Gritz Blitz

*TMo*

For any of you who have been around a while remember the Gritz Blitz. It was the most fun defense I've ever watched. In another thread about Coach Pees' press conference a fellow poster named falconsfansince66 posted he hoped for the second coming called Gritz Blitz part Deux. I hope Coach Pees really does blitz when he should and we revive the GRITZ BLITZ. Maybe Rise Up will disappear.

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Lotta y’all gone wind up disappointed if y’all think that’s what Dean Pees is bringing.

I just want to see this defense stop some one late in the fourth quarter with a lead. Way too many times We have seen teams drive down the field to score winning TD or a FG.

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I just want to see this defense stop some one late in the fourth quarter with a lead. Way too many times We have seen teams drive down the field to score winning TD or a FG.

Well I hate to tell you, bro ... ☹️Pees’s defenses ain’t above giving up a lead.

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Few times would do. I don’t remember when this D stopped some one to win the game. 

Being a fan of this team will traumatize you but we’ve had a few... and not enough.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/video/can-t-miss-play-reed-sacks-glennon-for-game-winner-19345957

1 hour ago, *TMo* said:

For any of you who have been around a while remember the Gritz Blitz. It was the most fun defense I've ever watched. In another thread about Coach Pees' press conference a fellow poster named falconsfansince66 posted he hoped for the second coming called Gritz Blitz part Deux. I hope Coach Pees really does blitz when he should and we revive the GRITZ BLITZ. Maybe Rise Up will disappear.

along with the ugly gradient uni's

4 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Being a fan of this team will traumatize you but we’ve had a few... and not enough.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/video/can-t-miss-play-reed-sacks-glennon-for-game-winner-19345957

It’s been so long, I remember the GB game from 2016. Rodgers couldn’t convert on 4th down. 

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

It’s been so long, I remember the GB game from 2016. Rodgers couldn’t convert on 4th down. 

We also stopped Philly in ‘19 from driving for the game winner... after we let a receiver get behind us along the sideline for what would have been a walk-in TD but he dropped it... 

... but you didn’t hear that from me.

Y’all, I’m going to break ya down eventually. 
Glanville!  Grits gotta be Quaker!

But what was it?  Why did OCs shake their heads?  Why? What made them GO?  
Stripes!  Bring back stripes. And maybe don’t blitz that much because modern QBs will beat us. But I remember the Gritz and it was fun and  really did scare the pee out of everyone. 
Stripes for the win!

Stripes and Claude friggin Humphrey

image.jpeg.292bc6e00fbad5c6d736af397d41476b.jpeg

2 hours ago, *TMo* said:

Id love to see an all out, aggressive and dominant blitzkrieg of a defense.  Terrorizing.

25 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

You seem to be down in this hire. I like it. Not necessarily for scheme, but this tweet sums it up. Also didn’t you like the LBer higher from the Jets? 

Not so much down as my expectations are just tempered. Dean Pees got that new car smell right now, but a lot of this is just coachspeak. I know what Dean Pees is and isn’t, and I think some of blurbs might be getting people into thinking he’s bringing some dynamic, attacking defense ala Rex Ryan, when the truth is it’s a lot more bend-but-don’t-break.

He’s a good coach. He knows his stuff. He’s an upgrade over what we’ve had, but all of this units issues aren’t going away off the strength of him alone.

And, yeah, I like the Frank Bush hire.

7 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Not so much down as my expectations are just tempered. Dean Pees got that new car smell right now, but a lot of this is just coachspeak. I know what Dean Pees is and isn’t, and I think some of blurbs might be getting people into thinking he’s bringing some dynamic, attacking defense ala Rex Ryan, when the truth is it’s a lot more bend-but-don’t-break.

He’s a good coach. He knows his stuff. He’s an upgrade over what we’ve had, but all of this units issues aren’t going away off the strength of him alone.

And, yeah, I like the Frank Bush hire.

Oh ok, yeah I agree with you a lot. Whats your thoughts on what we do? I really think we may go CB at 4 or try and trade down and get 1. Also we will be looking for a pass rusher and safey or 2. I think we could add at FS in FA. 

1 minute ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Oh ok, yeah I agree with you a lot. Whats your thoughts on what we do? I really think we may go CB at 4 or try and trade down and get 1. Also we will be looking for a pass rusher and safey or 2. I think we could add at FS in FA. 

I’ve been warming up to the thought of Surtain at 4. I keep going back and forth on who I think BPA is at that spot, but with what I know Pees likes to do on the backend I think him with Terrell would instantly change our defense... but if you can get an extra 1, that might be too good to pass up when a corner and a pass rusher could be added.

5 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I’ve been warming up to the thought of Surtain at 4. I keep going back and forth on who I think BPA is at that spot, but with what I know Pees likes to do on the backend I think him with Terrell would instantly change our defense... but if you can get an extra 1, that might be too good to pass up when a corner and a pass rusher could be added.

I agree. Iv'e read great things on Surtain, but also heard small concerns on speed and getting beat over the top with elite recievers. Any concern with that? Alos is Surtain more of a man corner? AJ seems to be a little better in zone. 

4 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Lotta y’all gone wind up disappointed if y’all think that’s what Dean Pees is bringing.

Not exactly on this, but meant to ask you earlier...what do you see as the longer play?  I was excited about bringing Pees in with Gannon.  I wanted a fairly young innovative coach who could work w Pees or a year or 2, bouncing things off each other, and then take over.

We don't seem to have a strong second like that (to me)

2 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Not exactly on this, but meant to ask you earlier...what do you see as the longer play?  I was excited about bringing Pees in with Gannon.  I wanted a fairly young innovative coach who could work w Pees or a year or 2, bouncing things off each other, and then take over.

We don't seem to have a strong second like that (to me)

I liked Gannon. He was one of the names I was hoping we would land, but like I guessed, he was ready to do his own thing and run a unit without anyone over his shoulder.

They’ll be a few candidates who could step in (Bush comes to mind)... maybe not young and innovative though. Just as long as we don’t get stuck with his son.

On another note, if we were going this route, we shoulda plucked Jim Leonhard from Wisconsin. 

12 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I liked Gannon. He was one of the names I was hoping we would land, but like I guessed, he was ready to do his own thing and run a unit without anyone over his shoulder.

They’ll be a few candidates who could step in (Bush comes to mind)... maybe not young and innovative though. Just as long as we don’t get stuck with his son.

On another note, if we were going this route, we shoulda plucked Jim Leonhard from Wisconsin. 

Yeah I hoped on Gannon but didn't expect it.  But I did expect they'd bring in someone similar, for that role.

So would you have seen Leonhard as the apprentice or as the DC from the jump?  Because he's pretty in demand.