Well, This Shakes Up the NFL and the Draft

Just now, falcons007 said:

Post June 1st.  I doubt Falcons will even consider a trade pre June 1st. 

No

You trade him; you take a 44.4 cap hit in 2021 (over his already 40.9 cap hit) and then he's off the books forever

You do it post June 1, and it's more than one year, but not near 45 like you said

Only 45 if in one year

Just now, Mescalito said:

Wonder what their plan is if he sits.

Well Texans have all the leverage. They can fine Watson if he sits out, they will tank the season anyways with out a QB. Get #1 Pick in 2022. Watson has limited options, play sit or hope some desperate team pulls a trade or retire. 

7 minutes ago, IfTheBirdsCouldTalk said:

Trade Matt to WFT for two 1st & Daron Payne or sum like that sounds more likely now

I'd want their 1st and 2nd this year, and 1st and 2nd nest year and that's just starting asking price

We'd be giving up our QB and taking most of the financial hit, so we'd need at least that much for them to make it worth it for us

Be different if the pick was higher though

25 minutes ago, Rings said:

You do realize Goff only makes about million more than Stafford next year, yes?  That’s not why they got both those firsts.

You do realize 1 team is paying for 1 year while the other is 2 possibly 3 years with different cap hits right?

That's exactly why they got both.

9 minutes ago, hjerry said:

No

You trade him; you take a 44.4 cap hit in 2021 (over his already 40.9 cap hit) and then he's off the books forever

You do it post June 1, and it's more than one year, but not near 45 like you said

Only 45 if in one year

Yeah I got mixed up with Julio’s trade but Ryan post June 1 would be like 17 M next two years and then 7-8 M in 2023. Trading Ryan in 2022 is much easier.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

The lion as absolutely fleeced the Rams

1 hour ago, jidady said:

1 hour ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

I just don’t get this on the rams part. Stafford is good, but I don’t think he is so much of an upgrade over Goff that he warrants all of those picks as well. That is a do or die move. 

1 hour ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Rams really give no **** about first round picks huh? Not gonna have one since they took Goff in 2016 I think. Overall a crazy trade though. Thought the rumor was pretty dumb cuz it made no sense for Lions to get Goff but I guess they took him for some reason. 

My thoughts.... Rams GM Les Snead used to work here for Dimitroff.   He engineered the RGIII trade with Washington.

Jared Goff's value is very low.  Basically he is a throw-in.  The Rams' 1sts and 3rd will be late in the round, so Detroit did not do as well as you might think, unless Stafford gets hurt.......

Matt Stafford is a much better QB than some here might think.  The Rams just become the latest NFC team to surpass the Falcons in talent in a big way.   Maybe I'll make a thread about it....

Biggest question:  would you guys accept both Detoit's 1st for our 4?

35 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Yeah you don’t do that unless you already got a new guy at QB

Arthur Smith made Tannehill. I trust him to work his magic with 2 first round picks. We have been losing for 3 years with Ryan, not sure it can get too much worse.

Would probably take a flyer on a vet FA anyway.

1 minute ago, egoprime II said:

My thoughts.... Rams GM Les Snead used to work here for Dimitroff.   He engineered the RGIII trade with Washington.

Jared Goff's value is very low.  Basically he is a throw-in.  The Rams' 1sts and 3rd will be late in the round, so Detroit did not do as well as you might think, unless Stafford gets hurt.......

Matt Stafford is a much better QB than some here might think.  The Rams just become the latest NFC team to surpass the Falcons in talent in a big way.   Maybe I'll make a thread about it....

Next years first from Rams snd this years first. 

3 minutes ago, stizz said:

Arthur Smith made Tannehill. I trust him to work his magic with 2 first round picks. We have been losing for 3 years with Ryan, not sure it can get too much worse.

Would probably take a flyer on a vet FA anyway.

What vet?

5 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

The Rams' 1sts and 3rd will be late in the round,

A. I wouldn't take that bet. That's the logic Houston used in trading with Arizona. Any NFL team can collapse at a moment's notice.

B. Depends on what you mean. If you're talking about their #9 and two more first round picks they just got from the Rams, I'd do that.

If you mean the #9 plus one of those picks, I'd want more. The #9 plus #41 plus another 2022 first works.

2 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Neither of those guys are better than Ryan.

And? They are cheaper and we're losing with Ryan anyway. You made a point about my Washington proposal so I answered.

1st rounder/One of WAS linemen/Mid round pick/Vet QB>Ryan

1 minute ago, stizz said:

And? They are cheaper and we're losing with Ryan anyway. You made a point about my Washington proposal so I answered.

1st rounder/One of WAS linemen/Mid round pick/Vet QB>Ryan

Why would you just wanna lose with a nothing QB instead of having an MVP with a scheme he will play better in?

3 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Why would you just wanna lose with a nothing QB instead of having an MVP with a scheme he will play better in?

You're getting caught up in five years ago. Is Cam still an MVP? Ryan is not that guy anymore man. The CHI and LA games were UGLY.

1 minute ago, stizz said:

You're getting caught up in five years ago. Is Cam still an MVP? Ryan is not that guy anymore man. The CHI and LA games were UGLY.

Bruh every QB can have terrible games. Mahomes had his two worst games of the season to end the year. Rodgers had a horrific showing against Tampa the first game and was bad against Carolina late in the year. Even the best QBs have bad games. Matt had his best stretch of the season at the end of the year (TB, KC, TB). Usually if a guy is regressing they’ll typically show it at the end of the year or if they just don’t have it, they suck the entire year. 

6 minutes ago, jidady said:

A. I wouldn't take that bet. That's the logic Houston used in trading with Arizona. Any NFL team can collapse at a moment's notice.

B. Depends on what you mean. If you're talking about their #9 and two more first round picks they just got from the Rams, I'd do that.

If you mean the #9 plus one of those picks, I'd want more. The #9 plus #41 plus another 2022 first works.

About A.....  true, but.... that collapse would have to happen this coming season.   Right now the Rams already have a defense, running game and an offensive minded HC who has already taken a team to the Super Bowl.   If the Rams need more WR's well....the draft will have a good number to chose from.   I wouldn't bet against the Rams at this point.

Personally I would go for the two 1st, plus -maybe- a 3rd even if its next year.  Draft picks are more valuable than ever....I think the Falcons could do very well with those two 1sts.

I do like your idea about getting more, though........😜

4 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Bruh every QB can have terrible games. Mahomes had his two worst games of the season to end the year. Rodgers had a horrific showing against Tampa the first game and was bad against Carolina late in the year. Even the best QBs have bad games. Matt had his best stretch of the season at the end of the year (TB, KC, TB). Usually if a guy is regressing they’ll typically show it at the end of the year or if they just don’t have it, they suck the entire year. 

Comparing Ryan against two guys who have never struggled with arm strength, a category where Ryan continues to decline in. 

Speaking of the TB game at home, you must be forgetting when dude lofted an easy INT that was dropped before halftime and ran into his own lineman and fell on that last drive.

He was great for us. He's just not that guy anymore. Banking on him to turn things around at age 37 instead of thinking rationally that he'll end up more on the Brees track is a disservice to the franchise.