Falcon fans need to stop living in the past

2 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

So you draft a top 5 QB and sit him 2 years while Matt Ryan continues to suck and not get us to the Superbowl 

So what do you suggest?? Wait till Ryan is gone then draft a quarterback ? Starting day one cuz we have no other quarterback, let him get killed or hurt ? No really dude what would you suggest??

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Says falcons fans needs to move on but always brings up past games and seasons to complain about the fans. Sounds about right.  

I haven't watched a Falcons game in two years.  Quinn lost me.  DK lost me.  The whole plan for the team was dead.  I was upset with Mr. Blank for allowing the ****show to continue. MR isn't our

Boy Matt ain't going no where this season

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

So what do you suggest?? Wait till Ryan is gone then draft a quarterback ? Starting day one cuz we have no other quarterback, let him get killed or hurt ? No really dude what would you suggest??

I wouldn't be mad at getting a QB to sit for a year or two to learn. It sucks to tie up high draft capital in a bended QB but such is life

2 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Build a team around the QB, then when the QB retires let the team support and carry the rookie QB. Drafting QB as backups for two years will take the building the team few years. Falcons need to get out of building from top down. Build a good team first instead of spending all the draft and cap hit on one position.

Just now, falcons007 said:

Build a team around the QB, then when the QB retires let the team support and carry the rookie QB. Drafting QB as backups for two years will take the building the team few years. Falcons need to get out of building from top down. Build a good team first instead of spending all the draft and cap hit on one position.

I'm hoping the combine/ pro days sets up some good defense picks in the 1st

1 minute ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

I said that the team needs to start looking for a replacement in my original response. Taking one at 4 this year to me, in my opinion, makes no sense.  

This whole thread was started the premise that Ryan is washed up. Basically he is all the problems of the Falcons. Also, in my opinion, furthest thing from the truth. 

Smith turned Tanehill in to a really good QB. Think what he can do for a QB that is far more talented than that

5 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

So you draft a top 5 QB and sit him 2 years while Matt Ryan continues to suck and not get us to the Superbowl 

I think if Ryan was not a cap issue, then it would be an almost certainty he would be gone this off-season. He is a cap problem right now and that is not going away, so he plays in Atlanta in 2021. That is just reality, unless we really do get legit offers on him, and if you do...what do that one guy always post Stateline or something along those lines. One year of cap ****, does not outweigh the potential gained for the next 3-5, and if Blanks "winning now" mandate belies that, then he will continue to hinder the long term success of this team.

2 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Trade the statue, noodle arm, and no butt for three 1st rounders and let's draft a track star, cannon arm, nice butt QB!!! I haven't been good at madden online since Vick left!!!!!!!

/S

*sigh*  Ok.  I'll bite.

In your opinion.....What QB out there....has the butt we need.....to win a Super Bowl?   Rookie or vet, that's -available-?

Take your time.  The draft is in three months.  🙄😜😱

NOTE:  this post, is not a serious post.... it is not a criticism of the OP.    I maintain that no post about QB's butts can be taken seriously.  Please do not take it that way.   Kudoes to you, Falcons_Frenzy, for bringing some humor to the boards?  I tried to add to it, is all.   🙂

Edited by egoprime II
1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Is Kyle shanahan coming back? 

Smith made Tannehill, a career average to below average QB, to a top five QB both years he was there.  Meanwhile Dirk made almost every player on our offense look actively worse.  If you don’t think Ryan, and frankly the whole offense, takes a giant leap next year, you aren’t looking at the right things or just aren’t paying attention.  Not sure he will put up MVP numbers, but could easily replicate 2018.

32 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

Just watch the first three quarters and I promise everything in your life will be fine. 

Bro I've been over that game. I've watched the whole thing at least 10 times since it happened.

Unlike many here I'm able to move on. Easy to do after suffering through 50 years of Falcon ball.

1 minute ago, egoprime II said:

*sigh*  Ok.  I'll bite.

In your opinion.....What QB out there....has the butt we need.....to win a Super Bowl?   Rookie or vet, that's -available-?

Take your time.  The draft is in three months.  🙄

The “/S” at the bottom of his post implies sarcasm.

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Bro I've been over that game. I've watched the whole thing at least 10 times since it happened.

Unlike many here I'm able to move on. Easy to do after suffering through 50 years of Falcon ball.

Same.  Well, 30 years for me, but point still stands.  Pair that with 25 ish years of Browns football and you get pretty good at relishing in the good moments while expecting the worst possible thing to happen at any given moment.  

2 hours ago, jj00100 said:

I'm sorry folks,  but our chance at a superbowl and our window closed real quick once we lost the 28-3 lead.  Yet it seems everyone in here still thinks we can get there again and win it all with an aging Matt Ryan at the helm. 3 straight seasons of not making playoffs but people on here keep sticking up for him. Why is everyone in here living in this fantasy world?

Ok..maybe we can make the playoffs a few more times with Matt, but we're not winning a superbowl with Matt... I'm not accepting playoffs and being happy with our season...I know as atlantans we've been molded to accept great seasons and it's ok not to win it all (ex. Braves going to the post season 14 straight seasons and winning only 1 world series)....but picking a qb at #4 would be ludicrous??? Y?!!!!! U guys are way too loyal and are blinded by it...I know because I used to be the same as you every year... until I stopped watching the falcons every Sunday for the first time in 23 years this past season. I'm not going to lie, I felt relieved , i finally enjoyed my Sundays and didn't waste it..it was like a divorce that had to happen for my health and sanity.  Starting the season losing the first 6 games was it? Blowing leads like 28-3... Watching Matt Ryan get sacked all the time cause he can't get away from pressure.. watching him get mad all the time...Same crap as last season only we didn't win meaningless games.  It's the same script every year yet people are brain washed to thinking this is the year...no more prolonging...Just let it go fellas... it's fine to move on and it's ok, Matt Ryan will be fine... and we will be fine moving on

Seems like you’re the one stuck in the past. Some of us are excited about the new regime and look forward to see what they do this offseason to return this team to playoffs. 

27,771 Yards

162 TDs

79 INTs

66.7 Completion %

W-L Record: 36-59

These are Matt Ryan's Numbers during our our 6 worst seasons since he's been here.

27,996 Yards

185 TDs

79 INTs

W-L Record: 77-33

113-92 Overall.

His numbers has been pretty much consistent, whether we did good or bad.

Verdict: it's time for change. 

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Seems like you’re the one stuck in the past. Some of us are excited about the new regime and look forward to see what they do this offseason to return this team to playoffs. 

Not happening anytime soon . New coach , new GM, new offense, new defense, new players coming , some players going, a new QB ... JK ... anyways , we got some growing pains ahead 

3 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Not happening anytime soon . New coach , new GM, new offense, new defense, new players coming , some players going, a new QB ... JK ... anyways , we got some growing pains ahead 

Absolutely! I'm not a Pollyanna that thinks we're going 19-0 next year lol I think we could make playoffs next year. I'm excited for the changes, in ready to see the growth and development of the team

Edited by dodge_birds_fan
7 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

27,771 Yards

162 TDs

79 INTs

66.7 Completion %

These are Matt Ryan's Numbers during our our 6 worst seasons since he's been here.

27,996 Yards

185 TDs

79 INTs

113-92 Overall.

That clearly shows he is not the problem. The problem/variable is some where else when your QB worst season is ceiling for most of the starting QB in the NFL. 

9 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

27,771 Yards

162 TDs

79 INTs

66.7 Completion %

27,996 Yards

185 TDs

79 INTs

113-92 Overall.

Yeah lets give Matt Ryan a defense and ride it til the wheels fall off. Thats what im seeing from the staff