Rumors and thoughts in Fields and Wilson

8 hours ago, lju713 said:

Fields will be Russell Wilson at 6'3 watch what I said. He transferred to Ohio State and came from a more pro style offense at UGA. The Big Ten and SEC isn't the same conference that BYU played. Wilson struggled against Coastal Carolina. I would take Fields and Lance over Wilson🤷🏿‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

Lol at calling him RW

9 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Fields is dropping like a rock on many draft boards. But I do believe he will be a first rounder though 

There is no combine this year, they haven't had pro days where they will conduct the  interviews or medical exams. How exactly is Fields dropping when none of the serious evaluation has happened yet? That makes zero sense. 

On 1/30/2021 at 6:13 PM, insight said:

So Joe Burrow is trash? 

It’s fair to ask where Joe Burrow would be if he never left OSU.  Probably playing semi-pro because OSU never would have given him the chance or coached him up in a system that would put his unique skillset on display

36 minutes ago, SPITFIRE said:

Dont they run Air raid ? are you suggesting air raid does not prepare qb's for the pro's ? 

Well I was being sarcastic but considering the Air Raid offense is fully shotgun and has passing concepts similar to Ohio State offense I will let you make your own conclusions on that

4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

It’s fair to ask where Joe Burrow would be if he never left OSU.  Probably playing semi-pro because OSU never would have given him the chance or coached him up in a system that would put his unique skillset on display

He clearly made the right choice, I don't think it Urban Meyer had a problem with his skillset he just felt Dwayne Haskins beat him out.  I bet him years at Ohio State prepared him to be successful at LSU and he took full advantage of it.  Fields had a similar transformation when he transferred from UGA to OSU. 

33 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Well I was being sarcastic but considering the Air Raid offense is fully shotgun and has passing concepts similar to Ohio State offense I will let you make your own conclusions on that

1. Air raid is not fully shotgun. 

2. Sarcasm does not always come across in the posts my bad. 

3. most NFL teams have the same air raid passing concepts in their playbook. 

But you were not saying this so its all good. 

21 minutes ago, SPITFIRE said:

Texas Tech Air Raid is almost 100% shotgun. At least when Kingbury was there.    This is what SI said when they did their scouting report 

All that said, Mahomes does indeed face the steep learning curve that comes with a transition from Texas Tech’s system to the NFL. He will have to adjust to working under center, at least on occasion, while digesting reads and coverages.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2017/03/27/patrick-mahomes-nfl-draft-scouting-report

18 minutes ago, SPITFIRE said:

My whole point to it is that Texas Tech QBs got the same treatment as Ohio State QBs. Mahomes had to overcome that stigma and Fields will have to do the same. Whatever system Fields ran in college won’t determine his NFL success. Mahomes proved that.

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

Texas Tech Air Raid is almost 100% shotgun. At least when Kingbury was there.    This is what SI said when they did their scouting report 

All that said, Mahomes does indeed face the steep learning curve that comes with a transition from Texas Tech’s system to the NFL. He will have to adjust to working under center, at least on occasion, while digesting reads and coverages.

Right, that is not indicative of air raid that is how that coordinator ran it that is all i am saying. You still have the same reads and you still have the same timing for the 5 step and 3 step. He should have learned to read coverages then but it is not required to be decent at running air raid. 

10 minutes ago, SPITFIRE said:

Right, that is not indicative of air raid that is how that coordinator ran it that is all i am saying. You still have the same reads and you still have the same timing for the 5 step and 3 step. He should have learned to read coverages then but it is not required to be decent at running air raid. 

He was good at reading presnap coverages

11 hours ago, FalconofShadows said:

I'm really convinced all the love about Fields in this forum has more to do with the fact that he's a Georgia boy and fans are still upset that the Kirby Smart wouldn't start him and then he left to Ohio State. It's like something is missing inside.

:tiphat:

and for the record, yes, I'm a DAWGS fan. dude couldn't even beat out Jake Fromm. oh but wait, someone posted a few days ago "he went to OSU and was a star"....but who did he have to beat out to start? can anyone name that guy?

2 hours ago, papachaz said:

:tiphat:

and for the record, yes, I'm a DAWGS fan. dude couldn't even beat out Jake Fromm. oh but wait, someone posted a few days ago "he went to OSU and was a star"....but who did he have to beat out to start? can anyone name that guy?

Who did Joe Burrow have to beat out when he transferred to LSU? The player controls how they play, not the depth chart.

Fields was not the only QB situation Kirby mismanaged. Just look at what happened this season with the JT , Jamie Newsome debacle.