What does Dean Pees need to field a top 10 defense in Atlanta?

2 hours ago, Fired Up said:

3 legit trench defenders 

- A DT upgrade over Bailey

- stop this tweener stuff that Quinn was enamored with   IE Cominsky and Tui

- A NT to spell Davidson or upgrade the position and have Davidson be back up (prefer 315-320lb guy) (Daquan Jones played in Tenn under Dan  he’s a FA  wonder what his price will be. 

- At least two more pass rushers (one in draft and mid level FA

- a hybrid LB like foye ( Parsons would be Dans Evan’s in Tenn) 

- secondary. Whew. We have no FS under contract. Start there. 

- depth at CB. 

I think at this point they need to move down a bit. Grab more draft picks and still take Patrick Surtain. Then at least they will be able to cover for a few seconds. Pees can get creative with blitzing and build up the d a little more through the draft.

I hate that there isn’t a Pass rusher worthy of top 5 selection in my opinion. 

HOWEVER, I have a hard time believe Arthur Smith won’t want to be building the offense with the first pick. And going by what happened in New Orleans it will more than likely be offensive line. 

He needs more talent in the secondary and more competition everywhere else. Then, he needs to figure out in-game adjustments as they're required in the game instead of watching the other team figure out what we're doing and hoping they make mistakes. Our coaches have let our players down for too long.

10 minutes ago, RYNE said:

I think at this point they need to move down a bit. Grab more draft picks and still take Patrick Surtain. Then at least they will be able to cover for a few seconds. Pees can get creative with blitzing and build up the d a little more through the draft.

I hate that there isn’t a Pass rusher worthy of top 5 selection in my opinion. 

HOWEVER, I have a hard time believe Arthur Smith won’t want to be building the offense with the first pick. And going by what happened in New Orleans it will more than likely be offensive line. 

IDK about that the Swamp rats had to take a ol.. if in right didn't one of their lineman had a condition or suddenly retired.. that was when they took McCoy and Ruiz

Just now, GATXBOI said:

IDK about that the Swamp rats had to take a ol.. if in right didn't one of their lineman had a condition or suddenly retired.. that was when they took McCoy and Ruiz

Didn’t say they had to. Said that’s what they did. 

when their line sucked they were terrible. Brees couldn’t do anything.  They built it for like 2 years in a row and they were back to being a good team again. Hit on a couple of other picks and they were off to the races 

2 minutes ago, RYNE said:

Didn’t say they had to. Said that’s what they did. 

when their line sucked they were terrible. Brees couldn’t do anything.  They built it for like 2 years in a row and they were back to being a good team again. Hit on a couple of other picks and they were off to the races 

I see what you are saying...but imo their skills positions was set up for them to do that

We still need secondary and some running backs

Edited by GATXBOI

6 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

I see what you are saying...but imo their skills positions was set up for them to do that

We still need secondary and some running backs

Couldn’t agree more. again I never said we didn’t. 

I have said for a month that my 2nd pick would be Najee Harris. I would move back into the first and get him. Idc what it takes. He would be my young face of the franchise 

Also said it another post a few minutes ago that if it were up to me in this second to pick for the Falcons I would try to move down a bit. Take Patrick Surtain. Then come up and get Harris. 

unfortunately I don’t get a vote 

i haven't put a ton of study into pees defenses, but from what i've seen i think a stud corner opposite aj (surtain, farley) and a ball-hawk free safety (holland, washington, etc.) could be all he needs to make us a very good defense. upgrades at dt and edge could make us a great to dominant defense.

again, that's just from the little bit that i've seen. anybody who has put more time into it will probably have more to say about it i'm sure.

Pees seems to be able to manufacture a rush, Raheem and Ulbrich had some success in doing that this past season, seemed like Quinns hold on the defense was a big issue, an offseason of fingers crossed good coaching can do wonders, these guys had some very bright moments, I dont think they're devoid of talent.

CB

FS

Big fat nose tackle

4 hours ago, GleasonForever! said:

- A DT upgrade over Bailey

- stop this tweener stuff that Quinn was enamored with   IE Cominsky and Tui

- A NT to spell Davidson or upgrade the position and have Davidson be back up (prefer 315-320lb guy) (Daquan Jones played in Tenn under Dan  he’s a FA  wonder what his price will be. 

- At least two more pass rushers (one in draft and mid level FA

- a hybrid LB like foye ( Parsons would be Dans Evan’s in Tenn) 

- secondary. Whew. We have no FS under contract. Start there. 

- depth at CB. 

I'm really hoping Davidson and Fowler play a lot better under Pees. 

3 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

i haven't put a ton of study into pees defenses, but from what i've seen i think a stud corner opposite aj (surtain, farley) and a ball-hawk free safety (holland, washington, etc.) could be all he needs to make us a very good defense. upgrades at dt and edge could make us a great to dominant defense.

again, that's just from the little bit that i've seen. anybody who has put more time into it will probably have more to say about it i'm sure.

I would go for Surtain/AJ, Marcus Williams as FS and king as NB. Lockdown the Defensive backfield and simulate the pressure upfront.