Falcon fans need to stop living in the past

1 hour ago, egoprime II said:

*sigh*  Ok.  I'll bite.

In your opinion.....What QB out there....has the butt we need.....to win a Super Bowl?   Rookie or vet, that's -available-?

Take your time.  The draft is in three months.  🙄😜😱

NOTE:  this post, is not a serious post.... it is not a criticism of the OP.    I maintain that no post about QB's butts can be taken seriously.  Please do not take it that way.   Kudoes to you, Falcons_Frenzy, for bringing some humor to the boards?  I tried to add to it, is all.   🙂

I hate to sat it, but Tom Brady probably has a nice butt. Why else would Gisele stay with him? Not to mention he takes about 1/10 the punishment Matt Ryan does and hardly ever get knocked on his butt. 

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Says falcons fans needs to move on but always brings up past games and seasons to complain about the fans. Sounds about right.  

I haven't watched a Falcons game in two years.  Quinn lost me.  DK lost me.  The whole plan for the team was dead.  I was upset with Mr. Blank for allowing the ****show to continue. MR isn't our

Boy Matt ain't going no where this season

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

I hate to sat it, but Tom Brady probably has a nice butt. Why else would Gisele stay with him? Not to mention he takes about 1/10 the punishment Matt Ryan does and hardly ever get knocked on his butt. 

I find your reasoning, wisdom and logic to be....unmatched.   Clearly, your understanding and expertise of the QB Butt issue far exceeds mine, or anyone elses.   Your are the expert of QB posteriors.   I bow to you, sir.  😁

There is one important question that needs to be answered, that apparently only you are qualified to address.....

Whose  posterior is better....Tom Brady's....or Captain America's?

The message boards, and the entire country, wants to know.......😜

I don't buy the narrative here. The OP says that picking up a QB at 4 is ludicrous as if everyone who wants to hold onto Matt feels that way. 

Picking a QB at 4 and making one last run with MR are not exclusive of one another, especially if that QB picked is someone like Lance who would benefit tremendously from learning from MR for a couple of seasons. During that time we would have an opportunity to make one last run.

To buy this spin that we must dump MR right now is to say you think out best chance to win a SB the soonest is to dump MR and take our chances with an unproven commodity. I don't buy that and would rather see us compete immediately with a proven QB while also having an eye for 3+ years down the road and the next era. 

4 hours ago, jj00100 said:

It's ok to part ways,  what's wrong with it?? he had a good career here. Let's all make a fresh start

Who doesn't know it's ok to part ways!? Teams(including the Falcons)move on from players EVERY SEASON... Might not be the players YOU want them to move on from, but it is what it is.

18 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

I don't buy the narrative here. The OP says that picking up a QB at 4 is ludicrous as if everyone who wants to hold onto Matt feels that way. 

Picking a QB at 4 and making one last run with MR are not exclusive of one another, especially if that QB picked is someone like Lance who would benefit tremendously from learning from MR for a couple of seasons. During that time we would have an opportunity to make one last run.

To buy this spin that we must dump MR right now is to say you think out best chance to win a SB the soonest is to dump MR and take our chances with an unproven commodity. I don't buy that and would rather see us compete immediately with a proven QB while also having an eye for 3+ years down the road and the next era. 

I like the general premise of this but there is no way I would draft Lance at 4. Trade down and pick up your QB a little later with one of the pics you got in the trade down. I may be in the minority but I think there is QB talent slightly later in the draft that could be gotten along with extra picks. 

2 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Not happening anytime soon . New coach , new GM, new offense, new defense, new players coming , some players going, a new QB ... JK ... anyways , we got some growing pains ahead 

Wanna bet?

You folks truly have no clue how much Quinn/Koetter and lack of a RB held this team back.

5 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

Honestly bro, I haven't.  I'm in school, and there is little time for football.  Plus, I gave up watching the Quinn ****show two years ago.  Its not good for my nerves and heart to watch raging ineptitude.

I'm in the same boat. I gave up watching after they brought DK back... I knew it was going to be asinine.

40 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

I like the general premise of this but there is no way I would draft Lance at 4. Trade down and pick up your QB a little later with one of the pics you got in the trade down. I may be in the minority but I think there is QB talent slightly later in the draft that could be gotten along with extra picks. 

And, there is no way Lance is available at 4.

1 hour ago, egoprime II said:

I find your reasoning, wisdom and logic to be....unmatched.   Clearly, your understanding and expertise of the QB Butt issue far exceeds mine, or anyone elses.   Your are the expert of QB posteriors.   I bow to you, sir.  😁

There is one important question that needs to be answered, that apparently only you are qualified to address.....

Whose  posterior is better....Tom Brady's....or Captain America's?

The message boards, and the entire country, wants to know.......😜

Without question or hesitation Tom Brady all the way. 

1 hour ago, marvinthemartian said:

That's fine as well... maybe you drop down and get Jones. The point in regards to the OP that we don't have to move on from MR immediately to prepare for the future, and moving on immediately doesn't guarantee a better chance of success than making one last run with him.

8 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

We finish no better then 500 next year , with Matt Ryan . If you think the only problem we had last year was coaching, then I believe you totally overestimate the talent on this team. 

Okay Casper.

1 hour ago, NorthGaBoy said:

Will these Ryan haters be in hiding next off-season?

They’ll go Poof like a ghost.

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Okay Casper.

They’ll go Poof like a ghost.

So if I don't think Matt Ryan's at the same level as a Tom Brady, then that makes me a Ryan hater ?????? What if I was a fan of Ryan, but believes he is past his prime, that he's been on the decline for the last 3 years... Does that make me a Ryan hater ?? Exactly what qualifies me to be a Ryan hater ??? 

9 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

Like I said, I don't care if we take a QB.  Shoot, I hope we take two.  I just hate the immense hatred for a guy whos showed up week after week and gets nothing but vitriol.

I know we have to move on.  I agree we need to draft a future QB.  But I'm sick of the blatant disrespect and outright hate.

Hey, I have a copyright on the use of the word “vitriol”! But you make good points. 

10 hours ago, jj00100 said:

I'm sorry folks,  but our chance at a superbowl and our window closed real quick once we lost the 28-3 lead.  Yet it seems everyone in here still thinks we can get there again and win it all with an aging Matt Ryan at the helm. 3 straight seasons of not making playoffs but people on here keep sticking up for him. Why is everyone in here living in this fantasy world?

Ok..maybe we can make the playoffs a few more times with Matt, but we're not winning a superbowl with Matt... I'm not accepting playoffs and being happy with our season...I know as atlantans we've been molded to accept great seasons and it's ok not to win it all (ex. Braves going to the post season 14 straight seasons and winning only 1 world series)....but picking a qb at #4 would be ludicrous??? Y?!!!!! U guys are way too loyal and are blinded by it...I know because I used to be the same as you every year... until I stopped watching the falcons every Sunday for the first time in 23 years this past season. I'm not going to lie, I felt relieved , i finally enjoyed my Sundays and didn't waste it..it was like a divorce that had to happen for my health and sanity.  Starting the season losing the first 6 games was it? Blowing leads like 28-3... Watching Matt Ryan get sacked all the time cause he can't get away from pressure.. watching him get mad all the time...Same crap as last season only we didn't win meaningless games.  It's the same script every year yet people are brain washed to thinking this is the year...no more prolonging...Just let it go fellas... it's fine to move on and it's ok, Matt Ryan will be fine... and we will be fine moving on

Who's living in the past...we have a new coach with an offensive back ground who now has an MVP QB to take the team back to the SB. WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD! 

17 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

How so ??

Shanny’s offense was taken to Tennessee by LaFleur. After LaFluer installed it, he got a promotion to HC the Pack and Vrabel (Tennessee’s HC) told Arthur Smith he would be promoted to OC as long as he kept LaFleur’s (Shanny’s) system. So the offense Smith has ran for the past two years, the offensive system he brings here, is LaFluer’s (Shanny’s). 

That’s how. 🙂

16 hours ago, Flyin' In DC said:

I don't think picking a QB at 4 does anything for this team over the next couple of years. There are way too many pressing issues that need to be addressed. I would love to trade back and get extra picks but thats you need a partner. A corner, edge rusher, running back, safety and guard. 

I think Matt has another couple of good years left and with a competent defense and run game I have complete faith in his ability to get the Falcons to the Superbowl. 

The franchise does need to consider someone to take over at QB soon but to say let's just move on because he's 36 is crazy

The fact that Matt Ryan has a couple of good years left is exactly why we should draft a QB this year. It doesn’t have to be at 4 though. I think Trask or Mac Jones would be good fits for Arthur Smith’s system and I believe he could develop them into legit starters while we ride out Matt’s contract over the next 2-3 years. 

On 1/31/2021 at 8:45 AM, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Did SF get there without KS ?? Did Ryan get there without KS ?? Has Ryan played anywhere close to the level he did with KS after KS left ??

Yes. 2018 called and said look at what Matt Ryan can do without Kyle. But nope, only 2016 matters to you people. Kyle Shanahan did not make Matt Ryan. Anyone that thinks that is a ******* dumb***!!