The QB who made a Heisman winner...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We should grab his OC. He built an offense that produced 3 heisman finalists. 

I could honestly get behind Mac Jones. I like him. I'd take him in the 2'nd over any QB at 4. 

Guy is a product of having everything around him...he’s typical bama mid

22 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

I'll take Crum in the 6th anyday. 71% completion rate last 2 years (only 4 games in 2020, not from injury, but Kent State covid restrictions) 32 TD, 4 int. Look at these deep balls

That dude has one of the slowest deliveries I have ever seen. Jeezzzzuzz, he winds up like he's throwing a 103 MPH fast ball. Terrible mechanics.

On 1/31/2021 at 8:50 PM, papachaz said:

who's the last AL QB that did anything in the pros? Namath?

so how does Mac look wearing fur, anyone know?

:ninja:

Bart Starr, Kenny Stabler, Joe Namath, all Hall of Fame, you have Tua and Jalen still on a wait to see.

14 minutes ago, GreggT said:

Bart Starr, Kenny Stabler, Joe Namath, all Hall of Fame, you have Tua and Jalen still on a wait to see.

the last one was The Snake then, which is what I asked. 1970 to 1984 according to PFF. there's been tons of AL qbs hit the league since him, I'm certainly not putting any money on Tua OR Jalen to amount to much of anything, but go ahead if you want.  :):tiphat:

after reading a little bit more, AL has had 3 SB MVP, Starr twice, Namath once. Never had a QB win the Heisman, though I knew that without reading it, and as great a coach as Nick is, all of Alabama's NFL great QB's came from Bear Bryant's time there.  

13 hours ago, abcranford2 said:

The only Alabama that has ever gotten any pro hype since i went there in 2006 is Tua

I meant people on here do this every couple years. Every couple years the board ignores recent history and decides a Bama QB is actually a draft steal and playing with future NFL 1st rounders all over the offense in college didn't matter. 

2 hours ago, KamiKazee27 said:

If nothing else a solid backup to replace Schaub.

Mac Jones is gonna be drafted by someone with intentions for him to be a starter. There’s like 10 quarterbacks in this league that are worth anything. They know the rest are either bad or just meh placeholders til the new crop comes in. 

Brady

Rodgers

Mahomes

Mayfield

Watson

Stafford

Ryan

Roethlisberger

Wilson

Allen

There is the 10. I’ll give some credit to Herbert and Lamar Jackson as ones that haven’t reached potential yet. 

Edited by 44 Aaron RF
On 1/31/2021 at 9:40 PM, Macknsweetjones said:

Guy is a product of having everything around him...he’s typical bama mid

Hey, that's been the dig on Jones. He's only good in college because he has NFL talent around him.

Guess what, he will be playing with NFL talent in the NFL!

It is a ridiculous argument!!

27 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Hey, that's been the dig on Jones. He's only good in college because he has NFL talent around him.

just as ridiculous as "qb's from <insert college name here> suck in the nfl".

5 hours ago, 804_Falconfan said:

I meant people on here do this every couple years. Every couple years the board ignores recent history and decides a Bama QB is actually a draft steal and playing with future NFL 1st rounders all over the offense in college didn't matter. 

What QBs are you talking about?

7 hours ago, 804_Falconfan said:

🤔🤔🤔

4 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

just as ridiculous as "qb's from <insert college name here> suck in the nfl".

as a blanket statement, yes thats dumb.  But with added context like the scheme they run, they could have a point.  If a college is running a basic scheme that relies on having better play makers at skill positions then maybe.  Does that apply to Alabama?  I think they run a more pro like scheme than a lot of other top teams.

15 hours ago, abcranford2 said:

i don't recall that. who?

Some thought AJ McCarron would be very good. Obviously we already had Matt so no one was saying we should draft them early but I remember him getting a lot of love. Maybe it was just him that stuck out in my mind, because I can't imagine anyone on the board was super excited for McElroy or Parker Wilson. 

18 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

The difference is, his guys are wide open all over the field in college because of the fact he is surrounded by that NFL Talent. His competition has so much less talent each game across the board it's not even fair. The same argument is used against Fields except OSUs talent level was nowhere close to Bamas this year. They will not have the same protections or wide open WRs in the NFL. You could take any of the top 3 QBs and place them on Alabama and they still go undefeated and win the championship in a landslide. Mac is at best the 4th QB prospect and that's depending on how you feel about Lance's raw ability. 

29 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

The difference is, his guys are wide open all over the field in college because of the fact he is surrounded by that NFL Talent. His competition has so much less talent each game across the board it's not even fair. The same argument is used against Fields except OSUs talent level was nowhere close to Bamas this year. They will not have the same protections or wide open WRs in the NFL. You could take any of the top 3 QBs and place them on Alabama and they still go undefeated and win the championship in a landslide. Mac is at best the 4th QB prospect and that's depending on how you feel about Lance's raw ability. 

Mac to me is the epitome of development.  He's a guy you sit a few years and season.  I wouldn't want him starting year one for sure.  But, he has the makings of a starter.  The kid is a warrior.  Hard to teach that.

In the end, teams must look at the player and how he fits into the culture and scheme.  I think entire careers have been wasted by putting a square peg in a round hole.  There are QBs that I think had talent, but went to the wrong system, failed, and then got behind the curve.  Then boom, out of the league.  

6 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I don't agree with you, watch some of those highlights and go back and watch other throw of his. He throws guys open. I watched every play this year and saw what a good QB he can be. Maybe he is 4th, or maybe he is not, but he is the best passer in the draft class no doubt!

On 1/31/2021 at 10:11 PM, Mister pudding said:

I'll take Crum in the 6th anyday. 71% completion rate last 2 years (only 4 games in 2020, not from injury, but Kent State covid restrictions) 32 TD, 4 int. Look at these deep balls

I’m not familiar with him, but I liked what I saw in that clip. He was hitting everyone in stride. I’d be really interested in the later rounds