Falcons Part Ways With Salary Cap Manager Nick Polk

Falcons part ways with Nick Polk

The ongoing changes in Atlanta have claimed a long-time employee of the team.

Director of football operations Nick Polk, who has been with the franchise for 18 seasons, has been let go, per a source with knowledge of the situation.

Polk handled contract negotiations, salary-cap management, and compliance with labor issues. Earlier this month, he was a candidate for the G.M. job in Washington.

Polk had close ties to team president Rich McKay, but the arrival of Terry Fontenot as the G.M. obviously has brought that relationship to an end.

Polk served as director of football operations for 13 seasons with the Falcons.

11 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Fonty needs to interview some TATF cap guys. I vote for @capologistbut will gladly take the job if he declines. We've been at the bottom of the league in cap space the last six years and are facing disaster in 2021. Just dropped Polk off at THE LINE.

The Saints have been in worse shape then us, so lets hope he doesn't follow that same path. 

13 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

The Saints have been in worse shape then us, so lets hope he doesn't follow that same path. 

I used to think this, but the Saints keep on trucking.  Judgement day will come, but I think they just don't give a collective **** about it.  They drafted smart, they were smart with FA, they have continuity with coaching and scheme.  We've lacked that.  I dont think Fontenot is scared of the cap issues.  I also think its really blown out of proportion.  I know little of accounting, but I know good accountants practice a Black Art and can work within the parameters of the regulations in creative ways.  Loomis is the king of creative.  

26 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I used to think this, but the Saints keep on trucking.  Judgement day will come, but I think they just don't give a collective **** about it.  They drafted smart, they were smart with FA, they have continuity with coaching and scheme.  We've lacked that.  I dont think Fontenot is scared of the cap issues.  I also think its really blown out of proportion.  I know little of accounting, but I know good accountants practice a Black Art and can work within the parameters of the regulations in creative ways.  Loomis is the king of creative.  

No I agree we will be fine, but they say the Saints are not sitting well right now and will have to make some tough calls this offseason. We can work with the cap I really don't think its a huge deal.

56 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

I hope he does the same. They have supposedly been in bad cap for years. Yet they plugged the pieces with players they wanted and won division from 2017-2020. I will take 4 chances to win a SB over sitting on the couch in January. One bad season every few years to win or a chance to win a SB is no big deal 

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I hope he does the same. They have supposedly in bad cap for years. Yet they plugged the pieces with players they wanted and won division from 2017-2020. I will take 4 chances to win a SB over sitting on the couch in January. One bad season every few years to win or a chance to win a SB is no big deal 

I agree, but see my above post.

12 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Fonty needs to interview some TATF cap guys. I vote for @capologistbut will gladly take the job if he declines. We've been at the bottom of the league in cap space the last six years and are facing disaster in 2021. Just dropped Polk off at THE LINE.

lemme get the change purse and see if we've collected enough funds to reimburse your gas expense.....

:tiphat: