• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I would Trade Matt Ryan for that.

The lion as absolutely fleeced the Rams

I just don’t get this on the rams part. Stafford is good, but I don’t think he is so much of an upgrade over Goff that he warrants all of those picks as well. That is a do or die move. 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

also no one pointed out that it isn't a 1st in this years draft as the Rams already sent two 1sts (20,21) to the Jags for Ramsey

Right, these are 2022 and 2023 first round picks. I haven't seen when the third round pick is.

Thinking out loud, the other byproduct here is that teams have incentive to get stuff done the current NFL year before the rollover. That's due to the uncertainty about next year's cap. Anybody who get lean -- virtually all NFL teams are over the cap right now for various reasons -- can earn some quick compensation.

21 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

I think you are overrating Goff and underrating Stafford

Goff is an average starting NFL qb. Stafford is a pretty good starting NFL qb. Rams mortgaged their future for a 34 year old qb. I don’t believe I am misrepresenting either player. I feel the Rams made a desperate move but they are obviously trying to win now so we’ll see if it works out 

1 minute ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Goff is an average starting NFL qb. Stafford is a pretty good starting NFL qb. Rams mortgaged their future for a 34 year old qb. I don’t believe I am misrepresenting either player. I feel the Rams made a desperate move but they are obviously trying to win now so we’ll see if it works out 

It's like the Brock Osweiler trade in that much of the compensation stems from the cap relief. The Rams wanted Stafford, but they wanted to be out from under Goff's deal. They had to pay more for that latter part.

26 minutes ago, jidady said:

With four picks in the top 50, the Dolphins really don't have much incentive to work a trade. It's entirely possible that Atlanta's the real beneficiary here.

I hope you’re right. I just see them wanting as many picks as possible. There isn’t a must have player for them at 3 (same for Atlanta at 4) so trading down is a logical move for them. 

1 minute ago, Wjcorner said:

Imagine trading Ryan to the Saints now 😂

That would actually make the Saints legit SB contenders if that happened so lets seriously hope not but I'm pretty sure they don't have anywhere close to enough cap space to make that move anyway considering they're nearly 100 mil above the cap lol. 

The Rams think they can be contenders for the next 3 or 4 years with Stafford who is a big upgrade over Goff. Goff was an indecisive turnover machine.

If they are contenders, the 1st round picks won't be early 1st rounders by any means.

The Rams were really handcuffed by Goff's contract and anyones willingness to take it on, so they were going to have to give up draft capital to get someone to take him.

Detroit was able to get a haul for Stafford, but it's not as laughable towards the Rams as some are making it seem. When you think you need one piece to be a serious contender, you can get out of a bad contract, you might need to overpay a bit in draft capital... and that may not be a bad thing if those 1st round picks are late 1st..

39 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Jesus the Rams got ROBBED. 

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

This trade makes no sense.

Rams were trying to get rid of Golfs contract. They have a championship level team and good coaches. Makes sense to go for it especially with the Chargers maybe about to wake up and realize tier huge potential. 

Just now, falcon app said:

Rams were trying to get rid of Golfs contract. They have a championship level team and good coaches. Makes sense to go for it especially with the Chargers maybe about to wake up and realize tier huge potential. 

They have a championship defense but their offense is about as efficient as Detroit's. At least Goff has won a playoff game, heck he went to a super bowl. Stafford has never won a division title. He is the definition of a stat padding QB.