On 2/1/2021 at 10:08 AM, g-dawg said:

1) Justin Fields

2) Zach Wilson

In that order.

those are really the only value moves at #4.  If you aren’t taking one of those QBs there, you trade down.

I'm not a fan of QB at 4 for many reasons, none of which is about these young men's skills.  Clearly they are.  And I agree with your thought.  At 4 you take franchise type players.  If not, attempt to trade down.  Agreed.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sewell, Surtain, or Rousseau 

I'll be 100% honest, I'd much rather go Kyle Pitts @ TE than to take another WR. At least with Pitts you can use him to make mismatches all over the formation. It's probably Slater though. The LG

if wilson is there im taking him, his talent is undenaible.

You have to go Sewell.  He's the rare OL generational talent.  So good that he received a second place Heisman vote.  And by opting out the year because of the pandemic after only his sophomore season, those tires are brand stinking new.  A 6' 6" Samoan road grater on the line?  I don't care if you put him at fullback, he'll destroy for Matt.

The only other option I can see is just how much TF falls in love with a more flexible Slater.

Edited by Maltese Falcon
57 minutes ago, Maltese Falcon said:

You have to go Sewell.  He's the rare OL generational talent.  So good that he received a second place Heisman vote.  And by opting out the year because of the pandemic after only his sophomore season, those tires are brand stinking new.  A 6' 6" Samoan road grater on the line?  I don't care if you put him at fullback, he'll destroy for Matt.

The only other option I can see is just how much TF falls in love with a more flexible Slater.

Sounds great.  Unfortunately, he isn't a road grader. Not his game.

If stuck at #4 with no trade down option, I would draft whichever QB is BPA at that time. Then I would dangle him as a trade for another 1st round pick, and maybe a second. There are a lot of QB needy teams out there. If I can't find someone willing to trade for him, then groom him to take the reins from Ryan when that time comes.

11 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Subject to change B4 the Draft.. But as of right now.. I'd take DE Kwitty Paye,,6=4, 277 lbs. Ranked at #7 or ,,,,, T.E. Kyle Pitts. 6-6,  240 Fla. ranked #9 with our first pick.. And I probably will not change on this.. But as of right now, I'd have to go with TE Pitts because we've seen what a Top TE can do for a team like Kelcie.. This TE had the ability to become a top TE in the NFL.. And be that game changer we'd all like to have.

I'd like to add a thought I meant to write in the post..  We can trade down  3 or 4 picks and still get either one of these players. And pick up a pretty nice pick for trading down.. AS we all know,, The teams wanting a QB know that #4 is going to have a very good QB there.. But if we trade down to the 9th pick.. We could get the best TE or DE in the draft and still pick up more picks for trading down.. That's why #4 is an Awesome pick to own.. great value.  I am stoked about all the outs we have by owning the #4 pick...     :slick:

On 1/31/2021 at 4:02 PM, Knight of God said:

Sewell, Surtain, or Rousseau 

Pretty much this, but replace Rousseau with Parsons. I like him a lot but I doubt he'll slip into a starter role and be terrific like the other two would be right away.

I'm still leaning towards trading down when a team inevitably wants to trade up but if we can't/the value isn't there, roll with Sewell.

On 2/1/2021 at 9:39 AM, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

I'm gonna stop you right there-

We have shown we CAN win and CAN compete with the best teams in the league. It's a matter of coaching. Will Arthur Smith be the answer?

How's that exactly? Last I checked we have been eliminated by mid season for the past 3 years. Pretty terrible argument, but keep the faith! Teams that CAN win and CAN complete don't go a cumulative 18-30 over the past 3 years.

If you think that AS is coming in here and suddenly this is a SB contender next year, well that's on you! It CAN happen, but it probably won't happen year one.

Edited by PointSwayzee

Given the #4 pick, the way the draft talent is set and the fact that Ryan will need to be replaced in the next 2-3 years; I go BPA QB at #4. #4 is a pick that needs to bring in max position value. QB is position value #1. 

I let Ryan play next year. If he shows that he can still get the team to the playoffs and make a run, great. If not he's gone after next season and new QB is inserted after a year behind Ryan.

I want to be snarky and say your mom....but that would be rude and disrespectful and the op does not deserve that because he is a good poster.

The serious answer is...Parsons or Surtain, And even if 4 is high for a back...Harris could very well be in play..

Smith may want his "new Henry" and Harris seems to be one of the closest to that so I would not be mad.

I want us to stay away from the oline in the first....we are OK at tackle and the shift to what Smith wants to do should....key word should help them.....and I am against taking a tackle at 4 and the moving him inside.... unless we plan on trading one of the tackles.

34 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

How's that exactly? Last I checked we have been eliminated by mid season for the past 3 years. Pretty terrible argument, but keep the faith! Teams that CAN win and CAN complete don't go a cumulative 18-30 over the past 3 years.

If you think that AS is coming in here and suddenly this is a SB contender next year, well that's on you! It CAN happen, but it probably won't happen year one.

We beat SF last year

Came SO CLOSE to beating KC this year.

Came close to beating lots of teams, actually. 

Just need someone to push us over the top.

5 minutes ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

We beat SF last year

Came SO CLOSE to beating KC this year.

Came close to beating lots of teams, actually. 

Just need someone to push us over the top.

We beat SF and NO in 19'

We beat the Raiders, Panthers, Vikings and Broncos last year, some real super powers there. We actually did not beat a single playoff team in 20' so now we are basing our hopes on 19' victories and a close loss to KC, who I'm sure were not looking past us or anything.

The combined winning % of the teams we beat was 0.39, which is slightly better than out record, so maybe we over-achieved..lol?? 

Again, not buying this team is even remotely close. 

4 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

We beat SF and NO in 19'

We beat the Raiders, Panthers, Vikings and Broncos last year, some real super powers there. We actually did not beat a single playoff team in 20' so now we are basing our hopes on 19' victories and a close loss to KC, who I'm sure were not looking past us or anything.

The combined winning % of the teams we beat was 0.39, which is slightly better than out record, so maybe we over-achieved..lol?? 

Again, not buying this team is even remotely close. 

Have a little faith, man. We have the potential, just need the coaching.

14 minutes ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

Have a little faith, man. We have the potential, just need the coaching.

I have followed this team since 80' so color me skeptical. The Ryan and Jones era is now just a formality, get the understudy at #4 and look toward the future. 

We put a band-aid on the team in 18, 19, & 20 trying to relive something that was NEVER going to happen. Running it back again and expect different results is the definition of insanity. 2020 was the "best offseason" franchise history and plus we had that killer winning streak(once we were eliminated of course) at the 19', plus coach Bro was coming back to fix the defense(remember he was a defensive guru)..and as we know that was the "real falcons"..lol. 

New QB at 4 or not, Ryan will start in 21' and this team will be right around .500 or below. Which is an improvement over 20', so that's good news right? 

17 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

I have followed this team since 80' so color me skeptical. The Ryan and Jones era is now just a formality, get the understudy at #4 and look toward the future. 

We put a band-aid on the team in 18, 19, & 20 trying to relive something that was NEVER going to happen. Running it back again and expect different results is the definition of insanity. 2020 was the "best offseason" franchise history and plus we had that killer winning streak(once we were eliminated of course) at the 19', plus coach Bro was coming back to fix the defense(remember he was a defensive guru)..and as we know that was the "real falcons"..lol. 

New QB at 4 or not, Ryan will start in 21' and this team will be right around .500 or below. Which is an improvement over 20', so that's good news right? 

"Aim high! The future you see is the person you will be."   -Jim Cathcart