Per Mort Report: Falcons Amongst Teams Eyeing QB In Top 5

• FalconsIn2012 changed the title to Per Mort Report: Falcons Amongst Teams Eyeing QB In Top 5
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even if we wasn't looking at a qb it makes all the sense in the world to say we are. Drive up the price of the pick. Qb supply and demand. Draft season around here is like sitting down at a poker tabl

I'll wait for a credible report

chris mortensen said something about something

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Even if we wasn't looking at a qb it makes all the sense in the world to say we are. Drive up the price of the pick. Qb supply and demand. Draft season around here is like sitting down at a poker table and believing what everybody else is telling you. 

exactly. if we came out saying we're not looking at qb it would just boost the value of the picks after us.

Wayyyyyyy too early to be taking any rumor right now to heart. Happens every year. We're linked to certain people or positions and we do something out of left field. Neal, Takk, Terrell. All surprises. There's gonna be a million more rumors before draft day. Not saying QB isnt an option. At this point though, I'd be VERY surprised if went QB with the first pick. 

If the top brass feels like a marquee franchise QB is going to be there at 4 it’s a no brainer. My hope is Wilson or Fields is there for the taking. If not trade down and grab Lance Jones Trask. Hopefully  Fontenot and Smith feel the same way. This is exciting news for the Falcons. Bring something new to ATL and a breath of fresh air. I love MR but he getting old and stale. It’s all about the future. To heck with 4-12 7-9 and 9-7 mediocre  seasons. Bite the bullet now for the future. 

I mean the team would be doing a disservice to themselves if they said otherwise. If they are or aren't taking a QB you say you are or you lose leverage in a potential trade. And out of the 5 potential first round QBs they might only like 1 or 2. And if so I don't think they will settle on someone but that's something none of us will ever know.

4 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Wayyyyyyy too early to be taking any rumor right now to heart. Happens every year. We're linked to certain people or positions and we do something out of left field. Neal, Takk, Terrell. All surprises. There's gonna be a million more rumors before draft day. Not saying isnt an option. At this point, I'd be VERY surprised if went QB with the first pick. 

It’s not too early. I guarantee you Fontenot has plan and vision in place. It very well could be Wilson or Fields or you never know about a trade up from 4 to 1 to grab Lawernce if the Jags and Meyer are sold on Fields or Wilson at 4. This conversation is far from over. I’d be very surprised if they’re not considering a QB in the top 5, maybe not but it’d be pretty stupid to not serious consider it. 

6 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

It’s not too early. I guarantee you Fontenot has plan and vision in place. It very well could be Wilson or Fields or you never know about a trade up from 4 to 1 to grab Lawernce if the Jags and Meyer are sold on Fields or Wilson at 4. This conversation is far from over. I’d be very surprised if they’re not considering a QB in the top 5, maybe not but it’d be pretty stupid to not serious consider it. 

No need to use future draft capital to move up to get Lawrence.

It's gonna take Falcons 1st next year and some other picks. Rather get a QB at 4 if that's the case.

17 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

I said rumors are way too early right now. We're gonna be linked to a lot more people/positions with our first pick before draft. And yes, I'm sure its being considered. I just would be surprised if we went QB with the first pick. Hiring Smith and not Brady or Eric B tells me that Ryan is the guy. If the latter happened, then QB may have been the leading contender for our first pick. Considering their work with Burrow and Mahomes. 

23 minutes ago, ThemDarnFalconsBoy! said:

Eyeing is one thing, but selecting is another. We'll see... But if we do select a QB at #4, then I guess that means a rebuild is on the way? 

Hiring a rookie GM and Head Coach should have given you signs of a rebuild. This is not even playoff roster nonetheless a championship roster we have right now. 

2 minutes ago, Thelonious Mingus said:

Hiring a rookie GM and Head Coach should have given you signs of a rebuild. This is not even playoff roster nonetheless a championship roster we have right now. 

The DC is in his 70s and experienced, so what does that mean? Also we don't have the cap space to rebuild anything, so if we take a QB here, then that would mean either JJ, or MR are gone.

Edited by ThemDarnFalconsBoy!

Best thing they can possibly do is let the word out that they are drafting a QB at 4. If you really are, then it’s not going to make any difference. But if you really are not planning on drafting a QB at 4 then saying you are only increases what you can get in a trade down.