• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I like this dude.  He's really personable and seems like the players are going to like him.

Same. I thought it was interesting and very personable how he said hi to each person by name and how he was able to recall interviewers names when referring back to them. I don't know how many of y'all can do that (I can't at all) so that takes some mental capacity to accomplish.

And I like that he already knows all his D staff.

His enthusiasm will be contagious.

Love what he's saying and I sincerely hope he's been watching enough games during his brief retirement to see how refs are calling the games.

It always seems we get the worst calls against our defense at the worst times, usually on 3rd down situations.

3 hours ago, falcons007 said:

So we are going to see Amoeba 2.0 with Blotz from every position. 9-10 guys all at LOS. 

In the three games I watched, he had maybe 6-7 down there and they’d drop out or have a delayed Blitzer. The Titans didn’t have the speed this defense has but they had better linemen. This draft has big linemen with decent speed and long *** arms. We could get a couple and start building it up

1 minute ago, Statick said:

Love what he's saying and I sincerely hope he's been watching enough games during his brief retirement to see how refs are calling the games.

It always seems we get the worst calls against our defense at the worst times, usually on 3rd down situations.

I can tell you this coaching staff aren’t going to take bad calls like the previous regime did. 

3 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Same. I thought it was interesting and very personable how he said hi to each person by name and how he was able to recall interviewers names when referring back to them. I don't know how many of y'all can do that (I can't at all) so that takes some mental capacity to accomplish.

And I like that he already knows all his D staff.

His enthusiasm will be contagious.

Indeed on all accounts.

I liked the interview but if I am honest it did remind me of Quinn when he first got here.

Enthusiasm with results is great....bit when you start losing that can start to wear on players.

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Indeed on all accounts.

I liked the interview but if I am honest it did remind me of Quinn when he first got here.

Enthusiasm with results is great....bit when you start losing that can start to wear on players.

The difference was I didn't hear the rah rah stuff from Pees. And I loved his first requirement: toughness. And he says to stay flexible and adaptable. When something isn't working, find a different way to do it.

I think he's gonna be just fine in Atl.

This interview he actually explains what adaptable means. Not the Mike Smith/Mike Nolan BS.

He fully explains, the year they won the superbowl in Balt, they lost Ray Lewis for 10 games and Suggs for 8. He had to change the defense to fit the players he had. That is everything you want to hear from a coach. He isnt going to run his head into a wall calling the same coverage or defense over and over when the players may not fit it. He will adapt to a corner that is better in man vs zone (says that in the interview). To me it signals a smart DC who isn't stuck with the seattle  cover 3 or the Tampa 2. He will do what works.

Edited by runshoot
3 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

The difference was I didn't hear the rah rah stuff from Pees. And I loved his first requirement: toughness. And he says to stay flexible and adaptable. When something isn't working, find a different way to do it.

I think he's gonna be just fine in Atl.

Toughness was always a thing for TD as well.

I am just saying I did not hear anything that we have not heard a thousand times before.

I think and hope he does.

I am particularly interested to see if we do indeed keep Fowler how he can utilize his skill set.