Falcon fans need to stop living in the past

4 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Like I said, I don't care if we take a QB.  Shoot, I hope we take two.  I just hate the immense hatred for a guy whos showed up week after week and gets nothing but vitriol.

I know we have to move on.  I agree we need to draft a future QB.  But I'm sick of the blatant disrespect and outright hate.

I agree with the hate part, makes no sense to me. Ryan has/is a warrior and will always be so in my mind and is still top 15 in the league. I'm in the school that Ryan/Jones era is simply over due to age and other factors. I personally believe there is no chance of the superbowl over the next 2 years(spare me the statically anomalies like the 9-7 Giants we hear every season from the never say die crowd), so I don't see a point in trying to band-aid this for the 5th straight year and simply expect a 180 because of a coach that nobody on this forum most likely knew existed 1 year ago. 

Remember, the incredible off-season from last year..lol. Just killed it in every way, plus the continuity of Quinn, and the momentum of the "resurgent" 19' team, it was all but guaranteed to be a 3 team race in the NFC South. How did that workout and how were the posters that said we would still suck, treated last offseason? Point is nobody knows squat and if their prediction come true, it's more luck than knowledge, this poster included!

I think/hope Smith will do a great job, just hate the situation he is saddled with, but that's on him.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Says falcons fans needs to move on but always brings up past games and seasons to complain about the fans. Sounds about right.  

I haven't watched a Falcons game in two years.  Quinn lost me.  DK lost me.  The whole plan for the team was dead.  I was upset with Mr. Blank for allowing the ****show to continue. MR isn't our

Boy Matt ain't going no where this season

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Herr Doktor said:

I haven't watched a Falcons game in two years.  Quinn lost me.  DK lost me.  The whole plan for the team was dead.  I was upset with Mr. Blank for allowing the ****show to continue.

MR isn't our problem.  I hope that we draft a new QB to shut everyone up.  The constant hate for MR2 is disturbing.  And frankly he doesn't deserve it.  There are days I wish we could trade him to a winning franchise so he could get his ring.  

I was secretly hoping he would go to the patriots and win 2 superbowls.

1 hour ago, jj00100 said:

I'm sorry folks,  but our chance at a superbowl and our window closed real quick once we lost the 28-3 lead.  Yet it seems everyone in here still thinks we can get there again and win it all with an aging Matt Ryan at the helm. 3 straight seasons of not making playoffs but people on here keep sticking up for him. Why is everyone in here living in this fantasy world?

Ok..maybe we can make the playoffs a few more times with Matt, but we're not winning a superbowl with Matt... I'm not accepting playoffs and being happy with our season...I know as atlantans we've been molded to accept great seasons and it's ok not to win it all (ex. Braves going to the post season 14 straight seasons and winning only 1 world series)....but picking a qb at #4 would be ludicrous??? Y?!!!!! U guys are way too loyal and are blinded by it...I know because I used to be the same as you every year... until I stopped watching the falcons every Sunday for the first time in 23 years this past season. I'm not going to lie, I felt relieved , i finally enjoyed my Sundays and didn't waste it..it was like a divorce that had to happen for my health and sanity.  Starting the season losing the first 6 games was it? Blowing leads like 28-3... Watching Matt Ryan get sacked all the time cause he can't get away from pressure.. watching him get mad all the time...Same crap as last season only we didn't win meaningless games.  It's the same script every year yet people are brain washed to thinking this is the year...no more prolonging...Just let it go fellas... it's fine to move on and it's ok, Matt Ryan will be fine... and we will be fine moving on

Speaking of the past the SB33 review is on NFLN right now. SB51 is comin up at 6:30 ET.

1 minute ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

I think they both needed each other to get there. Shanahan couldn't get there before Ryan. And with SF they went running the ball

Did SF get there without KS ?? Did Ryan get there without KS ?? Has Ryan played anywhere close to the level he did with KS after KS left ?? 

1 hour ago, jj00100 said:

I'm sorry folks,  but our chance at a superbowl and our window closed real quick once we lost the 28-3 lead.  Yet it seems everyone in here still thinks we can get there again and win it all with an aging Matt Ryan at the helm. 3 straight seasons of not making playoffs but people on here keep sticking up for him. Why is everyone in here living in this fantasy world?

Ok..maybe we can make the playoffs a few more times with Matt, but we're not winning a superbowl with Matt... I'm not accepting playoffs and being happy with our season...I know as atlantans we've been molded to accept great seasons and it's ok not to win it all (ex. Braves going to the post season 14 straight seasons and winning only 1 world series)....but picking a qb at #4 would be ludicrous??? Y?!!!!! U guys are way too loyal and are blinded by it...I know because I used to be the same as you every year... until I stopped watching the falcons every Sunday for the first time in 23 years this past season. I'm not going to lie, I felt relieved , i finally enjoyed my Sundays and didn't waste it..it was like a divorce that had to happen for my health and sanity.  Starting the season losing the first 6 games was it? Blowing leads like 28-3... Watching Matt Ryan get sacked all the time cause he can't get away from pressure.. watching him get mad all the time...Same crap as last season only we didn't win meaningless games.  It's the same script every year yet people are brain washed to thinking this is the year...no more prolonging...Just let it go fellas... it's fine to move on and it's ok, Matt Ryan will be fine... and we will be fine moving on

Y'all said this **** in 2015 too 

1 minute ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Lol ..nope . Close though ...and remember. They were trying to mimic KS offense.... Btw, did Ryan get the MVP award under Sark? Did ATL make it to the Super bowl with Sark ..... Nice try though ...A+ for effort 

You literally said when did he get close. And then when someone said when he got close. You said nope

2 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Lol ..nope . Close though ...and remember. They were trying to mimic KS offense.... Btw, did Ryan get the MVP award under Sark? Did ATL make it to the Super bowl with Sark ..... Nice try though ...A+ for effort 

This was your question..."Has Ryan played anywhere close to the level he did with KS after KS left ??"  You're an idiot. 

2 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

You have your head buried in the sand, sir. Your post wreak of agenda, so good luck with that. 

8 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Did SF get there without KS ?? Did Ryan get there without KS ?? Has Ryan played anywhere close to the level he did with KS after KS left ?? 

Ryan has been the definition of consistency. Even years that were down for him have been above average. I did see some lapses last year, but I'm willing to chalk that up to the dud who was calling and scheming plays. I mean if you want to talk about decline, look at those ducks that brady was throwing up against GB. anything over 25yds was a crapshoot. And he's still in the sb.

I don't think picking a QB at 4 does anything for this team over the next couple of years. There are way too many pressing issues that need to be addressed. I would love to trade back and get extra picks but thats you need a partner. A corner, edge rusher, running back, safety and guard. 

I think Matt has another couple of good years left and with a competent defense and run game I have complete faith in his ability to get the Falcons to the Superbowl. 

The franchise does need to consider someone to take over at QB soon but to say let's just move on because he's 36 is crazy

Edited by Flyin' In DC
2 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Ryan has been the definition of consistency. Even years that were down for him have been above average. I did see some lapses last year, but I'm willing to chalk that up to the dud who was calling and scheming plays. I mean if you want to talk about decline, look at those ducks that brady was throwing up against GB. anything over 25yds was a crapshoot. And he's still in the sb.

Dude don't even mention Ryan in the same breath as Brady. That's when you lose total credibility. 

1 minute ago, Williamb said:

Thank you  for your post . This explains completely you Ryan homers. Comparing aquarterback who's about to go to his tenth super bowl with Matt Ryan. Yeah Brady's in decline and Matt Ryan's only getting better. It's comical.