How do we address pass rush

4 hours ago, lju713 said:

The draft and Carl Lawson or Haasan Reddick on 1 yr prove ot deals???

Players gotta agree to those prove it deals too. With what even average pass rushers get paid in FA suggests that is unlikely. Look what we paid Fowler after a single good, not great, season...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is who I was going to suggest  

Hamilcar.  The name alone gets two snaps up in the never before seen whirlwind zigzag motion. 🤣

4 hours ago, lju713 said:

The draft and Carl Lawson or Haasan Reddick on 1 yr prove ot deals???

Riddick is worse than Vic Beasley. 25% of his career sacks came from one game against NYG this year. Get a proven player, we already have Fowler struggling on prove it deal. 

34 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Riddick is worse than Vic Beasley. 25% of his career sacks came from one game against NYG this year. Get a proven player, we already have Fowler struggling on prove it deal. 

We have a “prove it” player on a top player contract unfortunately (Fowler)

24 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

We have a “prove it” player on a top player contract unfortunately (Fowler)

It’s basically a two year deal, can cut him next year easily. I wouldn’t judge him yet with crap coaches last year. See what he can do under Pees. It could have been Robert Quinn’s deal. 

7 hours ago, Slumerican said:

So we can pay Watt to retire here and never intend on producing on field?? Hard pass

Pees mentioned in his interview he wants to be multiple upfront who do you see on the roster right now that fits the description?

Draft doesn’t appear to be alot of talent rushing the passer coming out.

Reason I mention Watt is because he fits what Pees wants to do.

5 hours ago, falcons007 said:

They can free up around 50 M in cap space just with restructuring contracts. It’s just restructuring, not extensions. Extensions can give more cap relief. Cap is not some hard fact etched in stone. If As and TF think they need some one, they can get it. TD was too conservative when moving around cap.

Couldn't disagree more.  Who are you restructuring and what are their cap hits in the future years.  I without double checking, think Ryan, Jones, Jarrett and Mathews will take up $105 million in cap space in 2022.  Do you want to inflate these numbers even higher?

14 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Julio Jones for JJ Watt straight up.

Its not far fetched.   JJ wants out....Julio's status is a bit uncertain (though I think Smith could revitalize Julio's career).  Ridley is in the last year of his rookie contract.   Falcons need to pay him or lose him.   Moving Julio may help free up cap space for Ridley next offseason.   Moving Julio now frees up cap space right now for Watt.

The Texans could use the prospect of throwing to Julio, to help convince Watson to stay.  Throw DeShaun a bone to show Watson they are trying to help him.

I could especially see this happening, or Julio leaving some other way, if the Falcons use our 4 to pick a WR, if Fontenot regards WR to be BPA.   

Edited by egoprime II

Realistically, our best hope is that -- presuming we don't cut him -- Fowler plays night and day better. Then, we need for an Adrian Clayborn to fall into our laps for cheap.

Nobody in this year's draft looks like they'll start with an eight-sack season. Now, somebody probably will, as there's a weird thing about luck that comes into play. We don't have a can't miss dominant EDGE prospect this draft, though.

It's gonna take a village for us to have a pass rush.

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Pees mentioned in his interview he wants to be multiple upfront who do you see on the roster right now that fits the description?

Draft doesn’t appear to be alot of talent rushing the passer coming out.

Reason I mention Watt is because he fits what Pees wants to do.

5 years ago, id definitely be all in on Watt.. Not so much now, really hope our scouting dept does thier homework and can find a diamond in the draft.. I dont have anyone on radar, but I also wasnt fond of Shaq Barretts college career and hes definitely impressed me.. 

I honestly think we try and trade down a few spots. Then go best CB that fits our scheme. Or stay at 4 and pick the best CB. Fixing our secondary will help the pass rush, plus it sounds like we will blitz a lot if we can't rush the passer with 4. I still think we try and draft a pass rusher late first or 2nd though depending on trade down. Fowler should be better in this system. I think we draft a safety or 2 also unless we add 1 in FA which is likely. 

8 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

5 years ago, id definitely be all in on Watt.. Not so much now, really hope our scouting dept does thier homework and can find a diamond in the draft.. I dont have anyone on radar, but I also wasnt fond of Shaq Barretts college career and hes definitely impressed me.. 

I’m more along the lines of 1 addressing the talent balance between offense and defense and 2 going off the Pees being multiple upfront.Watt can still be a presence upfront and is that multiple chess piece I think Pees could maximise if this trade ever were to happen.

Jarrett and Watt inspire a **** of a lot more confidence than just Jarrett and a unproven rook who could turn out to be a JAG.

5 hours ago, egoprime II said:

Its not far fetched.   JJ wants out....Julio's status is a bit uncertain (though I think Smith could revitalize Julio's career).  Ridley is in the last year of his rookie contract.   Falcons need to pay him or lose him.   Moving Julio may help free up cap space for Ridley next offseason.   Moving Julio now frees up cap space right now for Watt.

The Texans could use the prospect of throwing to Julio, to help convince Watson to stay.  Throw DeShaun a bone to show Watson they are trying to help him.

I could especially see this happening, or Julio leaving some other way, if the Falcons use our 4 to pick a WR, if Fontenot regards WR to be BPA.   

Watt will be cut if no one is ready to trade for him. Watt is gone one way or the other. 

20 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Trade for JJ Watt.

If he wants to play for Falcons. He said he doesn’t care about money and wants to play for contender not a rebuild team. Either ways Houston will have to cut him if they can’t trade. I will throw in 4th or. 3rd for the trade.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

If he wants to play for Falcons. He said he doesn’t care about money and wants to play for contender not a rebuild team. Either ways Houston will have to cut him if they can’t trade. I will throw in 4th or. 3rd for the trade.

But i cant believe Watt see the Falcons as a contender.. We had one of the worst records in the NFL last season.. You'd have to be a delusional homie to try and convince Watt we are actually a contender for anything imo

7 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

But i cant believe Watt see the Falcons as a contender.. We had one of the worst records in the NFL last season.. You'd have to be a delusional homie to try and convince Watt we are actually a contender for anything imo

I have no idea how Watt sees Falcons but Falcons  should pursue it. I doubt Watt comes to a team wasting #4 pick as backup. If they sell the draft and vision, they have a chance. Worth a shot.

Just now, falcons007 said:

Watson isn’t going anywhere unless some team is desperate to give up 2-3 first rounders. Texans have all the leverage. 

If he's not traded, i will almost bet you anything he will not play for the Texans.. I may be wrong, but have you heard some of the things Watson has said about the team lately?