Rumors and thoughts in Fields and Wilson

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

That's not what he said

"One team who has already broken down every pass thrown by Justin Fields in 2020 said in private conversations he looked off the primary target on just seven throws.  That’s under three percent of his passes."

I might not have been word for word but only 7 passes that's nuts

Just now, FalconofShadows said:

"One team who has already broken down every pass thrown by Justin Fields in 2020 said in private conversations he looked off the primary target on just seven throws.  That’s under three percent of his passes."

That's out of context. He then breaks down reasons for why that may be the case.

5 minutes ago, FalconofShadows said:

The 7 passes that he looked off were the seven times Olave was covered... 

fields has to many issues that are fixable, but that all depends on his work ethic. wilson looks like the more nfl ready quarterback, but will his body hold up to the nfl hits? who knows, but he has already had 2 shoulder surgeries. id take wilson in a heart beat and let him sit 1 year under ryan to bulk up a bit and learn the nfl game.

6 minutes ago, dapanch420 said:

fields has to many issues that are fixable, but that all depends on his work ethic. wilson looks like the more nfl ready quarterback, but will his body hold up to the nfl hits? who knows, but he has already had 2 shoulder surgeries. id take wilson in a heart beat and let him sit 1 year under ryan to bulk up a bit and learn the nfl game.

Why did Wilson need 2 shoulder surgeries?

On his throwing shoulder?

The more I think about what I want us to do and what I think we will do (with Arthur Smith as HC/ OC play caller) the no.4 pick won’t be QB. The only exception to this will be if it involves a trade with Houston for Deshaun (unlikely). 

45 minutes ago, hjerry said:

That's out of context. He then breaks down reasons for why that may be the case.

He didn’t really breakdown, he asks questions with out any answers. I bet teams probably would want to know. This is continuation of the discussion on all but 7 passes. 
Now — the question begs to be answered — is it because Fields’ primary target got open on all but seven occasions? Or was it because he locks on to receivers? While he threw some bad interceptions in 2020 — primarily against Northwestern in the Big Ten title game and during the regular season contest against Indiana, Fields did not throw a lot of interceptions. He tossed six interceptions last season with five of them coming in the games I mentioned.

1 hour ago, Ransack said:

OSU QB's have been trash in the NFL for a long time and it's been proven over and over that their system doesn't prep guys to play that level of football but some folks just don't want to hear it.

OSU QBs have never been highly regarded coming into the draft. There's a reason none of them ever go high. 

Yes Fields isn't a perfect prospect, he has his problem, processing the game is a big one, and I've been saying for a long time that Wilson will go higher.

Still Fields is the best prospect coming out of OSU as a QB and it isn't close. He's much different from all those past guys like Haskins, Pryor, Smith etc. 

He can make all the throws, great arm, fantastic athlete. Can he process the game at a high level? That's the question. If he can he's a legit franchise QB with Elite potential. 

This is just another attempt for folks to pick & choose over which QB suits them while finding reasons to disregard the other guy.

They’re all going to have learning curves from college. Both Fields & Wilson will take some work & both have talent.

If we go QB early, either guy would have the ultimate guy to learn from in MR.

3 hours ago, Ransack said:

OSU QB's have been trash in the NFL for a long time and it's been proven over and over that their system doesn't prep guys to play that level of football but some folks just don't want to hear it.

Reminds me of how USC pumped out QB in the 1st round, all too fail in the pros

3 hours ago, Ransack said:

So Joe Burrow is trash?