Well, This Shakes Up the NFL and the Draft

16 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

People really don’t understand how much QBs are (over)valued. Bradford who was the definition of mediocre got a first round pick in return. 

You stole my thunder as I was reading down the thread.  A top 10 starting QB in NFL is worth his weight in gold.  We have one of them.

11 minutes ago, TheHeartless said:

They got so much due to Goffs bloated contract, if we straight up wanted picks for Matt in comparison it wouldn't be a comparable haul at all due to his contract imo. This trade makes Deshaun's value unattainable for any team though, he'll have to sit out this season to tank his own trade value.

Good point

1 minute ago, Wjcorner said:

Sooo...do we take Detroit’s first this year, LA’s first next year, Detroit’s 2nd this year and next, to move back?

I suspect this is a value proposition for them wherein they try to redeem Goff to up his value after next year.

If they make a move, it'll be for Watson.

That's pure conjecture, though.

Nothing in the NFL makes sense right now. Jared Goff was starting in a playoff game two weeks ago today. Stafford hasn't been in one in four years...and has yet to win one.

19 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

People really don’t understand how much QBs are (over)valued. Bradford who was the definition of mediocre got a first round pick in return. 

Maybe. But people also don't understand how big coaches' egos are. They can look at a Stafford, Wentz, Darnold and just know in their hearts that the only reason they failed is because their current coaches didn't know how to use them. Sometimes they're right, though. (See: Brees, Drew)

1 minute ago, jidady said:

I suspect this is a value proposition for them wherein they try to redeem Goff to up his value after next year.

If they make a move, it'll be for Watson.

That's pure conjecture, though.

Nothing in the NFL makes sense right now. Jared Goff was starting in a playoff game two weeks ago today. Stafford hasn't been in one in four years...and has yet to win one.

Well if the trading team eats the guarantees, Goff could just be a rental so they don’t have to depend on a rookie his first year in their rebuild.

I’ve got to believe the Lions got that much because the Rams HAD to trade Goff (cutting him was impossible and had way more dead money) 

Goff is a low tier starter imo and I wonder if other teams feel the same, so the Rams had to pay the Lions extra to take Goff 

2 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

Well if the trading team eats the guarantees, Goff could just be a rental so they don’t have to depend on a rookie his first year in their rebuild.

Yeah, that's entirely possible. I'm waiting to see what the money looks like on both sides of this. The Lions just rolled over some cap space into 2021 last week, but they were over the next cap before that.