After The Trade, Falcons Sitting Pretty? - The Falcoholic

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I have seen low on TATF. But this post is just scummy. You have reached Swift level of stupidity. Walk away from the Keyboard.

It is a good thing to be reminded why I put Slumerican on ignore.  After seeing this, any thoughts of giving him a second chance are thwarted. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The full article is on the Falcoholic website.   This particular part is Falcons related, so....here 'tis.      The Falcons: Sitting pretty Atlanta’s options are the same a

Man we better take them to the bank if we move down and not move just for the sake of moving

Falcons have to eat 40 M cap hit by trading Ryan. They aren’t gonna take any other contracts on top of that. 2021 is not the year to trade Ryan. Just trade down and get picks to build a team. When you

37 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I’m not sure the Lions did get their man. I could absolutely see them drafting a QB. 

34 minutes ago, slider said:

After what they gave up already I don't think they'll trade up to do it though.

Surely this shows they're in full rebuild mode and surely there's no chance they see Jared Goff as their franchise QB for the long term. If his contract means he's ripe for cutting next year then they'll need someone (probably a rookie) to replace him with and if this is the elite QB draft it's supposed to be then now's their chance to get him. Depending on how the top 3 falls they may find they have to trade up for one top QBs.

1 hour ago, slider said:

All three of the teams above the Falcons are likely to take QB, if one doesn't, the Falcon phone starts ringing off the hook.

I'd be pretty shocked if Miami drafted a QB less than a year after taking Tua. And I also doubt they trade down since they also pick at #18, #36, and #50.

So, one of Wilson or Fields should be on the board at #4.

1 minute ago, alexhead97 said:

Depending on how the top 3 falls they may find they have to trade up for one top QBs.

Also, it's easier for them to trade up now because they're playing with house money. They currently have two first round picks in each of 2022 and 2023. So, they can give up multiple first round picks and still draft normally, while attaining a franchise QB. Then, they can sit that player for a while as they evaluate Goff.

I suspect what they'll do is give Goff a year to prove himself and then take QBs more seriously in 2022. However, I'm not ruling them out for a big move up after last night's trade. If anything, it got easier for them to do it.

3 minutes ago, ROMERO said:

I agree. Go away and dont come back.

Wow, some over sensitive men hanging out today.. Wth, I want to get the man some help with his anxiety issues and people start crying.. Go outside and get some vitamin D, i swear itll do ya some good.. Maybe try wrestling a bobcat or something, you guys wouldn't last one day n the environment i live in.. Smh

18 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Option 3 isn’t much of an option unless the rookie will be another Mahomes.

justin herbert was good last year.... Joe borrow started off good... Kyler starteed off good.

If we have the playcaller we think we have in Arthur Smith (who help turn Tannehill from a throw away to a good *** QB) .... The rook having Julio and Rid with hurst and a young stable RB.

QBs are coming in having success so if its the right QB i can see a QB coming in being successful.

That next year (2022) you will have a good amount of cap coming off the books

To me the best path is keeping Ryan... Telling him we are all in with you but you have to help us money wise (like the steelers basically told big ben).... Extend him a year or so to help the cap.... Trade that 4th pick for a good haul and build your team

But again.. The new GM and HC has options

3 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Wow, some over sensitive men hanging out today.. Wth, I want to get the man some help with his anxiety issues and people start crying.. Go outside and get some vitamin D, i swear itll do ya some good.. Maybe try wrestling a bobcat or something, you guys wouldn't last one day n the environment i live in.. Smh

Say something stupid and then blame somebody else for it. Pretty much the epitome of society today.

10 minutes ago, atljbo said:

justin herbert was good last year.... Joe borrow started off good... Kyler starteed off good.

If we have the playcaller we think we have in Arthur Smith (who help turn Tannehill from a throw away to a good *** QB) .... The rook having Julio and Rid with hurst and a young stable RB.

QBs are coming in having success so if its the right QB i can see a QB coming in being successful.

That next year (2022) you will have a good amount of cap coming off the books

To me the best path is keeping Ryan... Telling him we are all in with you but you have to help us money wise (like the steelers basically told big ben).... Extend him a year or so to help the cap.... Trade that 4th pick for a good haul and build your team

But again.. The new GM and HC has options

Justin Herbert is the QB I wanted us to get for a backup until Ryan road off into the sunset..  But it didn't happen.. Herbert in just a few years may be the best QB in the NFL.. I watched him close because I had him on my FF team.. Him and Tannehill were neck and neck on there production ...  And because of them I won my FFL .. for the first time.  Started playing about three years ago.   3rd year was the Charm.  Took me that long to figure out how to win. 3 years.  

2 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Justin Herbert is the QB I wanted us to get for a backup until Ryan road off into the sunset..  But it didn't happen.. Herbert in just a few years may be the best QB in the NFL.. I watched him close because I had him on my FF team.. Him and Tannehill were neck and neck on there production ...  And because of them I won my FFL .. for the first time.  Started playing about three years ago.   3rd year was the Charm.  Took me that long to figure out how to win. 3 years.  

Whats crazy is he was the one QB aome was saying idk about.... Ive said the same thing about these QBs... It depends on the coaching and the supporting cast also...

I like Herbert but it ****sure helps to have a vet like Keenan Allen with Mike Williams withhhh Hunter Henry... Add in Ekeler as a runner and reciver

That helps man

3 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Yeah I have no interest in trading Ryan. Was just discussing the Rams trade bc some people seemed to think that the Lions got all that because Stafford is worth 2 firsts and a third, when in reality the Rams had to have someone take on the Goff contract because trading Goff cost them so much less in dead money than cutting him. What the trade really shows is teams know Goff is a bad QB, for the Rams to have to pay in draft capital to get him off their hands 

This will be further illustrated if Watson is traded this off-season, the compensation for him sure won’t match up with “Stafford is worth 2 firsts and a third” 

Detroit didn’t really take much of his contract. It’s more like a one year 25-27 M deal. They can’t cut Goff next year with 15 M spread over 3 years. Rams are in win now mode and they gave ransom for Stafford. I wouldn’t be surprised if Detroit drafts a QB this year. Worst case Goff is serviceable in 2022 with 25 M cap hit.

2 hours ago, slider said:

Any trade up that's more than about 5 spots when it's at the top of the draft would be cost prohibitive for most teams so if you take the 5 spots below the Falcons you have the Bengals, already have their QB. The Eagles, possible trade partner. The Lions, got their man. The Panthers, maybe...would they trade in division?, The Broncos, possible. Anything below here would cost too much IMO.

The Falcons already have plenty of picks in this draft but if they could secure a few more it would allow them to package picks for trade ups later in the draft to target certain guys. If they for instance could wrangle another 2nd and 3rd rounder for that 4th pick they could trade those to move back up for someone in the bottom of the first. That would give them 2 1st rounders and they still would have a 2nd and a 3rd. That's an optimum scenario I'd think.

All three of the teams above the Falcons are likely to take QB, if one doesn't, the Falcon phone starts ringing off the hook.

I’d bet money Miami won’t take a QB

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

To me the best path is keeping Ryan... Telling him we are all in with you but you have to help us money wise (like the steelers basically told big ben).... Extend him a year or so to help the cap.... Trade that 4th pick for a good haul and build your team.

Yep, surprised more Ryan supporters aren't advocating for this. If you really think he still has 3 years of SB-level play, then restructuring his contract to be able to improve the roster makes the most sense. If Ryan wants to win a Super Bowl, he will gladly agree to that. 

2 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Ahahahaha oh man I haven't seen a real life Internet Tough guy in a while! I thought that people knew how ridiculously stupid they sound pulling this schtick on the internet. So your parents are pretty tough on you huh? They take Madden away from you for the weekend for saying the F word?

To y'all that are advocating to trade Matty: why though? Why would we get rid of an MVP that was in a slump obviously because of a dysfunctional team that fired all of it's coaches? Especially considering Arthur Smith's reputation for making QBs better? Matt is a really, really good QB. You don't just trade that away because you have a high draft pick for one season. I hope we don't draft a QB, but I won't lose my mind if we do. Just as long as we don't try and do some stupid trade for an unknown entity at QB.

We are in a really great situation in this draft. Just get a contributor from any position. And then as long as they're not a complete bust, then we did good.

Edited by ATLskinjob
2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Say something stupid and then blame somebody else for it. Pretty much the epitome of society today.

Oh great.  We have another Internet Tough Guy.  Not you FF69, the bad *** man you are quoting.  Does he drive a black Humvee and kick *** in the Waffle House parking lot?  I know he scarred me.  😬

38 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

Ahahahaha oh man I haven't seen a real life Internet Tough guy in a while! I thought that people knew how ridiculously stupid they sound pulling this schtick on the internet. So your parents are pretty tough on you huh? They take Madden away from you for the weekend for saying the F word?

Man, we just come from 2 different worlds.. Please stay in your safe place, youll be alot more comfortable there

27 minutes ago, NorthGaBoy said:

Oh great.  We have another Internet Tough Guy.  Not you FF69, the bad *** man you are quoting.  Does he drive a black Humvee and kick *** in the Waffle House parking lot?  I know he scarred me.  😬

Im sure you bag groceries at Kroger and you feel like thats a hard days work.. Keep doing you man

2 hours ago, atljbo said:

Whats crazy is he was the one QB aome was saying idk about.... Ive said the same thing about these QBs... It depends on the coaching and the supporting cast also...

I like Herbert but it ****sure helps to have a vet like Keenan Allen with Mike Williams withhhh Hunter Henry... Add in Ekeler as a runner and reciver

That helps man

True,, but it's much harder to get a great QB than a WR, RB, or a TE.  It's much easier to evaluate other players.. But it's really hard to know if a  QB can play in the NFL because of all he has to know and , how quick can he process a play.. And then does he have all the gifts needed to be a QB in the NFL.  They sure don't grow on trees.. 

4 hours ago, slider said:

After what they gave up already I don't think they'll trade up to do it though.

Lions didn't give up anything. Stafford wanted out and the Lions agreed on his request. They could very well be looking to trade up and sit someone behind Goff for a year like how some here want the Falcons to do with a rookie behind Ryan.