Well, This Shakes Up the NFL and the Draft

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Any of the half dozen teams willing to throw 1sts at stafford. It's almost like some of you don't realize just how unoften a franchise qb becomes available during the off-season. The colts would kill to have ryan right now. You don't like Ryan, cool. You're still wrong.

Of course, Ryan would have to ask for a trade to begin with.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I would Trade Matt Ryan for that.

The lion as absolutely fleeced the Rams

I just don’t get this on the rams part. Stafford is good, but I don’t think he is so much of an upgrade over Goff that he warrants all of those picks as well. That is a do or die move. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Any team a QB away. Doubt they have the capital to outdo the Rams payment, because that’s probably the starting line or conversation for us to be locked into drafting an unknown when it’s proven you can win with Matt Ryan.

So which one?

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Any of the half dozen teams willing to throw 1sts at stafford. It's almost like some of you don't realize just how unoften a franchise qb becomes available during the off-season. The colts would kill to have ryan right now. You don't like Ryan, cool. You're still wrong.

When Stafford was last on the field, he didn't look like he was within a year or two of needing to retire for his own health.

1 minute ago, Serge said:

So which one?

When Stafford was last on the field, he didn't look like he was within a year or two of needing to retire for his own health.

Isn’t that question for the team looking for a QB actually on the market?

Matt Ryan isn’t openly on the market to anyone’s knowledge or reports of such.

Stafford asked to be traded.

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

So, when was Ryan on the market?

I'm not the one that thinks he'd get anything on the market. Y'all are the ones talking about what he'd get in a trade based on what Stafford got.

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Neither does ryan. Making up **** in your head I see? Ryan played better than stafford just last year...

Their seasons last year were extremely similar statistically, which highlights the problem that Ryan looked much nearer to the end than Stafford at the end of last year.

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

Only thing this proves is we should give everything and anything to replace Ryan with Watson.

I’d be down for Watson over a QB at #4 overall; if dreams were real life.

If we could swap Ryan for Watson straight up? Probably the best move given the age and mileage.

Of course, why would the Texans make that move? They can’t even build a team around Deshaun. Lol 

2 minutes ago, Serge said:

I'm not the one that thinks he'd get anything on the market. Y'all are the ones talking about what he'd get in a trade based on what Stafford got.

Their seasons last year were extremely similar statistically, which highlights the problem that Ryan looked much nearer to the end than Stafford at the end of last year.

Ryan having better stats than the younger stafford indicates he's close to the end? Great logic bro. I'll surely keep this conversation going with someone who has such unrivaled wisdom.

Just now, Serge said:

Brady looked terrible in NE in 2019. I mean, we can do this all day. Doesn’t make our opinions the truth. I get what you are saying but you are devaluing Ryan with Stafford; who has never been as good as Matt Ryan on the field.

Unless you admit QBWINZ don’t matter and thus admit Brady is a product of a good environment. Matt Ryan has been in terrible teams since 2013 started. We nearly won a SB with a terrible defense.

Kyle Shanahan would trade for Matt Ryan, but he can’t afford it.

It’s a non-starter. Do you think Arthur Smith chose Atlanta without regard for players like Ryan? The most sought after coach wanted Atlanta despite a 3 year contract and during that time expecting to become a regular playoff team immediately.

I’ll let you connect the dots.

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

This is a great tweet. It's what I referenced last night when someone indicated that the Rams were giving away lower first round picks. We have no reason to believe that.

My guess is that it'll probably end up around #18-#20 next year and then #10-#12 the year after that. And there is ABSOLUTELY the potential for the Miami/Houston situation where the Rams are terrible but don't have their top 3 pick.

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Ryan having better stats than the younger stafford indicates he's close to the end? Great logic bro. I'll surely keep this conversation going with someone who has such unrivaled wisdom.

7.3 ypa compared to 7.7 ypa isn't a lot, but it's still a distinct advantage for Stafford when Ryan looked so decrepit last year.

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Brady looked terrible in NE in 2019. I mean, we can do this all day. Doesn’t make our opinions the truth. I get what you are saying but you are devaluing Ryan with Stafford; who has never been as good as Matt Ryan on the field.

Unless you admit QBWINZ don’t matter and thus admit Brady is a product of a good environment. Matt Ryan has been in terrible teams since 2013 started. We nearly won a SB with a terrible defense.

Kyle Shanahan would trade for Matt Ryan, but he can’t afford it.

It’s a non-starter. Do you think Arthur Smith chose Atlanta without regard for players like Ryan? The most sought after coach wanted Atlanta despite a 3 year contract and during that time expecting to become a regular playoff team immediately.

I’ll let you connect the dots.

Tom Brady. Tom Brady looked terrible in 2019, and he came back, so Ryan's a good bet to come back to what he was. That's the comparison you're making right now. With the undisputed GOAT and the guy that took Ryan's best chance at winning a Super Bowl.

1 minute ago, Serge said:

7.3 ypa compared to 7.7 ypa isn't a lot, but it's still a distinct advantage for Stafford when Ryan looked so decrepit last year.

Tom Brady. Tom Brady looked terrible in 2019, and he came back, so Ryan's a good bet to come back to what he was. That's the comparison you're making right now. With the undisputed GOAT and the guy that took Ryan's best chance at winning a Super Bowl.

Lol YPA.

Still haven’t disproven QBWINZ being overvalued...but if you feel Stafford couldn’t win on those NE teams I get it...just isn’t worth several firsts at all.

5 minutes ago, jidady said:

This is a great tweet. It's what I referenced last night when someone indicated that the Rams were giving away lower first round picks. We have no reason to believe that.

My guess is that it'll probably end up around #18-#20 next year and then #10-#12 the year after that. And there is ABSOLUTELY the potential for the Miami/Houston situation where the Rams are terrible but don't have their top 3 pick.

Eh for me it’s not about team projections in the short term. Rams may be a playoff team next year. They were just stuck with Goff and a better QB became available on the market but it’s a lot to do with individual player projection coupled with their inability to upgrade QB in their short-term.

Basically forced to all in. They have a team and need a QB while being tied to one.

The issue around here is pretending we have the same situation. We need a team still. We have high draft capital. Let’s get rid of the QB first, one we have proven can win big games despite being on less than complete teams; to say the least.

What has Stafford done? He became available on the market.

Ryan isn't. A team would sign him tomorrow if he were a FA. Almost like contracts do matter and what current team believes in said player; or that player deciding where they want to go if they have veto power.

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

Lol YPA.

Still haven’t disproven QBWINZ...but if you feel Stafford couldn’t win on those NE teams I get it...just isn’t worth several firsts at all.

I dare you to articulate to me what the **** "disprove QBWINZ" means. 

6 minutes ago, Serge said:

Wouldn't say Tom Brady looked terrible. His supporting cast was terrible. They were so mangled to the point there was no way in **** he could turn **** to sugar last season. 

Best I can tell the common denominator with some folks is just “Matt Ryan needs to go.”  Just look at the reasoning. 

We should trade Ryan, but nobody will trade with us because he’s so bad. But get fleeced and trade him for a 3rd because he’s the source of all the team’s problems. 

Then....

We have to take a QB at 4 because that’s where you get sure fire franchise QBs. But we can’t trade out of the pick because no one will give up anything for a .....checks notes.... sure fire franchise QB. 

They just don’t like Matt Ryan. Which is fine, but it would be better to admit it instead of twisting in the wind wishcasting his departure for a rookie QB.