Well, This Shakes Up the NFL and the Draft

On 1/30/2021 at 10:43 PM, Malachore said:

You do realize the reason they got both of those 1st is because of Goff's contract though right?

On 1/31/2021 at 12:15 AM, Malachore said:

You do realize 1 team is paying for 1 year while the other is 2 possibly 3 years with different cap hits right?

That's exactly why they got both.

12 hours ago, Malachore said:

So you realize that's still double the length like I was saying right?

Keep thinking Atlanta can get that for Matt and his contract. It's not hard to understand the trade if you take those blinders off.

Yup, only got those two firsts for Goff’s contract.  Argued with me multiple times on how I didn’t get it.  Want to retract that logic now?  Probably not...

Started each post with “You do realize...” I do realize something, and it’s how little I think of your logic to talk down to someone when you have no clue what you’re talking about.  Honestly it’s embarrassing that we have fans that still think we could only get a third for Ryan at this point.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I would Trade Matt Ryan for that.

The lion as absolutely fleeced the Rams

I just don’t get this on the rams part. Stafford is good, but I don’t think he is so much of an upgrade over Goff that he warrants all of those picks as well. That is a do or die move. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Rings said:

Yup, only got those two firsts for Goff’s contract.  Argued with me multiple times on how I didn’t get it.  Want to retract that logic now?  Probably not...

Honestly it’s embarrassing that we have fans that still think we could only get a third for Ryan at this point.

Panthers might try to trade up to 3 ahead of us if this is true.

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Eq2p_5pWMAEhJHX?format=jpg&name=medium

My problem with that is, Ryan already has a big cap hit, and for him to succeed, he needs a great playcaller that he's able to get comfortable with, which usually takes a season by itself. He also needs an offensive line that can protect him on both sides and up the middle, a HOF #1 and a great #2 we spent a 1st rounder on that's going to command a big second contract in a couple years that we may or may not be able to afford at the time, and historically he's always done better when he's also got a Pro Bowl running back and a really explosive backup that creates a lot of mismatches in the passing game. 

Of course he'll get stats no matter what, but you need all that so the other team doesn't dominate TOP and run us out of a game in the 2nd half because our offense can't get going again once the defense adjusts to our passing game and Ryan gets hit a few times, which has been a problem since before the Super Bowl and doesn't figure to go away now that we're running that type of offense again.

Over the last couple years our offense hasn't been good enough to justify taking up so much of the team's resources, and we've been reliant on the draft to replenish the defense with little to show for it since 2016. Maybe Pees gets more out of the defense than Quinn and Morris were ever able to, but however good it is, we'll end up saying it could have been a lot better if we could have occupied a hole or two on our defense with a major free agent instead of a stopgap or a draft pick. We're probably not ever going to be able to do that as long as the offense is built around Ryan and Julio, because even if they came back after 2023 on reduced salaries, we'd still need the whole offense stocked to compensate for what they don't give us in the red zone.

FTR, I certainly like the idea that Arthur Smith's offense is going to wipe all those concerns away, and maybe it'll be like 2016 again and the offense will make really fast guys no one had heard of look like superstars a week at a time with Ryan hitting them down the field off play-action. I also know that if the offense struggles out of the gate, as it seems like it might, the first excuse will be that it takes a year for Ryan to get acclimated to this type of offense, and we should go into 2022 essentially looking at it as another Re-Do of 2019 now that we've established that we would have been better off sticking with Sark so that Ryan didn't have to re-learn how to run this offense a third time.

10 hours ago, Rings said:

Or with us.

That would be beautiful. Then in two years, when Ryan is gone, we can watch either Wilson or Fields beat the living daylights out of us for the next 12 years. Then people in here will be totally apoplectic as to how this could happen. But wait, Benkert might be ready by then or we can claim someone like Ryan Fitzpatrick off the scrap heap. 

1 hour ago, joeyg2033 said:

That would be beautiful. Then in two years, when Ryan is gone, we can watch either Wilson or Fields beat the living daylights out of us for the next 12 years. Then people in here will be totally apoplectic as to how this could happen. But wait, Benkert might be ready by then or we can claim someone like Ryan Fitzpatrick off the scrap heap. 

Or they could both be busts.  Time will tell.

1 hour ago, joeyg2033 said:

I get your point, and passion about what you believe.  That's freaking outstanding.  But, there is no guarantee either of your choices will do anything in the pros.  

Who knows who we will draft at 4.  Doesn't matter about the board consensus.  I don't know the minds of TF or AS.  Or their real opinion on any player, either on our team or in college.

Gonna be interesting.

5 minutes ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

They are probably thinking, "Thank god that contract's gone".

Its the sad part about assessing how a college QB with all the measureables will actually pan out.  Its an educated guess, or a leap of faith.  The mental aspect of the game is what fails a top QB prospect.

11 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

Wayne Gretzky once said, you miss 100% of the shots you never take. Are the Falcons better off taking a shot on Wilson or Fields? Or just be bystanders and let others dictate our success or failure? 

Your opinion has merit young brother.  I would also point out that the Falcons may not see those two QBs the way you do.  They will tear them apart and assess them.  But any team in the top 15 or so has to.  That's the intriguing part, we have no idea.  Arthur Smith made Ryan ******* Tannehill look like a pro QB.  And most would say that Mariota might have far more skill than RT.  

Either way man, its going to be quite a ride.  

19 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

Wayne Gretzky once said, you miss 100% of the shots you never take. Are the Falcons better off taking a shot on Wilson or Fields? Or just be bystanders and let others dictate our success or failure? 

I’d rather take 100% of the shots on the stockpile of picks we would get for trading down.  

1 minute ago, Rings said:

I’d rather take 100% of the shots on the stockpile of picks we would get for trading down.  

I tend to agree with you.  The hard part of assessing QBs or any player for that matter, is understanding whether they will fit and thrive with the team, scheme and culture of your franchise.  Just be cause they have skills, it does not predicate success on your team any more than on anyone else's team.

Could Ryan Leaf have had a real career had he not been thrown to the wolves day one and went to a team that could sit him for a couple years?  Maybe.  I am a firm believer in nature over nurture.  Taking the greatest physical specimen in the world, and placing him in a crap situation is not a recipe for success.  Take a hungry kid from Michigan, put him in a system where he can thrive and grab the ring, you get magic.

On 1/31/2021 at 12:08 AM, Slumerican said:

2011,12 and 13 was definitely rough years for Stafford.. Hes done better with the turnovers lately but that potential is always there because hes not afraid and has the ability to throw it 75 yards with no problem 

Well , just think positive ,, At least He has been threw a learning process now for a long time..  I think he'd be a great QB now. 

4 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well , just think positive ,, At least He has been threw a learning process now for a long time..  I think he'd be a great QB now. 

He definitely has the right offensive minded coach to get the most out of him. If Stafford stays healthy he definitely can put up some numbers for the Rams