Here are a few

Hard Case

Here are a few of the highly touted , running QBs that have not lived up to their billing. Just because you are a young , athletic  QB, doesn't guarantee that you will be a savior for the Atlanta Falcons , or even a success in the NFL.  Some have been a success, but many have failed miserably in the end.  Drafting a rookie QB is a crap shoot at best, and the effort would be better spent on a bigger need, at least this year.

Consider these guys :

Haskins

Tua, 

RG lll 

Wentz

Goff

None have been spectacular except for  a short time flask in the pan, and several are apt to be traded.  Be careful with precious first round picks. I say trade down and fix bigger needs.

2 minutes ago, Hard Case said:

Here are a few of the highly touted , running QBs that have not lived up to their billing. Just because you are a young , athletic  QB, doesn't guarantee that you will be a savior for the Atlanta Falcons , or even a success in the NFL.  Some have been a success, but many have failed miserably in the end.  Drafting a rookie QB is a crap shoot at best, and the effort would be better spent on a bigger need, at least this year.

Consider these guys :

Haskins

Tua, 

RG lll 

Wentz

Goff

None have been spectacular except for  a short time flask in the pan, and several are apt to be traded.  Be careful with precious first round picks. I say trade down and fix bigger needs.

Every one of the qb's you listed are very good qb's.. Im not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious with this post.. But if you are being serious you cant know much about football.. And im aware of Haskins off the field issues, but he can and will perform as a starting qb once he gets his life together 

5 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I wouldn't consider Goff or Wentz "running qbs". In fact, Goff had negative yards rushing in college. RG3 was just fine until his injury. Tua hasn't gotten a chance yet and Haskins needs to grow up some. 

Haskins also isn't a running QB. I think the OP was attempting to make a point, but never made it to the pencil sharpener.

26 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Every one of the qb's you listed are very good qb's.. Im not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious with this post.. But if you are being serious you cant know much about football.. And im aware of Haskins off the field issues, but he can and will perform as a starting qb once he gets his life together 

I wouldn't consider any of them except Haskins a bust. However,  in hindsight, I wouldn't use a top 5 draft pick on any of them.

23 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

I'm pointing out the fallibility of rookies, especially rookie QBs.  First of all we don't NEED a QB, we have a competent , franchise QB who has taken us to the SB, and would have won it if not for a Defense that could not make a stop when it counted, and a coach who went deaf , dumb and  blind in the waning moments of the game.  We don't need a rookie QB to come and hold a clipboard for two years, that would set the team back for at least two years.  Besides, people like you would be whining for us to play him.  Matt Ryan is not old and he is not over the Hill. he is still a very competent QB with three or four years competency. There will be plenty of time to draft a QB in those years.  Right now we don't need to waste a high draft pick on a QB when we have much more urgent needs.  Filling those needs can make us competitive  thus year, a rookie QB would do nothing to halp.

17 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Haskins also isn't a running QB. I think the OP was attempting to make a point, but never made it to the pencil sharpener.

3 minutes ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

I wouldn't consider any of them except Haskins a bust. However,  in hindsight, I wouldn't use a top 5 draft pick on any of them.

1 minute ago, athell said:

Haskins?!

😂😂😂

Haskins is a Steeler now I believe.

32 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

They have all had their chances and failed, as most rookies do. 

27 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I wouldn't consider Goff or Wentz "running qbs". In fact, Goff had negative yards rushing in college. RG3 was just fine until his injury. Tua hasn't gotten a chance yet and Haskins needs to grow up some. 

Excuses, they failed for whatever reason.  The Falcons at this point in time , are at a stage where trading down and fixing other obvious problems would be the smart move, not drafting a rookie QB.

2 minutes ago, Hard Case said:

All of you who advocate drafting a QB, would consider all these guys as a RUNNiNG QB compared to Ryan after all the names you call Ryan. You can't have it both ways.

I don't advocate for drafting a QB. Do you read my posts? Lol

Haskins isn't a running QB and he sucks. Don't want him anywhere near the Falcons.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

Why do we have to do this every f*cking day?

Cause there are no other positions on the fb team. You only kid yourself if you believe there are lbers, dl, safeties, cb, etc. that could be discussed. No, ryan is the reason our team sucks, he must be replaced. We need a rb/qb to take his place and the rest of the team can consist of waterboys and season ticket holders. Superbowl bound if we just get another qb, one that can run. These people who are persistent in this argument and associated repetitive threads are just trying to convince others that they are right. All i can say is this, there is no qb in the top ten that I would pick in the top 10. Turds with gold glitter paint simply cause there are no high ranked position players this year.

59 minutes ago, Hard Case said:

Duuuuh, if a QB pulls the ball down and runs , he is running. Some are better than others.  Tomato, tomahto. 

Nah. Mobile QBs can move in the pocket and escape sacks while throwing on the run. 

Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson...etc

Running QBs routinely rack up 100+ yds rushing... See Jackson, Allen, Vick 

2 minutes ago, Sui_Generis said:

Nah. Mobile QBs can move in the pocket and escape sacks while throwing on the run. 

Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson...etc

Running QBs routinely rack up 100+ yds rushing... See Jackson, Allen, Vick 

Wilson and Watson get sacked more than non mobile QB. When your QB is running around it’s hard to block. 

8 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Wilson and Watson get sacked more than non mobile QB. When your QB is running around it’s hard to block. 

Their Olines also suck. Watson got sacked more , but led the league in passing. 

There is no right or wrong. Mahomes moves around a ton and is effecient. Brasy is a statue is effecient. 

I am not saying one is greater than the ther. Just that their is a difference in being mobile vs being a running QB.