How do we address pass rush

Obviously 4 is way to high for anyone in this years draft. IMO RB and FS are positions I could see us addressing in rounds 2 and 3. I assume we make some sort of FA signing to address the pash rush, and with Pees’ multiple fronts defense that could be in the form of a DE or OLB. Even if we sign someone in free agency I would be shocked if we didn’t draft an edge player as well. 

With the senior bowl going this week I have been keeping an eye on mid round draft guys. One guy that stood out for me is Hamilcar Rashed Jr out of Oregon St.  Had a huge 2019 but didn’t do much of anything in 2020 due to PAC 12 all but shutting down this year due to COVID. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/hamilcar-rashed-jr/alPwuc5VfP

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is who I was going to suggest  

Hamilcar.  The name alone gets two snaps up in the never before seen whirlwind zigzag motion. 🤣

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

you better hope Julio don't see this, 

he may straight up pull a Dan Campbell and come for your kneecaps

:lol:

We need pass rush.Listening to the Pees interview he wants to be multiple up front.I think adding a guy like Watt solidifies that position.

We got some talent still on this roster I just feel the band won’t be together forever.Wheather it be Ryan Debo Julio Jarrett Matthews.

The draft position we are I we could basically replace thee mentioned with new talent.

For me adding Watt to this defense puts an edge to it that it’s never had.You go FA FS Draft CB OLBer QB LG RB wed see some real improvement quickly.

23 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

We need pass rush.Listening to the Pees interview he wants to be multiple up front.I think adding a guy like Watt solidifies that position.

We got some talent still on this roster I just feel the band won’t be together forever.Wheather it be Ryan Debo Julio Jarrett Matthews.

The draft position we are I we could basically replace thee mentioned with new talent.

For me adding Watt to this defense puts an edge to it that it’s never had.You go FA FS Draft CB OLBer QB LG RB wed see some real improvement quickly.

We don’t have enough cap space to fit watt on our team. We just can’t trade him and forget the contract. 

3 hours ago, GleasonForever! said:

We don’t have enough cap space to fit watt on our team. We just can’t trade him and forget the contract. 

They can free up around 50 M in cap space just with restructuring contracts. It’s just restructuring, not extensions. Extensions can give more cap relief. Cap is not some hard fact etched in stone. If As and TF think they need some one, they can get it. TD was too conservative when moving around cap.