Jump to content

I have not seen this guy play but I have heard several scouts say he will be a steal


Recommended Posts

Davis Mills, QB from Stanford. 6’4” 212 lbs from Duluth Georgia. Went to Greater Atlanta Christian. Gotta admit I had never heard of the guy before I heard several scouts this week saying he may be one of the steals of the draft. I have never seen him play and the only thing I know about him is what I heard scouts quoted as saying about him on the radio. Anybody got any insight on him one way or the other?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every kid coming out of college has a learning curve, mechanics to improve and an overall adjustment to the speed and ferocity of the NFL.  Most of them will have been star athletes their whole lives, and the best of the best.  The ones who make it are the ones with enough tools, and the strength/discipline between their ears to excel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at the draft profiles and the videos posted above, he strikes me as a solid developmental backup that in a best case scenario could end up being a starter for a couple of years.  Matt Schaub ceiling.

Unfortunately, practice squad/washout floor.  I'd take him late, but I wouldn't be looking at him as a must get guy by any means.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I know nothing of this kid at all, do you have any decent links to his history?  He seems to be an enigma.

Doktor,

I went to Stanford and I watch all Stanford games. I don't have that discuss his injury. He was injured lots of time. He did broke passing records for the college. You need to understand, Stanford is not football craze like SEC schools are.

here is one

https://www.ruleoftree.com/2021/1/3/22211532/stanford-football-davis-mills-declares-2021-nfl-draft

Here is one from Cardinal's report

https://stanford.rivals.com/news/davis-mills-declares-for-the-nfl-draft

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, INDFalcon said:

Doktor,

I went to Stanford and I watch all Stanford games. I don't have that discuss his injury. He was injured lots of time. He did broke passing records for the college. You need to understand, Stanford is not football craze like SEC schools are.

here is one

https://www.ruleoftree.com/2021/1/3/22211532/stanford-football-davis-mills-declares-2021-nfl-draft

Here is one from Cardinal's report

https://stanford.rivals.com/news/davis-mills-declares-for-the-nfl-draft

 

Thanks man!  I had never heard of him!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It appears that he had early injury issues in his Stanford Career.  Walter Football (I known I know) has him top 15 in available QBs.  My guess someone will take a flier on him in the later rounds.  He's smart, has a good arm.  Precious little starting experience in College however.

If we look at taking a QB in the later rounds, I'm Ehlinger or Crum.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

Davis Mills, QB from Stanford. 6’4” 212 lbs from Duluth Georgia. Went to Greater Atlanta Christian. Gotta admit I had never heard of the guy before I heard several scouts this week saying he may be one of the steals of the draft. I have never seen him play and the only thing I know about him is what I heard scouts quoted as saying about him on the radio. Anybody got any insight on him one way or the other?

 

11 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Don't know anything about him.

 

10 hours ago, gtech1 said:

He was the #1 pro-style QB recruit coming out of high school.

 

10 hours ago, falcons007 said:

UDFA? Mid Rounds or low Rounds?

 

2 hours ago, RetroRoq said:

His balance, footwork and accuracy make me think of Brees.  Kid has a nice touch and delivery puts receiver in perfect position.

Coming out of Stanford, you know he is quick learner and disciplined.  I wouldnt hate this a a backup QB in round 4 or 5.

 

10 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

It appears that he had early injury issues in his Stanford Career.  Walter Football (I known I know) has him top 15 in available QBs.  My guess someone will take a flier on him in the later rounds.  He's smart, has a good arm.  Precious little starting experience in College however.

If we look at taking a QB in the later rounds, I'm Ehlinger or Crum.  

Mills or whoever....I've been wanting this team to draft a mid-to-low round QB for awhile now.    Because if we can find a viable backup, or even a starter....that's huge.

BTW....anyone know anything about Benkert?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

 

 

 

 

 

Mills or whoever....I've been wanting this team to draft a mid-to-low round QB for awhile now.    Because if we can find a viable backup, or even a starter....that's huge.

BTW....anyone know anything about Benkert?

Everything Benkert I've heard says "Matt Scahub, perhaps more athletic."   He has a decent arm, and the team stashed him away so he couldn't be poached.  I'm honestly not sure what we have in him.  At worst, cut.  At best, QB2.

Honestly, an enigma wrapped up in a paradox with Ollison and Senat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RetroRoq said:

His balance, footwork and accuracy make me think of Brees.  Kid has a nice touch and delivery puts receiver in perfect position.

Coming out of Stanford, you know he is quick learner and disciplined.  I wouldnt hate this a a backup QB in round 4 or 5.

First guy I thought of when I saw him on these clips.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Herr Doktor said:

Everything Benkert I've heard says "Matt Scahub, perhaps more athletic."   He has a decent arm, and the team stashed him away so he couldn't be poached.  I'm honestly not sure what we have in him.  At worst, cut.  At best, QB2.

Honestly, an enigma wrapped up in a paradox with Ollison and Senat.

Yeah.    You know....I get that Morriss was trying to earn a job as our HC.    In doing so he had to play the guys who gave him the best chance of winning games.  Totally understandable.

What I don't get.... is that with a couple of games left to play us fans, we knew Morriss wasn't going to be our HC next year.   Blank had to know it, too.    It would have been great if the team played guys like Senat... Ollisson... Benkert.... Graham.... maybe someone off the PS like UDFA Jared Pinkney.... let them show what they could do.   Instead we kept Schaub on the roster, played Luke Stocker, Ito....

Too many guys that we just don't know what they can -do-.  Or not do....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

Yeah.    You know....I get that Morriss was trying to earn a job as our HC.    In doing so he had to play the guys who gave him the best chance of winning games.  Totally understandable.

What I don't get.... is that with a couple of games left to play us fans, we knew Morriss wasn't going to be our HC next year.   Blank had to know it, too.    It would have been great if the team played guys like Senat... Ollisson... Benkert.... Graham.... maybe someone off the PS like UDFA Jared Pinkney.... let them show what they could do.   Instead we kept Schaub on the roster, played Luke Stocker, Ito....

Too many guys that we just don't know what they can -do-.  Or not do....

I dont blame the coaching staff.  They have families and did what they thought would help their cause one way or the other.

But, to have the enigmas we have, and not give them game time, seems just off.  I will guarantee you we might have if AB had announced after Quinns firing that Raheem was the new head coach, we probably would have seen more experimenting with what we had to see if its worth brining back. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...