Well, This Shakes Up the NFL and the Draft

5 hours ago, jidady said:

The other confirmation is that when people say something can't be done under the cap, they're wrong. There's always a way if you're willing to pay the price.

Thank you. When I mentioned trading MR I was laughed at and told it's not possible based on his salary and dead cap money.  

Teams find a way to restructure contracts, etc.

So for all the cap experts on here especially ones who discount your opinion based on your post count, 😆 laugh and mock others all you want. 😃

I still say it's time to move on from MR. It IS possible to trade him in spite of his large salary. 

MR could use a change and so can the Falcons. 

I won't be surprised if MR is traded.

Let's GO ! 😆 

7 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lions tried to trade Goff during the draft. 

I agree. Word was Deroit was after a QB in this draft and was gonna use the picks they got trading Stafford to make a move. I would love the be that trade partner, but my guess is they trade up to #2 with NYJ.

Though I do wonder if they consider keeping him there in case a rookie isn’t ready day one...but gotta think if they can get something for him to help build around the rookie they consider it. Would be crappy for Goff to get moved twice in one offseason...though he likely would prefer to not be in Detroit anyways 😂 

1 hour ago, AvidFalconFan said:

Thank you. When I mentioned trading MR I was laughed at and told it's not possible based on his salary and dead cap money.  

Teams find a way to restructure contracts, etc.

So for all the cap experts on here especially ones who discount your opinion based on your post count, 😆 laugh and mock others all you want. 😃

I still say it's time to move on from MR. It IS possible to trade him in spite of his large salary. 

MR could use a change and so can the Falcons. 

I won't be surprised if MR is traded.

Let's GO ! 😆 

Well, the thing is. We will take the hit with the dead money. So the trade partner would only be responsible for the base cap hit. We know that we're paying money, whether he's here or not. Trade him and get more picks. If we have another losing season next season, everyone will be pissed.

Hindsight is good, but Foresight is better.

12 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

And if I am HOU I also fine Watson to the max if he digs his heels in this deep. Can’t let a player hold a team hostage, sets a bad precedent for other/future players.

I’m sure they will. But Watson should sit out the first 10 weeks if he is serious. That way way he still gets that year counted. He would be fined heavily but that’s his only recourse that would benefit him

3 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

If we got an offer like this for Ryan and we traded him would yall root for him to win a super bowl still ? I would, would even buy his jersey (and I don’t wear or buy none Atlanta merchandise)..as much as I want us to draft a QB I’ll always be a Ryan fan

Not going to lie. I've never been a Ryan guy. Have gave him his due when warranted, have gave him **** when warranted. If he went to another team right now, I wouldn't have a single care in the world if he won a super bowl. If he does it means the Falcons didn't. I'll always be a team over player fan. 

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

I’m sure they will. But Watson should sit out the first 10 weeks if he is serious. That way way he still gets that year counted. He would be fined heavily but that’s his only recourse that would benefit him

Watson just signed an extension. HOU can get this drama going for 7 years(4 contract +3 franchise tags) if they want. Watson better hope some desperate team will give boat load of pick. Texans can trade him 2022 with minimal dead cap.

3 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Watson has Houston by the balls. They have no premium picks very little cap space and a reputation for being a poorly run franchise with bad ownership- therefore they have little leverage. The only play Houston has is to swallow ther pride and trade Watson for a haul. 

Houston has more leverage than you think. Watson signing that extension actually made the dysfunctional, poorly run franchise, have HIM by the balls