Falcons need to trade Matt Ryan if they plan on drafting a QB

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trade Matt to.a contender and Julio to KC. That way they can go to teams that actually like playmakers. 

You all really trying to speak this into existence this off season huh?

I'm a militant Ryan Homer, unapologetically so.  But, this is an opinion I have harbored.  If plausible, trading Matt Ryan is the only thing that makes sense if you are drafting your new number one. 

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

Straight up don't have **** near 60 million in QB and one isn't playing. Our best bet trade down get a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round

Man don't you know that when you make realistic statements regarding this issue that you get labeled. So many cannot see the simple math of our situation, deny how good our qb still is, and have fallen for the hype surrounding the top 4 qbs in this draft. They act like this is the last year that qbs will ever be available.

1 hour ago, KillaDrtyBrd401 said:

I co-sign this!!!   Trade him to NE for 15,47 and next yr 2nd. Draft Wilson at 4. Draft Barmore at 15 and build from there!  Maybe Collins drops into late 1st and we can move up into first again.  Sign a vet to mentor Wilson and compete for the job

From your mouth to God's ears.  I would do that in a heartbeat...

Mods just blend all these "trade Ryan" threads into one and be done with it.

Maybe do that with the trade Julio threads.... and the trade Ridley threads. And the trade.. . And the trade... and the trade... same offseason as we always have.

Me I am leaving it to the new hires.  Fix the cap.  Thats what I want.

1 minute ago, Realsurfin said:

Maybe do that with the trade Julio threads.... and the trade Ridley threads. And the trade.. . And the trade... and the trade... same offseason as we always have.

It's not even February yet! 

87 more days until the draft. 

With 6 of these threads a day that could mean 522 more of them!

Are people aware that Detroit only got one of those 1sts for taking Goff's money off LA's books? Everybody else was offering one first and a lower round pick. We don't have the capability to take somebody's super expensive trash off their hands for them.

Also, why trade now when we can let Ryan have another MVP caliber year first and then trade him. :ninja:

10 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Are people aware that Detroit only got one of those 1sts for taking Goff's money off LA's books? Everybody else was offering one first and a lower round pick. We don't have the capability to take somebody's super expensive trash off their hands for them.

Also, why trade now when we can let Ryan have another MVP caliber year first and then trade him. :ninja:

Detroit isn’t taking goffs contract either. For DET it’s more like 1 year 25 M dollar deal. They can cut Goff with about 5 M dead cap spread over 3 years. If they continue with him, it’s about 25 M hit per year. 

1 hour ago, Realsurfin said:

I approve this. Mods common.

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Detroit isn’t taking goffs contract either. For DET it’s more like 1 year 25 M dollar deal. They can cut Goff with about 5 M dead cap spread over 3 years. If they continue with him, it’s about 25 M hit per year. 

Right. The Rams basically traded a 1st two years from now in exchange for $13m in cap this year and that 15 million, however it might be distributed, for the three years after that. 

4 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Right. The Rams basically traded a 1st two years from now in exchange for $13m in cap this year and that 15 million, however it might be distributed, for the three years after that. 

Rams still take 22 M in dead money. DET got minimal risk on a one year decent QB deal.

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Rams still take 22 M in dead money. DET got minimal risk on a one year decent QB deal.

Yes but they still save 13 M over straight up cutting him. That's my point, and that's what they traded that second 1'st for. 

Unless I'm wrong about the numbers, which is possible. Not a huge cap guy. 

14 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Yep. Detroit needed to get rid of Stafford and fleeced the Rams.

Long-Con:

Snead is setting up Holmes to succeed so once the Rams total cost of Goff hits and they don’t win the SB; he has a friend willing to add him in DET!

2 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Yes but they still save 13 M over straight up cutting him. That's my point, and that's what they traded that second 1'st for. 

Unless I'm wrong about the numbers, which is possible. Not a huge cap guy. 

I doubt if the cap was the reason. DET didn’t take any risk. It’s actually very similar to Brock Osweiler deal. May be a second round pick at most. 

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Yep. Detroit needed to get rid of Stafford and fleeced the Rams.

Long-Con:

Snead is setting up Holmes to succeed so once the Rams total cost of Goff hits and they don’t win the SB; he has a friend willing to add him in DET!

Yep. Teams are going to bet house on SB win. Stafford is a nice fit for them. 

Just now, falcons007 said:

Hard to say with out being in the room. Stafford is much better than Goff. Sam Bradford got a first round pick. QB are overvalued. 

This is what I was referring to. Not saying Ian's always right but it's what I was thinking of. You're right that we'll probably never know for sure. 

Just now, Lornoth said:

This is what I was referring to. Not saying Ian's always right but it's what I was thinking of. You're right that we'll probably never know for sure. 

I looked at the compensation. Third in 2021, then first for next two drafts. It’s possible the contract value was assessed as second round, since the future first round is lower value, they took third from 2021 and threw in a pick from 2023. 

5 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

I'm a militant Ryan Homer, unapologetically so.  But, this is an opinion I have harbored.  If plausible, trading Matt Ryan is the only thing that makes sense if you are drafting your new number one.  Let Matt go to a franchise that can win now.

From a human point of view, MR knows he is a contributor.  And sticking the heir apparent behind him and expecting him to tutor that kid is a slap in the face for a competitor.  Since MR is not the problem with the Falcons, we should trade him to a team and a fanbase that appreciates his several more highly productive years to come.

Send him to Minnesota 

40 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I looked at the compensation. Third in 2021, then first for next two drafts. It’s possible the contract value was assessed as second round, since the future first round is lower value, they took third from 2021 and threw in a pick from 2023. 

Part of the reason they got so much is because it's two future 1sts too...future picks are always worth less.