pro calibur WR. The Chiefs had one of the best group of WRs in the NFL.

43 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Meanwhile there are like 4-5 threads on page one (not counting this one) with the premise of trading Matt Ryan and drafting his replacement...yeah the whole board wants to trade JJ but not Ryan :doh:

Ironically they are from posters who rarely post or have a history of pushing an agenda. Once they start coming from established posters I'll start giving real thought out opinions. 

3 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Tyreek Hill was still a huge part of the Chiefs SB run last season, he was a Pro Bowl WR last season and a All-Pro WR just the season before. Even more so one of reasons why the Chiefs are back in the SB this season.

Hill has 15 receiving tds and 1,276 receiving yards this season. Hill was statistically a top 5 WR this season, possibly even top 3. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets another All-Pro nod as he gets a chance to get back 2 back SBs.

As for the last 10 SB winners, a good bit of them still had really good talent at WR.

2009 Saints - Marquis Colston was no slouch with almost 10,000 career receiving yards and 72 career tds. Had 1,074 receiving yards and 9 receiving tds that season. Saints also had one of the best WR groups that season.

2010 Packers - Greg Jennings was a Pro Bowl WR. Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, and James Jones was one of the best WR groups in the NFL.

2011 Giants - Victor Cruz was an All-Pro WR that Season.

2015 Broncos - Demaryius Thomas was a 2-time All-Pro and 5-time Pro Bowler up to that point. Emmanuel Sanders was also a Pro Bowler.

2017 Eagles - Alshon Jeffery was pretty good that season.

2019 Chiefs - Tyreek Hill was a Pro Bowler and already an All-Pro calibur WR. The Chiefs had one of the best group of WRs in the NFL.

So you're putting Julio in the class with those WRs? After we spent five picks and $168M on him? None of them was as ornamental. Oh and Tyreek still wasn't the leading receiver on his team. A TE was. LMAO.

7 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Ryan isn't very good, but alot of fans here have made a career out of defending Ryan so actually admitting Ryan is bad will have to mean they come to terms the majority of thier lives was living a lie.. 

top 10 career all-time nfl passing....naw, he’s not good at all. 

8 hours ago, jj00100 said:

***I am telling you folks that every team in our division has figured out how to play against MR.***

It's not that hard.  The defensive players only have to look for the player where all of the pigeons have landed... That statue would be MR. 

25 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

So you're putting Julio in the class with those WRs? After we spent five picks and $168M on him? None of them was as ornamental. Oh and Tyreek still wasn't the leading receiver on his team. A TE was. LMAO.

What does spending 5 draft picks and $168 mil has to do with it?

You said this:

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

And......

6 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Those weren't mid-level WRs I listed.

So what that Tyreek Hill wasn't leading the Chiefs in receiving in 2019. Did you forget that he missed 4 games and still had 860 receiving yards, 7 receiving tds, and 8 rushing tds?

The big play where Mahomes hit Hill wide open deep downfield was the play that started the come from behind rally of the Chiefs in last year's SB.

Hill was still a Pro Bowl WR in 2019 on a SB championship team.

Last time I checked Julio is a WR, not an ornament. Just showed that WRs also can play a key role in winning a SB and have done so within the last 10 years.