• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sewell, Surtain, or Rousseau 

I'll be 100% honest, I'd much rather go Kyle Pitts @ TE than to take another WR. At least with Pitts you can use him to make mismatches all over the formation. It's probably Slater though. The LG

if wilson is there im taking him, his talent is undenaible.

18 minutes ago, Falconsailorman said:

I'll accept whoever Falcs draft but if Sewell is available he seems to be the clear best player available and while Falcs have more pressing needs Sewell is a lineman the best out of all the linemen def or offense. Games are won in the trenches. Our Gm coming from New Orleans they once had a off tackle named Willie Roaf. If Sewell could be near that talent I don't see a better option.

Not only Roaf. The Saints have spent significant early draft capital on O lineman recently: 

2020:

1st round - C Cesar Ruiz

2019:

2nd round - C/OG Erik McCoy (their first pick in the draft)

2017:

1st round - OT Ryan Ramczyk

And Brees is way older than Ryan and way less mobile (even though Ryan is pretty immobile). Granted we have also spent high draft capital on Olineman recently as well, but I agree with you on the importance of fortifying the trenches. If there was a solid D lineman worth the #4 pick I would be for him as well. 

26 minutes ago, Power I said:

I wouldn't at all be upset with him in a trade down, just not at 4. I love drafting Sewell, but I don't think Jake is strong enough to play LG and Sewell doesn't quite fit the mold either. Slater to LG at 4 is fine with me even though it won't be for most folks. Right now, all things considered, I'm still leaning towards Justin Fields.

If I'm asked to build around Ryan, and we're picking 4th, I'm drafting Chase. 

Or Slater at C. Isn't he known for playing every position on the OL. Let he and Hennessey compete for it. The loser takes LG.

25 minutes ago, Power I said:

I wouldn't at all be upset with him in a trade down, just not at 4. I love drafting Sewell, but I don't think Jake is strong enough to play LG and Sewell doesn't quite fit the mold either. Slater to LG at 4 is fine with me even though it won't be for most folks. Right now, all things considered, I'm still leaning towards Justin Fields.

If I'm asked to build around Ryan, and we're picking 4th, I'm drafting Chase. 

In my scenario, I envision Sewell play LG and Jake staying at LT (unless we were to trade him, which I don't suggest that). Why don't you think Sewell can play LG? Or why do you believe Slater could play LG better than Sewell? 

5 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

In my scenario, I envision Sewell play LG and Jake staying at LT (unless we were to trade him, which I don't suggest that). Why don't you think Sewell can play LG? Or why do you believe Slater could play LG better than Sewell? 

Slater to me looks like a natural guard. Putting Sewell at guard would take away a lot of what has him ranked so highly. His ability to block on an island, quick feet for edge rushers, height advantage, the list goes on. Slater has some of the same traits, but to my eyes looks like a Pro Bowl guard rather than a tackle. 

2 minutes ago, Power I said:

Slater to me looks like a natural guard. Putting Sewell at guard would take away a lot of what has him ranked so highly. His ability to block on an island, quick feet for edge rushers, height advantage, the list goes on. Slater has some of the same traits, but to my eyes looks like a Pro Bowl guard rather than a tackle. 

Nice. I looked at Sewell's quick feet and just his overall lateral movement as a plus for playing guard. He clearly has the athleticism to play OG imo.  And I don't see him playing OG for his entire career. Maybe only a year or two and also as a backup plan if Jake or Kaleb were to get injured. But even in that scenario they may prefer Gono on the outside. I don't know. 

1 minute ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Jeebuz None of those at 4 

I totally agree no defensive player is worth four...Parsons possibly drop his stock. So the next two for me is Surtain Fairley Paye or shock the world and take Barmore...I want defense as the first pick... unless Matt is for sure gone then take a QB

Just now, FalconofShadows said:

Maybe Wilson if he's there I think he is QB1 but I think he will be gone. I'm a big fan of Kwity Paye so either him or whoever I end up thinking is QB1 . Though in all honesty it's probably going to be QB or trade back

I can see the trade down because on the strength we haven't done it...I can see the front office being spontaneous with this draft... Folks forget we are top five in every round. Plus comps. If we trade down we build this team and bite some cap this season but beyond we will be in prime position for super bowl contention with money

1 minute ago, GATXBOI said:

I can see the trade down because on the strength we haven't done it...I can see the front office being spontaneous with this draft... Folks forget we are top five in every round. Plus comps. If we trade down we build this team and bite some cap this season but beyond we will be in prime position for super bowl contention with money

This is a wired off-season where if played right allot of holes could be filled and we could be in contention. It depends does the FO go for present or future

It keeps irking me that there aren't top tier DL or corner this year.  Normally there'd be one or two DEs, a DT and a corner that are all considered locks/expected probowlers.

My 4 would be

Sewell, Slater, Surtain, Chase.

Chase could make letting go of Julio next year be easier and free up Cap.  Sewell and Slater should help immediately.  Surtain I'm less sure of, but if he worked out could quickly help this D.  If we had a legit corner and a safety that turned out like Winfield for the Bucs (who many wanted) we'd be on the way.

Just now, FalconofShadows said:

This is a wired off-season where if played right allot of holes could be filled and we could be in contention. It depends does the FO go for present or future

Yes even in past years I have never been this excited about the front office and we just added Kyle Smith..man watch out... I liked TD but I knew what I was getting.. this is new territory, nobody outside of Flowery Branch knows what we are doing... I love it 

11 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

I totally agree no defensive player is worth four...Parsons possibly drop his stock. So the next two for me is Surtain Fairley Paye or shock the world and take Barmore...I want defense as the first pick... unless Matt is for sure gone then take a QB

Depends who your talking to.

The teams look at talent a whole lot different to the media outlets and you can best believe the fans evaluations and thee above mentioned will probably be light years apart.

10 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

It keeps irking me that there aren't top tier DL or corner this year.  Normally there'd be one or two DEs, a DT and a corner that are all considered locks/expected probowlers.

My 4 would be

Sewell, Slater, Surtain, Chase.

Chase could make letting go of Julio next year be easier and free up Cap.  Sewell and Slater should help immediately.  Surtain I'm less sure of, but if he worked out could quickly help this D.  If we had a legit corner and a safety that turned out like Winfield for the Bucs (who many wanted) we'd be on the way.

The receiver that I believe could potentially match Julio is Smith straight up... Chase is a faster Ridley.  We need that every route guy. If Julio is gone

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’m still taking Wilson and if he is gone Fields...after that I’d take a shot at landing a game changing player along the DL: Gregory Rousseau.  In 3-4 years he could look like president use Calais Campbell

Yes that what I say I don't see him at edge but a Campbell j j watt type

1 hour ago, Someday soon said:

Whoever can replace a high cap # player on the current roster.  Draft Sewell trade Mathews for picks.  Draft Chase trade Julio.  Draft a QB Trade Ryan. You get cheap talent and unload a cap number player for picks.

You're not really unloading a lot of cap for ryan or julio. So you're saying sewell basically and shed matthews