• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I would Trade Matt Ryan for that.

The lion as absolutely fleeced the Rams

I just don’t get this on the rams part. Stafford is good, but I don’t think he is so much of an upgrade over Goff that he warrants all of those picks as well. That is a do or die move. 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

To me, this trade looks like it was orchestrated above Snead as a “win now” move. They JUST gave Goff a big contract. The Rams are all over the board in terms of not seemingly having a consensus on which direction the team should go. 

If so then it may be the right move.  Because the Rams are primed to win, now.   Goff had lots of advantages Matt Ryan does not have.  Yet Goff was not good enough, or able, to lift the Rams to that next level.  20 TDs to 11 INTS is absolutely unacceptable.

Both Goff and Gurley got huge deals that turned out to be a waste of money.  Dunno who made those decisions, but the Stafford trade should work out good for them.

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

So Watson was the reason that Houston had a horrible season 

I replied to the assumption, just plug in Watson and we will win. If he can overcome the crap team, he would have done it. Football is team sport, a QB isn't going to win the games by himself. Falcons fans should know that better than any one.

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I replied to the assumption, just plug in Watson and we will win. If he can overcome the crap team, he would have done it. Football is team sport, a QB isn't going to win the games by himself. Falcons fans should know that better than any one.

Oh yeah I agree it’s the ultimate team sport. Everyone has to do their job

1 hour ago, FentayeJones said:

Goff just signed a contract two years ago and got traded so I don't think that matters much. Watson knows that withholding his services to a team with no draft capital or cap space when they could get a haul for him to reset their franchise gives him plenty of leverage.

The difference is the Rams quit on Goff. The Texans haven’t quit on Watson. If he quits on them, he’s trapped. I do think a trade will happen though because what we just saw for Stafford will set a precedent. That being said, someone is going to have to give up the biggest capitol we’ve ever seen to get him 

37 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Let’s not miss that the QB the Rams traded was the number 1 overall pick. So was the player they traded for. 

Sometimes a top 5 pick gets you the franchise QB. Sometimes it gets you a guy you trade along with the next 2 drafts worth of picks so you can get a franchise QB. Be careful what you wish for. 

10 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Well Texans have all the leverage. They can fine Watson if he sits out, they will tank the season anyways with out a QB. Get #1 Pick in 2022. Watson has limited options, play sit or hope some desperate team pulls a trade or retire. 

I haven't kept up with it really, but in your opinion, are there any "can't miss" qb's coming out in the '22 draft?

16 minutes ago, Mescalito said:

I haven't kept up with it really, but in your opinion, are there any "can't miss" qb's coming out in the '22 draft?

Too early to say who but there are good QB to be picked most of the years. Every year we see guys rise and fall off during the season. No one would have guessed Joe Burrow as top pick a year earlier. Same goes for Zach Wilson before the crazy year at BYU. 

5 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Too early to say who but there are good QB to be picked most of the years. Every year we see guys rise and fall off during the season. No one would have guessed Joe Burrow as top pick a year earlier. Same goes to Zach Wilson before the crazy year in BYU. 

Right.  I'm aware of that.  Just wondering if there are already some names that people are talking about...

9 hours ago, Rings said:

When’s the last time Stafford had a top WR? Run game? Line? Sheme?

He's had weapons. Golliday, Marvin Jones, and Sanu aren't just some local jokers off the street. Line and run game, yeah I'll give you that. The point is, Stafford ain't that guy, and at 33 you can't expect him to have his breakout season now. 

Rams got their cheeks spreaded in this deal. They don't have a 1st rd pick til 2024. And Matt Dam Stafford supposedly makes up for all of that? Lol somebody please tell me what am I missing.

36 minutes ago, Mescalito said:

Right.  I'm aware of that.  Just wondering if there are already some names that people are talking about...

No one really talking about him, but Casey Thompson is crazy talented and now has Sark at Texas coordinating the offense. I could see a meteoric rise from barely-talked-about to 1st rounder.

3 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

No one really talking about him, but Casey Thompson is crazy talented and now has Sark at Texas coordinating the offense. I could see a meteoric rise from barely-talked-about to 1st rounder.

I watched the UT bowl game just to get a look at Ehlinger. During the game I posted here that his backup looked WAY better. 

I’m not pining for a QB, but if we get a shot at that kid in the next few years, we should take a serious look. It was only one game, but he was a stud. 

3 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

If we got an offer like this for Ryan and we traded him would yall root for him to win a super bowl still ? I would, would even buy his jersey (and I don’t wear or buy none Atlanta merchandise)..as much as I want us to draft a QB I’ll always be a Ryan fan

I started cutting onions when Sarah was on the field after they curb stomped the Packers in 17’. It was such an infectious joy radiating from their faces. I miss that day🙃

10 hours ago, Rings said:

It’s 2 years vs 4 years actually, but at least you tried.  

So you realize that's still double the length like I was saying right?

Keep thinking Atlanta can get that for Matt and his contract. It's not hard to understand the trade if you take those blinders off.

1 hour ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

He's had weapons. Golliday, Marvin Jones, and Sanu aren't just some local jokers off the street. Line and run game, yeah I'll give you that. The point is, Stafford ain't that guy, and at 33 you can't expect him to have his breakout season now. 

Rams got their cheeks spreaded in this deal. They don't have a 1st rd pick til 2024. And Matt Dam Stafford supposedly makes up for all of that? Lol somebody please tell me what am I missing.

Oh it’s a dumb move imo for LA for sure, but he’s had a bunch of good #2 or #3 receivers in Detroit and a bad team, with pretty bad coaching especially offensively.  It could all fail miserably but it will be fun to watch.  I have much more faith in him doing well in LA than the hype people made about Cam in New England last year.

2 hours ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Yes. He is better. He’s also 7 years older. My main point is the Rams are obviously pushing all their chips in and basically have a limited plan for the future. Outside of Donald and Ramsey, I don’t know if they have a guy they could trade for a first rounder, which is not the end all be all, but it will definitely impede their progress in the coming years.