Well, This Shakes Up the NFL and the Draft

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Wouldn't say Tom Brady looked terrible. His supporting cast was terrible. They were so mangled to the point there was no way in **** he could turn **** to sugar last season. 

But if we compare Stafford between Detroit and this supposed all in by the Rams...

The conclusion is Ryan is washed.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I would Trade Matt Ryan for that.

The lion as absolutely fleeced the Rams

I just don’t get this on the rams part. Stafford is good, but I don’t think he is so much of an upgrade over Goff that he warrants all of those picks as well. That is a do or die move. 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Houston has more leverage than you think. Watson signing that extension actually made the dysfunctional, poorly run franchise, have HIM by the balls

I'd agree with you if they hadn't Houston'd up the deal by giving him a no-trade clause. That gives them no leverage whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I wouldn’t to this far but he has a point. Will Houston move on and what would be the price?

I disagree with that take. I think the 49ers biggest issue to be concerned about is keeping their defense playing at a high level. I believe Sherman and Verrett are both FAs, with Sherman already saying he’s not returning. Saleh is gone, and Sherman might honestly follow him there. They can win the division with Jimmy G. They could do better than Jimmy, but there’s no reason to trade everything they have for the next 3-4 years to get Watson IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I disagree with that take. I think the 49ers biggest issue to be concerned about is keeping their defense playing at a high level. I believe Sherman and Verrett are both FAs, with Sherman already saying he’s not returning. Saleh is gone, and Sherman might honestly follow him there. They can win the division with Jimmy G. They could do better than Jimmy, but there’s no reason to trade everything they have for the next 3-4 years to get Watson IMO. 

Eh, Jimmy isn’t that different from Goff. They need to keep building the defense but has Jimmy peaked for Kyle?

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Eh, Jimmy isn’t that different from Goff. They need to keep building the defense but has Jimmy peaked for Kyle?

Kyle needs to figure that out.

Although some here thinks he some God like immunity, the fact is in 3 of his 4 years there the niners have lost 10+ games.

If that happens again then he is probably toast.....same with Lynch.

2 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

It's nearly impossible to build a complete team that just needs a quarterback, and then keep that team together long enough to get the right guy. That's why teams are hardly ever really "a quarterback away."

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I agree Jimmy G ain’t that guy, but I don’t think he’s what they should be concerned most about. The defense continuing to be one of the best is more important for them staying at the level of a contender. If they wanted a QB, they should’ve gone harder for Stafford. They easily could’ve given a better offer to Detroit than what the Rams gave him and it still would’ve been half the amount it’d take to get Watson. An interesting option for the 49ers assuming they have cap space, which they would need to have anyway to get Watson, is going in on Dak this FA. 

25 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Kyle Shanahan would trade for Matt Ryan, but he can’t afford it.

I actually looked at this the other day. The Athletic has a good article up about SF's cap situation if you subscribe:

https://theathletic.com/2276596/2020/12/22/49ers-2021-salary-cap-challenges/

Here's the key takeaway:

"The 49ers can cut or trade Garoppolo for $24.1 million in cap savings, a total that factors in the $2.8 million of dead money that’d be associated with such a move."

So, Matt would slot in for less money than Garoppolo. As such, they *could* trade for him.

Since they don't have a third round pick, it'd probably require an overpay on their part, though. We would want the #12 plus another pick. Since they don't have a third-rounder, it'd be the #107. So, they'd pick at #43 but then sit on their hands until #148.

I suspect they'd need to pay with this year's first and next year's second plus maybe a player.

7 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Kyle needs to figure that out.

Although some here thinks he some God like immunity, the fact is in 3 of his 4 years there the niners have lost 10+ games.

If that happens again then he is probably toast.....same with Lynch.

That is mainly because his starting qb has been Nick Mullins for half of his tenure. They've lost 8 games in the 4 years jimmy g was the starter. He just can't stay on the field

58 minutes ago, Serge said:

So which one?

When Stafford was last on the field, he didn't look like he was within a year or two of needing to retire for his own health.

I can’t wait for Ryan to go off this year and shut up comments like this.  His arm didn’t look like it got worse, he didn’t look old.  “QB is mid 30s and his team didn’t perform as well, he must be too old now.”  The scheme was garbage.  That’s it.  Ryan’s had multiple throws with a ton of juice and zip in weeks 16 & 17. He’s fine and likely will be until he’s 40.  He was never a QB who relied on arm strength, he relies on accuracy, timing and the mental game, similar to a brees, Brady, manning.  None had cannons.  Will Ryan play until mid 40’s?  Probably not, but to write him off at 35 after throwing for 4,500 yards still is extremely lazy.

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

That is mainly because his starting qb has been Nick Mullins for half of his tenure. They've lost 8 games in the 4 years jimmy g was the starter. He just can't stay on the field

Regardless of that....3 out of the 4 years he has had losing seasons...with 10 or more losses in each year.

And then you throw in the fact that the one good year that he had.....he as a play caller choked big time in the super bowl and was a big reason why they lost.

Coaches can only use the injury excuse for so long.... especially when they could have done more to reinforce the qb situation incase of injury.

He finishes 6-10 again or worae and he is gone....as he should be.