1 hour ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I thought about him hanging on to take over after Andy.....but if that's the case....why even interview for other opportunities. 

Some people do it for the experience. I've actually seen some people recommend doing that. If he wants to nail an eventual HC position with KC, getting interview experience with other clubs is a good way to prepare.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We were really lucky to get Smith. A lot of regular guys are getting shots now

Lions Head Coach was probably just as cringe worthy and Adam Gases, high off coca**e was a pretty good one as well.  At the end of the day, I'm so grateful for Aurty Smith!

What I learned...... System good, not smart bad 

1 minute ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I thought about him hanging on to take over after Andy.....but if that's the case....why even interview for other opportunities. 

I think he wants a HC job now. But there's clearly something keeping that from happening. They said he didn't interview well with us (whatever that means). Maybe he doesn't have a whole-of-team plan or hasn't reached out to potential staffing candidates. Normally, I'd say that race is a factor but he's been one of the hottest names for the last couple of cycles and most writers and fans would consider him a slam dunk for a lot of franchises. Something is definitely off here.

2 hours ago, red falcon said:

Eh he just won a super bowl in KC i question why would he even leave.

Every assistant sees things that he believes he could improve and wants his own team so he can prove it. Every single one. Kyle felt that way about every coach he worked under until he got his chance. Sean McVay felt that way about Kyle and Matt LeFleur did, too. It's not disrespectful but they all believe that they'd do something different if given the chance.

18 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Every assistant sees things that he believes he could improve and wants his own team so he can prove it. Every single one. Kyle felt that way about every coach he worked under until he got his chance. Sean McVay felt that way about Kyle and Matt LeFleur did, too. It's not disrespectful but they all believe that they'd do something different if given the chance.

I only say it because reid will prob retire soon. What situation is better than that?

6 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’ve never been high on Eric Bieniemy because of his lack of experience calling plays in the NFL, but the fact this guy got a HC job ahead of him is perplexing...just wow

I could follow that logic until the Colts OC got a spot over him...a worse offense from a guy who also didn’t call plays.  

Well I’m sure he at least interviews well, had a great plan and is extremely well spoken to win the job over Bieniemy.  

Oh wait...that’s this guy...he can’t...oh god...

6 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

It's amazing, ain't it? I have never met Eric Bienemy but there has to be some unseen reason (other than what may appear to be obvious) why owners would hire Curly, Larry & Moe before him. Maybe he'll take over in KC after Reid retires. I'll be shocked if the Lions or Iggles do better next season.

I half suspect thats the real deal. EB really probably loves his job, and they get the feeling he doesn't want it.  And Reid ain't coaching forever.  

39 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I half suspect thats the real deal. EB really probably loves his job, and they get the feeling he doesn't want it.  And Reid ain't coaching forever.  

It's going to be hard keeping all of those assets for more than a couple of years. Especially after Mahomes' half-billion dollar deal kicks in and the fallout from COVID-related revenue losses hits their salary cap.