Falcon fans need to stop living in the past

11 hours ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Much as people didn't want to admit it this teams downfall was DQ. Everyone now realizes this too be true. Another thing people don't want to admit or fail to realize is Matt Ryan is NOT the problem. This is real life not a video game. This isn't a copycat league where the wheel gets reinvented every off season. Drafting Justin Fields will have us picking in the top 5 the next 3 seasons. Trading for Watson cripples this franchise and takes us back 15 years. How TF Tampa Bay winning with Brady, N.O. with Brees, Indy with Rivers, Pitts with Big Ben, all these QBs who are older then Matt still have winning teams. None of the QBs in the draft or better then Ryan, there is no free agent QB better then Ryan. If you’re unable to support the team because YOU don't LIKE our QB then pick another team. Go bandwagon the Chiefs

Matt isn’t the problem ... but is he the solution ? You pay your QB 150 million to be the solution and cover all the other deficiencies...

Just now, JetJones11 said:

Matt isn’t the problem ... but is he the solution ? You pay your QB 150 million to be the solution and cover all the other deficiencies...

No QB does that. Why is that so difficult for you to understand? Aaron Rodgers isn't winning games on his own. Drew Brees isn't winning games on his own. Tom Brady has never won games on his own!! The fact that you believe any QB can cover up for a bad team and bad coaching shows that you have absolutely no football IQ.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

No QB does that. Why is that so difficult for you to understand? Aaron Rodgers isn't winning games on his own. Drew Brees isn't winning games on his own. Tom Brady has never won games on his own!! The fact that you believe any QB can cover up for a bad team and bad coaching shows that you have absolutely no football IQ.

Dont show them facts. They wont understand. 

58 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Now you have to resort to a team stat to put down Matt Ryan!!! Thank you very much for proving my point that you have the football IQ of a rock!!!

Trent Dilfer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dan Marino

Brad Johnson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dan Fouts

See how stupid you look??? Oh wait, you probably don't know who Dan Marino or Dan Fouts is.

Oh I get it now.  Ryan is every bit the quarterback Brady is, minus the 6 Super Bowl Rings. Glad that's settled.  I'm ready to sign Matt on for another 6 years now.   And to juxtapose team vs individual play, did Brady single handedly have anything to do with the win over Atl in SB?  Did he do everything...and I mean everything just to perfection in order for them to win?  Or did you chalk that up to a team stat?  Think Matt could've duplicated the same exact thing to get that result?  You have your answer.

As a matter of fact, Ryan lost the three most important games he ever played.  He left his team at the twelve yard line in the 2012 nfccg against San Fran.  Left his team on the field at SB when he was as useless as tits on a bull in the 4th quarter, when his team absolutely needed him to convert a third down.  And finally, he left his team at the nine yard line vs the Eagles in 2018 playoff game.  I guess that's what legends are made of.   

Edited by joeyg2033

1 hour ago, NorthGaBoy said:

If you divide it by 2 it looks even worse.  Why did you need to manipulate the statistics to make your point?

Made me laugh, but taking away the ‘outlier’ seasons is a way to find a player’s more accurate middle ground.

All that said, those aren’t bad numbers 🤷🏿‍♂️

13 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

Oh I get it now.  Ryan is every bit the quarterback Brady is, minus the 6 Super Bowl Rings. Glad that's settled.  I'm ready to sign Matt on for another 6 years now.   And to juxtapose team vs individual play, did Brady single handedly have anything to do with the win over Atl in SB?  Did he do everything...and I mean everything just to perfection in order for them to win?  Or did you chalk that up to a team stat?  Think Matt could've duplicated the same exact thing to get that result?  You have your answer.

As a matter of fact, Ryan lost the three most important games he ever played.  He left his team at the twelve yard line in the 2012 nfccg against San Fran.  Left his team on the field at SB when he was as useless as tits on a bull in the 4th quarter, when his team absolutely needed him to convert a third down.  And finally, he left his team at the nine yard line vs the Eagles in 2018 playoff game.  I guess that's what legends are made of.   

Team sport you will never learn. Stay hating. Ryan is here to stay. 

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Bruh how can y’all not understand that it’s a team game but the Qb is the most important and highest paid for a reason a QB can elevate your team look at Brady with the Bucs Mahomes threw 2 ints in the SB and still put them on his back to win that SB 

25 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

Bruh how can y’all not understand that it’s a team game but the Qb is the most important and highest paid for a reason a QB can elevate your team look at Brady with the Bucs Mahomes threw 2 ints in the SB and still put them on his back to win that SB 

Wait.  It is a team game.  The QB must put the team on his back to win. 

When you order a hot cold tea, have you noticed the wait person looks at you funny?

So are we winning the Super Bowl in the next couple of years with Zach Wilson or Justin Fields?  It would be a 3 - 4 year experiment to see if either one of the pan out as franchise QB.  People keep saying we should move on from Matt Ryan but there is no clear plan B.   

28-3 in the third quarter was good enough to win a Super Bowl.  The epic, record setting defensive meltdown and poor clock management is not Matt Ryan's fault. 

21 hours ago, celtiksage said:

So he's only elite if other fans want him. Huh?

And likely half the top 4 will never come close to doing what MR has done already. 

It amazes me how people can think that the qb ranked 9th all time in nfl history is not elite. Others view him so because of decreased national exposure and playing on a crappy team.

2 hours ago, JetJones11 said:

Brady didn't elevate ****. Laid an egg in the second half against the Packers by throwing 3 picks and scoring only 3 points but his DEFENSE won him the game. When has Matt Ryan's DEFENSE ever stepped it up and won Ryan a playoff game? Oh wait, that's right, Ryan gets all the blame for 28-3 because somehow scoring only 28 points in the game isn't enough. Your takes are so foolish.

3 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

You give Matt Ryan the teams Brady had in the early 2000s with that coaching staff and I guarantee you he would have won 3 Super Bowls too.

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

You give Matt Ryan the teams Brady had in the early 2000s with that coaching staff and I guarantee you he would have won 3 Super Bowls too.

H*** man just give him the oc consistency that brady had and you're talking a different story. We may be looking at something like that with our new regime.

Check this out:

• 2001 Patriots - 6th in Points Allowed (Allowed 13 points, 17 points, 17 points in the playoffs)
  • 2003 Patriots - 1st in Points Allowed (Allowed 14 points, 14 points, 29 points in the playoffs)
  • 2004 Patriots - 2nd in Points Allowed (Allowed 3 points, 27 points, 21 points in the playoffs)
  • 2014 Patriots - 8th in Points Allowed (Allowed 31 points, 7 points, 24 points in the playoffs)
  • 2016 Patriots - 1st in Points Allowed (Allowed 16 points, 17 points, 28 points in the playoffs)
  • 2018 Patriots - 7th in Points Allowed (Allowed 28 points, 31 points, 3 points in the playoffs)

Why does it matter how many points the Patriots have allowed? Because it shows that Tom Brady has never won a Super Bowl without a defense that was elite in points allowed in a season. Guess where the Buccaneers ranked in points allowed this year? 8th. They've allowed 23, 20, 26 points in the playoffs. Look at how many games the Patriots defense allowed 20 points or fewer. A bunch. 10 to be exact. The Falcons defense has only allowed 20 points or fewer in 2 playoff games started by Ryan. They've allowed more than 30 three times. Patriots defense allowed more than 30 only twice in a whole lot more opportunities.

39 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I guess that will be included in Ryan's HOF acceptance speech. Because honestly what the heck could they say? He lost three of the most important games of his career. Maybe they won't mention that. 

How about Vick? How many SB's does he win? 

Playing the if game is for losers. Stats are for losers too. Hardware is where it's at. 

3 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

I guess that will be included in Ryan's HOF acceptance speech. Because honestly what the heck could they say? He lost three of the most important games of his career. Maybe they won't mention that. 

Playing the if game is for losers. Stats are for losers too. Hardware is where it's at. 

It's a TEAM game!! Wins and losses are a TEAM stat. You still don't understand!!! You are so obsessed with Matt Ryan that you can't pull your head out of your butt to realize that wins and losses are a TEAM stat!! Jesus Christ how ******* stupid are you?

4 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

It's a TEAM game!! Wins and losses are a TEAM stat. You still don't understand!!! You are so obsessed with Matt Ryan that you can't pull your head out of your butt to realize that wins and losses are a TEAM stat!! Jesus Christ how ******* stupid are you?

Its only Matt Ryan out there his fantasy world. 

22 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

None of that hardware is at bradys house. Its located at the TEAM facility. Since brady hasn't won a thing by himself.

Edited by Williamb
Addition

13 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Hey genius, just admit that even in team sports there are special players who are simply a lot better than non special players. Derrick Henry vs Ito Smith for example. They are both a product of their teams schemes. But don't blow smoke up my *** and try to tell me that Smith is as effective as Henry if you put him on the Titans. Consequently, Ryan is a very, very good QB. He is just simply not as good as Brady.  It is not in Ryan's DNA to orchestrate a flawless 4th quarter comeback to win a SB... when there was absolutely no room for error. That's what separates very good from elite. 

11 minutes ago, Williamb said:

None of that hardware is at bradys house. Its located at the TEAM facility. Since brady hasn't won a thing by himself.

Brady's running out of fingers to out his hardware on... Deal with it. 

8 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

Hey genius, just admit that even in team sports there are special players who are simply a lot better than non special players. Derrick Henry vs Ito Smith for example. They are both a product of their teams schemes. But don't blow smoke up my *** and try to tell me that Smith is as effective as Henry if you put him on the Titans. Consequently, Ryan is a very, very good QB. He is just simply not as good as Brady.  It is not in Ryan's DNA to orchestrate a flawless 4th quarter comeback to win a SB... when there was absolutely no room for error. That's what separates very good from elite. 

All youre doing is proving our points and keep refusing to acknowledge that its a team sport to win games your moron. You keep sniffing Brady jockstrap when he didnt jack without help. Your football IQ is so low. It takes 3 phases of a game to win. Offense Defense and Special Teams.