Well, This Shakes Up the NFL and the Draft

6 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

About A.....  true, but.... that collapse would have to happen this coming season.   Right now the Rams already have a defense, running game and an offensive minded HC who has already taken a team to the Super Bowl.   If the Rams need more WR's well....the draft will have a good number to chose from.   I wouldn't bet against the Rams at this point.

The problem with the draft thing is -- and this will blow your mind -- the Rams have the following draft picks in 2021: 57, 185, and 217.

No help is coming for them, and the cap hit on Goff is problematic. The Rams will pay $22 million for his dead cap plus $19.5 million for Stafford this year. So, they'll lose depth with their free agents.

I like Stafford as a fit with McVay, but I haaaaaaaate everything else about what the team has done here.

4 minutes ago, stizz said:

Comparing Ryan against two guys who have never struggled with arm strength, a category where Ryan continues to decline in. 

Speaking of the TB game at home, you must be forgetting when dude lofted an easy INT that was dropped before halftime and ran into his own lineman and fell on that last drive.

He was great for us. He's just not that guy anymore. Banking on him to turn things around at age 37 instead of thinking rationally that he'll end up more on the Brees track is a disservice to the franchise.

Ryan isn't 37.

5 minutes ago, stizz said:

Comparing Ryan against two guys who have never struggled with arm strength, a category where Ryan continues to decline in. 

Speaking of the TB game at home, you must be forgetting when dude lofted an easy INT that was dropped before halftime and ran into his own lineman and fell on that last drive.

He was great for us. He's just not that guy anymore. Banking on him to turn things around at age 37 instead of thinking rationally that he'll end up more on the Brees track is a disservice to the franchise.

I don’t remember the almost INT, but I do remember the sack you’re talking about. Every player makes bad plays now and then. Matt made way more good plays in that game than he did bad. If we’re talking about an aging QB, Brady had a stretch mid season where he couldn’t hit anyone deep. He’s been lighting it up since. Matt is also turning 36, not 37. He’s much closer to Brady’s ability than Brees ability where Brees doesn’t even wanna throw it 20+ yards. I’m pretty sure Matt ranked top 3 this past year in deep pass attempts. 

10 minutes ago, stizz said:

Your arguments lose what little credibility they have when you don't know Ryan's real age is 35. Have faith, but I'd bet that Smith and company have Ryan at QB the next 2 years. There is no reason not too, except hyper inflation of soon to be rookies, none of which are solid guarantees including Lawrence.

7 minutes ago, jidady said:

The problem with the draft thing is -- and this will blow your mind -- the Rams have the following draft picks in 2021: 57, 185, and 217.

No help is coming for them, and the cap hit on Goff is problematic. The Rams will pay $22 million for his dead cap plus $19.5 million for Stafford this year. So, they'll lose depth with their free agents.

I like Stafford as a fit with McVay, but I haaaaaaaate everything else about what the team has done here.

That -is- a mind blower.   Having so few picks is not the way to go, you would think.   I wonder what the Rams got for those picks...  maybe the Rams have drafted and traded so well that they feel they can afford to 'go-fo-it-all', now, with the Stafford trade?   I wonder how many roster openings hey have this offseason....

It really depends on how much help the Rams actually -need-.

What would -really- be nuts?   If the Ram acquired JJ Watt......  😱

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Well Texans have all the leverage. They can fine Watson if he sits out, they will tank the season anyways with out a QB. Get #1 Pick in 2022. Watson has limited options, play sit or hope some desperate team pulls a trade or retire. 

I'm pretty sure he doesn't get paid if he sits out per NFL rules. 

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Also you realize Stafford averages 12 int a season? That’s fine.

Yea he has been one of the least turnover prone QBs in the league. I think he is one of two NFL QBs in NFL history with 45k yards and less than 150ints, the other being Rodgers. 

12 hours ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

I can't see it. Mcvays system has grown quite stale, pretty much like Stafford himself. Plus McVay has had some questionable play calling. I'm starting to wonder what direction that team is going in. Everybody can't horsewhisper everybody. 

I can understand wanting to move on from Goff but Stafford ain't the answer either. Holmes came in made a nice gutsy move to start his tenure.

When’s the last time Stafford had a top WR? Run game? Line? Scheme?

9 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

I'll never say anyone's trade idea is unreal again. I may not agree with it, but I won't say it's impossible. No matter how stupid. This is ridiculous.

Yes, this is the second wholly indefensible trade in a calendar year.

3 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

It's all about timing. Remember the Patriots got Randy Moss for a 4th Rounder. Right now with teams like the Colts, who are in a win now situation would be willing to offer that type of compensation.

Falcons always seem to be a day late and dollar short.. For some reason we can never be ahead of the curve on anything 

8 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Yea he has been one of the least turnover prone QBs in the league. I think he is one of two NFL QBs in NFL history with 45k yards and less than 150ints, the other being Rodgers. 

If i were you, id actually look at his stats.. You may be surprised 

What's strange to me is that in 2014 and 2015, the Rams drafted Aaron Donald and Todd Gurley in the first round. Then, they traded up for Goff and have now disavowed first round picks for a decade.

You'd think that after nailing a stud offensive and defensive player, they'd want more, not less.

48 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Yeah because the OC is ugly

Yes Ryan lofting deep balls so the defender can undercut and throwing INTs on out routes due to declining arm strength is Koetters fault.

Let's just give Ryan a ten year extension.