Jump to content

Falcon fans need to stop living in the past


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Says falcons fans needs to move on but always brings up past games and seasons to complain about the fans. Sounds about right.  

I haven't watched a Falcons game in two years.  Quinn lost me.  DK lost me.  The whole plan for the team was dead.  I was upset with Mr. Blank for allowing the ****show to continue. MR isn't our

Boy Matt ain't going no where this season

Posted Images

Just now, Herr Doktor said:

I wasn't sure whether to laugh, cry, be afraid or thank you.  Thanks it is.

I just get tired of the same crap. I come here to talk football to kill time during the day and there's no football talk happening. Every day there's 600 new "Matt Ryan sucks" threads. It's nearly as bad as the Vick days. We need a Matt Ryan only forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I just get tired of the same crap. I come here to talk football to kill time during the day and there's no football talk happening. Every day there's 600 new "Matt Ryan sucks" threads. It's nearly as bad as the Vick days. We need a Matt Ryan only forum.

The flame wars.  Vick was a very divisive figure, whether his intent to not.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Yes. 2018 called and said look at what Matt Ryan can do without Kyle. But nope, only 2016 matters to you people. Kyle Shanahan did not make Matt Ryan. Anyone that thinks that is a ******* dumb***!!

He made him a MVP . .. Also ,  am I missing something ?? Did Ryan win MVP in 2018 ? Ryan won MVP once in his career . And it just so happens KS was his Off Cord ... But I'm sure that was only a coincidence ... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2021 at 2:14 AM, jj00100 said:

I'm sorry folks,  but our chance at a superbowl and our window closed real quick once we lost the 28-3 lead.  Yet it seems everyone in here still thinks we can get there again and win it all with an aging Matt Ryan at the helm. 3 straight seasons of not making playoffs but people on here keep sticking up for him. Why is everyone in here living in this fantasy world?

Ok..maybe we can make the playoffs a few more times with Matt, but we're not winning a superbowl with Matt... I'm not accepting playoffs and being happy with our season...I know as atlantans we've been molded to accept great seasons and it's ok not to win it all (ex. Braves going to the post season 14 straight seasons and winning only 1 world series)....but picking a qb at #4 would be ludicrous??? Y?!!!!! U guys are way too loyal and are blinded by it...I know because I used to be the same as you every year... until I stopped watching the falcons every Sunday for the first time in 23 years this past season. I'm not going to lie, I felt relieved , i finally enjoyed my Sundays and didn't waste it..it was like a divorce that had to happen for my health and sanity.  Starting the season losing the first 6 games was it? Blowing leads like 28-3... Watching Matt Ryan get sacked all the time cause he can't get away from pressure.. watching him get mad all the time...Same crap as last season only we didn't win meaningless games.  It's the same script every year yet people are brain washed to thinking this is the year...no more prolonging...Just let it go fellas... it's fine to move on and it's ok, Matt Ryan will be fine... and we will be fine moving on

So we can’t go back to pre 2008 and jump up and down about our 8 playoff apperences in the previous 42 seasons 😂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

He made him a MVP . .. Also ,  am I missing something ?? Did Ryan win MVP in 2018 ? Ryan won MVP once in his career . And it just so happens KS was his Off Cord ... But I'm sure that was only a coincidence ... 

Ryan's numbers for 2018 were nearly identical and he did it with a ton of injuries and absolutely no run game and one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Had the Falcons won that year Ryan would have finished top 5 in MVP voting. Matt Ryan was a great QB before Kyle Shanahan and a great QB after Kyle Shanahan. That is a fact that cannot be disputed. If MVP is the goal standard then Drew Brees is chop liver since he has NEVER won MVP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2021 at 8:14 AM, jj00100 said:

I'm sorry folks,  but our chance at a superbowl and our window closed real quick once we lost the 28-3 lead.  Yet it seems everyone in here still thinks we can get there again and win it all with an aging Matt Ryan at the helm. 3 straight seasons of not making playoffs but people on here keep sticking up for him. Why is everyone in here living in this fantasy world?

Ok..maybe we can make the playoffs a few more times with Matt, but we're not winning a superbowl with Matt... I'm not accepting playoffs and being happy with our season...I know as atlantans we've been molded to accept great seasons and it's ok not to win it all (ex. Braves going to the post season 14 straight seasons and winning only 1 world series)....but picking a qb at #4 would be ludicrous??? Y?!!!!! U guys are way too loyal and are blinded by it...I know because I used to be the same as you every year... until I stopped watching the falcons every Sunday for the first time in 23 years this past season. I'm not going to lie, I felt relieved , i finally enjoyed my Sundays and didn't waste it..it was like a divorce that had to happen for my health and sanity.  Starting the season losing the first 6 games was it? Blowing leads like 28-3... Watching Matt Ryan get sacked all the time cause he can't get away from pressure.. watching him get mad all the time...Same crap as last season only we didn't win meaningless games.  It's the same script every year yet people are brain washed to thinking this is the year...no more prolonging...Just let it go fellas... it's fine to move on and it's ok, Matt Ryan will be fine... and we will be fine moving on

We can win a Superbowl with Matt. We can win a Superbowl with a Cat in the Hat. We can win a Superbowl with a QB younger or older than Matt. We can win, even if they are fat. We can win a Superbowl with a rookie. We could win with a broken cookie. We can win with the man on the moon. We can win...but maybe not real soon.

You have to look more than one position deep to win a championship. Matt is neither essential to victory nor standing in the way of it.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, falcndave said:

We can win a Superbowl with Matt. We can win a Superbowl with a Cat in the Hat. We can win a Superbowl with a QB younger or older than Matt. We can win, even if they are fat. We can win a Superbowl with a rookie. We could win with a broken cookie. We can win with the man on the moon. We can win...but maybe not real soon.

You have to look more than one position deep to win a championship. Matt is neither essential to victory nor standing in the way of it.

 

 

As the most vocal pro Matt guy on this particular thread, this is absolutely true.  I may be a homer, but I'm a realist and a team guy.  The Falcons need to build a total team.  AS won with Ryan Freaking Tannehill.  Says a lot to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2021 at 11:27 AM, dodge_birds_fan said:

We're you on the boards in 07 and 08? It was a racial dumpster fire both ways! I hope we never go back to those days. It was awful. 

I've been here for a long time but I don't really remember being here for the switch over from Vick to Ryan so luckily I must've missed all of that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm down with a trade down to select our fucha QB.  Texas homer here, I'd love to see Sam Ehlinger brought in.  Mac Jones is growing on me like a persistant fungus.  And for giggles I'd like Crum in the sixth.  

However, if the Falcons brain trust go QB at 4, my rather limited information shows me that I like Wilson a hair better than Fields, and weirdly, Lance more than Wilson.  Who knew?  YouTube for the win.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RYNE said:

I actually agree, I’ve been saying this. 
 

They need to stop this “win now” mentality. That’s what got us in this poor situation.
 

This team isn’t close. They need to develop a plan for a couple years to rebuild this team properly. 

I totally agree with you. Question ..would you go quarterback at number four if Wilson is there ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

I totally agree with you. Question ..would you go quarterback at number four if Wilson is there ??

In a heart beat. I’m ready to move on. Love Matt Ryan. Love Julio. But it’s time in my opinion. 
 

My first 2 picks would be Zach Wilson and I would move back up into the first and get Najee Harris. I would bring in a whole new era in 1 draft. 
 

To be honest, I’m really liking Mac Jones as well. I wouldn’t take him at 4 but If we traded and got a kings ransom of picks I wouldn’t be mad. I was skeptical of him because of all the talent around him, but he makes great decisions and can make all the throws. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, falcndave said:

We can win a Superbowl with Matt. We can win a Superbowl with a Cat in the Hat. We can win a Superbowl with a QB younger or older than Matt. We can win, even if they are fat. We can win a Superbowl with a rookie. We could win with a broken cookie. We can win with the man on the moon. We can win...but maybe not real soon.

You have to look more than one position deep to win a championship. Matt is neither essential to victory nor standing in the way of it.

I'm knocking off 5 points for not mentioning Warren Moon after your sentence about the man on the moon. But otherwise, Dr. Seuss would be proud.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2021 at 9:08 AM, Herr Doktor said:

Like I said, I don't care if we take a QB.  Shoot, I hope we take two.  I just hate the immense hatred for a guy whos showed up week after week and gets nothing but vitriol.

I know we have to move on.  I agree we need to draft a future QB.  But I'm sick of the blatant disrespect and outright hate.

It’s not hate ... other fanbases don’t look at him as elite go ask 49er or Bears fans if they want MR sure he’s better than what they currently got but the top 4 QBs in this draft have a way higher upside than MR if we can move on we need to 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

It’s not hate ... other fanbases don’t look at him as elite go ask 49er or Bears fans if they want MR sure he’s better than what they currently got but the top 4 QBs in this draft have a way higher upside than MR if we can move on we need to 

Matt is elite.  He's HOF.  We cannot move along.  And drafting his eventual replacement makes sense.  No kid will play to his level and have his command of the NFL game right away.  To say so is crazy.  

In the end, we still have a better chance to win with MR2.  AND will so for the next year or two. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JetJones11 said:

It’s not hate ... other fanbases don’t look at him as elite go ask 49er or Bears fans if they want MR sure he’s better than what they currently got but the top 4 QBs in this draft have a way higher upside than MR if we can move on we need to 

So he's only elite if other fans want him. Huh?

And likely half the top 4 will never come close to doing what MR has done already. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time this thread is posted (Which is about three times a day it feels like), I just think ahead to how everybody will be mystified when Ryan is suddenly a top tier QB again now that we have a real coach calling the shots. The same thing that happened between Kyle's first and second season with us as our OC. 

It'll be good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JetJones11 said:

It’s not hate ... other fanbases don’t look at him as elite go ask 49er or Bears fans if they want MR sure he’s better than what they currently got but the top 4 QBs in this draft have a way higher upside than MR if we can move on we need to 

Who gives a **** what other fan bases think? That's the stupidest ******* argument anyone has come up with yet as a "reason" to get rid of Matt Ryan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lornoth said:

Every time this thread is posted (Which is about three times a day it feels like), I just think ahead to how everybody will be mystified when Ryan is suddenly a top tier QB again now that we have a real coach calling the shots. The same thing that happened between Kyle's first and second season with us as our OC. 

It'll be good. 

Or maybe they should actually go back and watch the ******* games from 2020 without their haterade glasses on and realize that Matt Ryan is still a really good QB despite the circumstances he was dealing with last year. He had 4 really awful games all season and they all came in a row right after the bye week. Most QBs have 3 or 4 really bad games every year. Earlier during the 2020 season Tom Brady was compared to Sam Darnold after stinking it up during a MNF loss. Brady stunk it up against the Saints and HIS TEAM won. Brady laid an egg in the second half against the Packers and HIS TEAM won. I just don't understand how it's all Matt Ryan's fault the Falcons have been **** the last 3 years. I just don't ******* get it. No other HOF QB has ever been treated this poorly. Elway wasn't treated like this by Broncos fans in the early 90s when the Broncos were stinking up the show. Marino didn't have to deal with this when the Dolphins had a few down years. Rodgers didn't have to deal with this when the Packers had a few down years. Brees wasn't treated like this when the Saints went 7-9 in 4 years out of 5. None of them were treated like total garbage by their own fan base. Matt Ryan deserves way more respect than he gets from his own fan base. Who gives a **** what other fan bases think of him. His own fan base should be able to realize how great Matt Ryan has been to this franchise and how he leaves it all on the field every game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...