7 hours ago, thanat0s said:

The trade back is fine. The players you drafted are fine.

The compensation for dropping back to 12 is laughable. Try 12, 43, Plus SFs 1 and 2 next year. 

I don’t care about charts and slot value. If literally anybody wants to move to 4 to get a QB, they’re going to pay our price. Period. Especially somebody trying to move 8 spots. 

I’d come unglued if, after suffering through last season, we gave away that 4th pick for that little. 

I was trying to be realistic. On the trade value chart to move from #12 to #4 is 600 points. The 49ers 2nd is worth 470 alone. You could easily argue adding a 2022 2nd on top is overpaying. Yes potentially if multiple teams get into a bidding war there you might be able to extract more value, but again just trying to be realistic.

This was probably the most realistic trade down I’ve seen. Think people will be disappointed with what we actually get at #4, just based on who teams can talk to if they don’t get the price they want from us. And if we keep ‘smoke-screening’ QB at 4, they could opt to hop us at 3. Would definitely need a few people in love with whatever QB(s) end up at 4 to create a bidding war to get great value out of a trade down.

If we get lucky like this mock with that trade down, sign Terry to a lifetime contract though, beautiful draft and I love the names you’d target in FA

4 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I was trying to be realistic. On the trade value chart to move from #12 to #4 is 600 points. The 49ers 2nd is worth 470 alone. You could easily argue adding a 2022 2nd on top is overpaying. Yes potentially if multiple teams get into a bidding war there you might be able to extract more value, but again just trying to be realistic.

This is why that value chart is useless when it comes to QBs. If someone looking for their franchise QB wants to move from outside the top ten to what at that point is the number one pick in the draft, they aren't getting it for that. 

For instance, Miami has 2 2nds. Does anyone think that, assuming they didn't need a QB, that Jacksonville would take a trade of Miami's 3rd overall and  those 2 2nds to move up and take Lawrence? Because the points say, they'd be overpaying by around 100.  Jacksonville would laugh all the way to hanging up the phone. 

The same amount (3000) would apply to anyone trying to get that 4th pick as would anyone trying to get the pick from Jacksonville. If a team didn't consider him worthy of investing their entire future in, they wouldn't be trying to trade up that far to get him in the first place. They'd take Mac  or Lance, because one of them will be there at 12, barring other teams moving up. 

Just one man's opinion, of course, but I would sit at 4 and draft the guy I want rather than letting someone have the face of their franchise for a decade for what amounts to nothing. I'd immediately lose all respect for these new guys if they did that.