• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You’re passing on some really good backs with that logic... Ronald Jones: 4.65 Josh Jacobs: 4.64 James Robinson: 4.64 David Montgomery: 4.63 Kareem Hunt: 4.62 Alvin Kamara: 4.56 Aaron

Think he may be related to Al Davis with that logic.

Posted Images

I think he is one of the better values in the draft for where he is projected to go. Dude just slithers out of tackles and has the power to run through guys. I've been trying to cook up a draft down scenario from 4 where we then draft Williams and Hubbard between rounds 2-4. Rejuvenate the RB depth chart with speed and power ala the old Freeman/Coleman 1-2 punch.

Not saying I’d take him over the top two if all three were still there, but I posted yesterday about him that he is my choice because he will likely be there in round 2-3.  Most broken tackles this season, 80th ranked run blocking offensive line by PFF, and he had a 7.4 YPC...that’s insane!  These are the types of backs you can get 90% of the top guy, who could be even better in our scheme, but at a much smaller price.

6 minutes ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

I wouldn't draft any RB that can't run in the 4.4s before day three. Williams is at the top of the list of the rest though.

40 time and field speed doesn't really go together in most cases. You don't need a bonafide burner at the rb position. 

27 minutes ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

I wouldn't draft any RB that can't run in the 4.4s before day three. Williams is at the top of the list of the rest though.

You’re passing on some really good backs with that logic...

Ronald Jones: 4.65
Josh Jacobs: 4.64
James Robinson: 4.64
David Montgomery: 4.63
Kareem Hunt: 4.62
Alvin Kamara: 4.56
Aaron Jones: 4.56
Derrick Henry: 4.54
Nick Chubb: 4.52
Todd Gurley: 4.52
Melvin Gordon: 4.52
Dalvin Cook: 4.50

Top 10 backs in yards under a 4.5...Jonathon Taylor (3rd) and Zeke (10th), that’s it.

How many runs a season go for 40+ yards anyways?  40 time is almost pointless for backs, look at their 10 yard split and 3 cone if anything, that at least gives you an idea of burst and change of direction.

Just now, Rings said:

Derrick Henry ran a 4.54, how many runs a season go for 40+ yards?  40 time is almost pointless for backs, look at their 10 yard split and 3 cone if anything, that at least gives you an idea of burst and change of direction.

Yeah some of the fastest players end up on PS or barely get playing time. Alot of times the faster players are just that, fast players 

27 minutes ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

Game speed is different. Guys with good vision hit the holes at the right time. You could run 4.3 but if indecisive the running lanes will close fast. You need football players not track stars. 

29 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

40 time and field speed doesn't really go together in most cases. You don't need a bonafide burner at the rb position. 

I agree. I guess what I'm saying is the difference between them at that point becomes negligible. 

That's why the value of the position has dropped so dramatically. You can forge a good backfield out of a lot of RBs. However, all the greats are the ones that can turn good runs into game changing plays with break away speed.

Edited by Run 'n' Shoot
3 minutes ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

I agree. I guess what I'm saying is the difference between them at that point becomes negligible. 

That's why the value of the position has dropped so dramatically. You can forge a good backfield out of a lot of RBs. However, all the greats are the ones that can turn good runs into game changing plays with break away speed.

Henry ran a 4.54 and had a 94 yard touchdown this year.

13 minutes ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

Gadget players use speed. You have to make plays for them to get the ball in open space. BTW, 40 doesn’t measure break away speed/acceleration. Usain Bolt wouldn’t have won many medals if he ran 40 yards. Guys like Henry can hit the hole and accelerate to make big plays.